Homestuck Clan Thread: The Seconding

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Starstucks Clan, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nightclaw

nightclaw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

look
    cod isn't bad, it was never bad and it wont, for the foreseeable future be bad
    yes they have had a series of ruthless entrepreneurial actions be committed by their publishers
    yes they have been a series that very much was based on repeating old actions in a way of cashing in on established consumers

does that mean that they are bad? no
    they have no shortage of graphic fidelity, nor actually okay gun play, and they can be quite exciting when they're not stuck with their head up their ass

this is bad

people who call cod bad are pretentious fuckwits who categorize games based on subjective values rather than objective construction,
    does that mean its good? no. does that mean i like cod? god no!
    im just sick of people saying cod is a generic, awful experience.
    its not badly written as a narrative, nor is the acting bad, nor is the animation, the balancing, or anything really.
    the first modern warfare was even profound, to a point.
    its honestly a matter of fanbase, that makes people think cod is bad, because if 7 year olds enjoy something, me and my big manly mature adult-ness will be fucked with a giant spiked dildo before enjoying it, right?

Edit: does that mean you have to like it? no, does that mean i have to like it? no.
    enjoyment is subjective, but cod is not objectively bad, and it upsets me when people act like its a rabbit, cancerous dog that has ticks infected with some kind of flesh eating disease

2. Roxie Stables

Roxie Stables Parsec Taste Tester

Episode 6 of Evangelion told me Ayanami and Shinji are cute together, I expect a traumatic death.

3. Exxion

Exxion King Homestuck V

I use Trinity because I got all the parts while farming for something else so I just said screw it.
    Trinity is hella fantastic in a group, though really only the ultimate ability and occasionally the second ability to charge up in order to use the ultimate ability
    OK, Trinity is garbage except the ultimate ability, but damn is it a good ultimate ability.

4. RedScarWolf

RedScarWolf Spaceman Spiff

Oh, I can't wait~

Padexin and Scienta like this.
  5. Scienta

Scienta Pangalactic Porcupine

To some degree the people who call it good, or even try to defend in this way, are in the same boat. Yea COD isn't "bad", but its not good either. I would equate it to gaming junkfood, yea its kinda tasty, but you know its bad for you, and there are better treats you could be having.

6. nightclaw

yes
    i agree with this
    god dammit im all worded out and now i cant chat up the ladies
    i have fucked the up

Padexin and Scienta like this.
  7. Rakuida

Rakuida Phantasmal Quasar

I completely agree

8. Exxion

Exxion King Homestuck V

I agree, but not quite so adamantly
    I don't like CoD, but I don't think it's a bad game. A lot of people like it, presumably for good reason.
    Hell, the total worldwide playtime of it is about 2.9 million years (not an exaggeration).
    I do disagree with the generic part, though. It is kind of generic. But it's a well-executed generic FPS. Generic isn't automatically bad, it's just that bad games are often rather generic.

Padexin likes this.
  9. nightclaw

thats a valid opinion

Padexin likes this.
  10. Roxie Stables

I don't care for shooters in general, this is my contribution to this convo.

glassdragon, Padexin, Seajun_ and 3 others like this.
  11. Scienta

On warframe

RedScarWolf and Aeridan like this.
  12. nightclaw

well i have to go to bed
    but i didn't know you guys were into warframe
    i have it but i haven't gotten too into it because of the way its structured more towards teams than solo fighting, and i haven't been able to get a good team from matchmaking

so maybe we could group together guys

13. Aeridan

Aeridan Pangalactic Porcupine

Gotta agree with you there.
    While I myself am not a very big fan of the series anymore, I feel as though most of the actual hatred towards it comes from it's massive popularity (which is mainly from, like you said, pretentious cock waffles), and the fact that it has been growing increasingly popular with a younger crowd. The games themselves aren't bad (although they do tend to recycle mechanics and whatnot, making for occasionally little new gameplay, although I mean if it ain't broke don't fix it), but they're far from great.

CaptainMcManface and WoxandWarf like this.
  14. RedScarWolf

RedScarWolf Spaceman Spiff

CoD is fine, it's the community that's terrible.

15. Exxion

Exxion King Homestuck V

I have made a point of not spending a cent on the game, so I only have two Warframe slots.
    I have ten or eleven weapon slots, though, because the limited edition weapons come with slots.

16. Scienta

I crave novelty. I get bored of a game before I even can finish it sometimes. The perfect game for me is a game that you have to learn, because until I know how to do everything, or feel that there is still more to perfect, I will keep playing. My arguement against the series, but that puts a lot of other games in there too.

17. On the topic of CoD
    I've played it quite a bit and I'd say it's bad. I mean, not Ride to Hell: Retribution levels of bad, but it's still bad.

I definitely prefer other game genres.

Scienta likes this.
  18. Rakuida

Rakuida Phantasmal Quasar

On topic of Warframe I'm downloading it onto my main compy again
    yay

Scienta and WoxandWarf like this.
  19. Roxie Stables

I'm sick and it's 10:05, I probably should slep since I'm not thinking straight anymore but for that same reason I don't want to slep. Anime never sleeps.
    I'm mostly into a good story, if it has that I'm in.

20. Scienta

I prefer a first person perspective, and most games not in the FPS genre, are not First Person.

Damn I have way to much to say about gaming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.