1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OmegaMinion

OmegaMinion Phantasmal Quasar

I have noticed, that when attempting to obtain the Soldier's Set of Armor through the temporary pricing at the Spinning... Wheel... Thing, well, you know what I am talking about.
    Anyway, when attempting to get the full Soldiers Suit of Vanity Armor, I noticed there is no chest piece.

2. Servine

Servine Phantasmal Quasar

Well, let's delve deeper and see what's at the bottom of this rabbit hole.

3. Arcalane

Arcalane Pangalactic Porcupine

It's come up before but it's been buried under people who should be putting OFF TOPIC NATTER in OFF TOPIC THREADS.

Get your shit together, people. Please. You're burying legitimate discussion now and that's just rude and inconsiderate.

Anyway, the Soldier's Chestpiece is cosmetically identical to the tier below (Scout's, I think?), which is why it's not available at the wheel.

InADarkMirror likes this.
  4. Raieth

Raieth Ketchup Robot

ah, my hardest task so far is to find out where all the settlements are. Having, VisSOU, Wasteland, starcape, and something else I think. so finding avail are proving difficult. I'm assuming they are only spawning on vanilla worlds right?

5. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

Until I get my sketches done, here's my little add-in for Avali building :D This'll eventually be a Avali hab-center on my primary homeworld, more then likely storing any special Avali NPCs or items, and just derping around with the construction aspect.

[​IMG]

Kinda sparse right now, but I'm kinda waiting until the updates to allow us to make the materials, at which point thanks to my collection of mods I can really go nuts making materials :3 Tech plating especially will become useful for the lower floors with how I'm thinking I wanna do this.

6. Nicb1

Nicb1 Void-Bound Voyager

Iv'e been using this mod for quite a while now and it is one of my favourate mods to date. On a side note though I wanted to let you know that when I load up this mod alongside the Frackin' Flora mod I get a client-server disconnect error. I think this is caused due to the flora mod adding a quest at the beginning of the game. Not too sure which mod is the main cause for the error, although I'm hoping that this issue can be resolved soon by either you or the author of the flora mod.

7. legoracer

legoracer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ryuujin, how high is fixing the running animation's "jiggly belly" effect on your priorities list? I was thinking about taking a shot at fixing it, but thought I'd check with you first in case you were already working on it.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  8. Silavor

Silavor Pangalactic Porcupine

Given the sheer number of times it's been brought up, I wonder if it might be worthwhile to re-enable the Soldier's chestpiece, even if it is just a duplicate of the Scout's. If people want to waste their resources on it, then that's their prerogative. At least they won't be constantly asking why there isn't a chestpiece for T3.

9. Aryto

Aryto Subatomic Cosmonaut

After scouting the nearby areas, the two workforce packs began tunneling into the mountains, building first a corridor which then led to the construction of a permanent worker's home for all 9 of them.

Now if I could teach them to shut the doors behind them, they wouldn't have to deal with monsters inside their home... Well, I been up too late as is. Good night!

[​IMG]
    Who says we dont't live in the mountains?

RyuujinZERO likes this.
  10. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Are you using the most up to date version? - One of the older fracking flora versions was dirty.
    Or i might just rename it all to eliminate the impression that there are intended "sets" of vanity clothing so people just do what i intended all along and pick and mix what they think looks right for them >.< (Avali hunters are unlikely to wear identical uniforms, they're meant to customise it to their personal needs)
    Relatively low, I've been scratching my head on it for a while. You're free to have a go if you can figure out what's causing the appearance of it.

11. Levrix

Levrix Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well then...

That's interesting

12. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

(They say he volunteered to help with the voicing, he really was taken hostage)

13. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

I thought Wasteland conflicted with VisSOU? Anyway, yeah, I too am having problems finding Avali settlements. It would be awesome if there was a device that when used on your ship, would point out a random selection of planets in your sector that have settlements/dungeons of the race in question.

14. Raindrac

Raindrac Existential Complex

It depends on if you have the compatibility patch. I have a patch for Vitsou + Starscape, VitsoU + Wastelands or all three.
    He added the dungeons to the global pool, so they should spawn in any biome. We both use __merge for planetgen.config, even the compatibility patches.
    I haven't really noticed that. But now that you've mentioned it, I probably will. Thanks! :rolleyes:

By the way, finding the Avali is so difficult because they only have one "dungeon" type, and it has the same odds of spawning as any other "dungeon" type.
    There are also 1 - 3 global "dungeons" per planet, and over 15 for the game to choose from.

15. Starrypop

Starrypop Subatomic Cosmonaut

am i late to rustle the jimmies?

16. InADarkMirror

InADarkMirror Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think that that would probably make the most sense.

I had that problem when I made my Hylotl town. The solution, as I found it, is that NPCs are far more likely to close doors that open onto exposed background on one side. If the door is "inside", they don't care.

17. Icowom

Icowom Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm not sure If me and my buddies are doing something wrong, but we can only seem to craft up to Titanium plate inserts. There's no way for us to craft the higher tier armours.

Is this a local problem or hasn't it been implemented yet? I was under the assumption that this update would let us use Threat 10 Impervium plates

18. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

They can spawn on any world type, including VitSoU/Starscape/Wasteland worlds; provided those mods are done cleanly. If any of those mods overwrite (as opposed to merge) with planetgen - VitSoU as dracoyoshi says, is done properly.

Oops, error on my part, tier 4 has a recipe for avian racial armour, not avali armour inserts. My bad, I'll fix that next update. Tier 5-10 work fine.

19. Icowom

Icowom Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Now we cant find the Avali aerogel stuff that replaces soil, nor crystal farms xD

But thanks for clarifying the armours

20. Little-blade

Little-blade Void-Bound Voyager

Firstly sorry if this has been asked before, I went through the FAQ and wiki and didn't find anything...

I just installed the latest version of the mod and was wondering if we have to reset the universe in any way (had to do this after the Angry Koala hotfix to large structure generation) in order to generate the settlements or if settlements will now show up automatically.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.