1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InADarkMirror

InADarkMirror Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've found both my villages on tier 1 planets in the Alpha sector.

2. triggertried

triggertried Astral Cartographer

Any specific biom

3. Teron Gray

Teron Gray Void-Bound Voyager

I wonder if Ryuu could fudge in T10 temp weapons. I was all squee at the Avali guns, until I realized I can't seem to break the T4 mark with them. D:

4. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

I was waitting on feedback from folks about the tier 1-4 guns (in terms of DPS/energy balance/'feel' of using them) before I propagate them to higher tiers as it's a lot of work to go back and rebalance them all again.

5. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

On the topic of tent designs, Stilted tents! to keep that pesky water out:

[​IMG]

DarkusTheFirst, Aryto and RyuujinZERO like this.
  6. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Excellent idea. And if i make stilts tall enoguh players can walk under it (This is a major hangup on tent designs, I don't want people trapsing through houses all the time, it looks silly in the core game too :p

7. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

got back from vacation....30 pages, yeah I'll pass on reading of that

RyuujinZERO likes this.
  8. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

I'll see what I can do about some sketches. Had a idea for what the Avali's flag may look like, among some other props :3

9. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

We already know what their flag looks like <.< - I just havn't implemented it yet xD

10. vandorbelt

vandorbelt Subatomic Cosmonaut

well, I did notice that the tier 4 firelance bullet velocity tends to be pretty variable. When you hold the power button for only a moment the projectile travels extremely slowly. I assume this is because the code is based off of the bow, however the tier 1 firelance doesn't seem to have the same issue.

11. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Ketchup Robot

Hmm not sure yet since I haven't seen them yet in the later tiers so don't bite my head off if it's already there. Metal based tiles? Like ones that use iron, steel, titanium, ect, ect, ect.

Also did I forget to say that the Avali decoration/building blocks are flipping awesome? I think they are like high ranked in my favorite blocks to use now.

12. InADarkMirror

One was on a snow world, the other on an arid one.

EDIT: I'd also like to raise another vote for wanting to see some more Avali decorative items! Personally, I'd love a custom furnace, and maybe a cooking table.

13. winterbraid

winterbraid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd like to thank everyone involved for this wonderful mod, the quality of the sprites and animations really shows how much effort has gone into this. Just found a settlement, and on a Snow planet as well!

70hMH.jpg

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but attempting to interact with the NPCs appears to cause an error: http://pastebin.com/Czt6Gzk8
    I recall getting similar messages when I used a hash in JSON where the engine expected an array or vice versa.

14. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Little toy for the next patch

[​IMG]

Ah, I have an idea what might be happening there. I suspect I may've forgotten to define a default response for non-standard races somewhere and when it's seeing your unusual race it's getting confused. Thanks for pointing that out.

Yeah, I thought I fixed the velocity to be set; tier 4 must've slipped through the net.

The damage is still based on duration held, so you want to hold it down ~2 seconds for maximum damage

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  15. InADarkMirror

[​IMG]

Slight revision to the entrance of my dugout. Decided to turn it into a proper tent so I could have somewhere to put a robotics table.

16. Flarehawk

Flarehawk Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Personally, I'd rather see a full set of melee weapons before talking about guns, but I guess that's because I'm a sword-hound at heart and I really like the design of the Avali melee weapons. Also, I can't seem to find the Soldier's Cuirass, only the Cuisses and Helmet.

17. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

The soldier's and scout's chest piece look exactly the same, it would be redundant.

18. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Ketchup Robot

bloody hell ninja'd AGAIN! :mad: :p:laugh:

19. Raieth

Raieth Ketchup Robot

okay total thread derail incoming!!

We just got home from the vet. My dog had a c-section and there are now 7 crying puppies in my living room!!

20. Servine

Servine Phantasmal Quasar

No, this thread can't stand another derail. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GETTING INTO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.