Homestuck Clan Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Starstucks Clan, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exxion

Exxion King Homestuck V

Then why don't they? If people could defend themselves, it seems pretty likely that they would.

Seajun_, Roxie Stables and MCMo like this.
  2. Scienta

Scienta Pangalactic Porcupine

Yea, we kind of don't need this right now. I mean its a valid issue, but the thread has been in constant turmoil since yesterday, and with posts like this, we might never get out.

3. nightclaw

nightclaw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

They're higher than you think, but I'm not saying it's the exact same, just than it's not a nonissue

And since I sincerely could do nothing to stop an assault, sexual or otherwise, I don't worry about it, If it happens to me, it happens

glassdragon likes this.
  4. The Demon of Borders

The Demon of Borders King Homestuck 4.13

The guesstimate says that more men are raped than women.

Padexin and MCMo like this.
  5. Ravenous Space Rat

Ravenous Space Rat Cosmic Narwhal

This seems to be a bit of a tough topic to talk about in the homestuck clan thread.

6. nightclaw

I'm not saying that I don't worry because it's not a huge danger, but that I don't worry because there's nothing I as in me could do about it.
    Like, do you worry that the tides come in? Or that the moon gets a few inches further from earth every year? Or that any moment, a solar flare could happen and ruin the entire electrical grid of everywhere?

I'm really not trying to say I know it from a women's point of few, just that 1 dudes get raped too, and 2 what I personally think about the issue

glassdragon likes this.
  7. Bizarre Monkey

Bizarre Monkey Big Damn Hero

They are far more rare.

Saying you're defenseless as a girl is admittedly weak, but girls do not ever reach the strength men do, not naturally anyway. I personally am worried some guy is gonna mistake me for a girl and then we'll have an awkward moment when he looks to my nether region.

It's the main reason I'm holding onto my hideous mustache despite it getting pesky now, I look like a girl without it.

Also I have very little muscle and next to no experience in fights, I'm sure every girl I know could beat me up without a problem. My Grandma, Aunt, and even my Cousin who is shorter and thinner than me.

I'm so unfit and have such a terrible diet I'm going to have to do something about it once this move is over.

The majority of my meals:

Taffy Straps
    Iced Coffee
    Beef Jerky
    Fried Potato Gems

The only time I eat healthy is the rare occasion I pay to get a good meal at the Coffee Club.

8. Scienta

Yea, I'm just going to step out of this, and listen to music
    Do you have a Steam?

Padexin likes this.
  9. RedScarWolf

RedScarWolf Spaceman Spiff

Because they're cowards and that's all it really comes down to. No one can stop someone from thinking in a certain way, no one can keep someone from committing a crime, there's literally nothing anyone can do about this problem, so either be willing to defend yourself if you need to or let things play out, I'm quite tired of females playing the weak and helpless card when they are nothing of the sort.

10. Bizarre Monkey

Gotta make those feels last, though!

Also my friend did some awesome fan art of Fyori.
    [​IMG]
    This girl could also easily beat me up.

11. nightclaw

I mean if you preyed on because you as a person have tits, not because you as a person are a wimp, it's a bigger issue.

But see if your being held down by your hair by some dude, with a gun to your head, there is next to nothing you can do to make the situation better

12. Scienta

Yea this is pretty damned cold, but it is a solid solution to the dilemma. We just have to train every women in existence how to kill with their bare hands to make the issue and non-issue.

Roxie Stables, Tovlyn and Ikbenbeter like this.
  13. nightclaw

14. Scienta

except kill the guy before it gets there. apparently.

Padexin likes this.
  15. Ikbenbeter

Ikbenbeter Pangalactic Porcupine

says the guy who keeps posting about the trans-pacific trade agreement

16. Bizarre Monkey

It's not an easy thing to solve, which is saddening, the best hope is that Women evolve through evolution to be as strong as men in future generations, but that sort of upgrade can take thousands of years.

I wish there was something that could be done. But currently it's not a one-step easy-fix solution, or it would be solved by now.

Scienta likes this.
  17. Bizarre Monkey

Foiled.

Padexin and Scienta like this.
  18. Exxion

Exxion King Homestuck V

Guys
    I'm using macros for TwitchPlaysPokemon to perform controls with insane speed
    I honestly can't tell if it's working, though
    Too fast

19. Scienta

We just all need to be cyborgs with guns in our arms. You know, speed up the process. Transhumanism ho!!!!!!!!

Padexin and Aeridan like this.
  20. Exxion

Exxion King Homestuck V

I think I broke it
    I can't connect to the chat anymore

WoxandWarf likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.