Homestuck Clan Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Starstucks Clan, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scienta

Scienta Pangalactic Porcupine

Yea I'm not even going to deal with that vid. I just woke up, and would rather not be insanely mad.

The Demon of Borders likes this.
  2. Scienta

Its ok, Pyro felt the same way. I'm just glad they got over it.

I'm still not beyond a little pow wow, if only so I can get deep into your feels.

3. Tovlyn

Tovlyn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Aww man. Looks like we had a bit of a drama-session over the night eh? Read it all and no, I will not speak more of it. Kinda wish I was there to help though...

4. Scienta

Yeap. Don't worry about being there, doubt there was much any of us could do. Like I said, its all good now.

Tovlyn likes this.
  5. Exxion

Exxion King Homestuck V

You see that quote in your signature? Yeah, that's how we all feel.

Padexin, Seajun_, Aeridan and 4 others like this.
  6. glassdragon

glassdragon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Why can I not press the like button more than once this needs to fucking get out there people need to know about this people need to hear this shit
    I wish I had a YouTube account or a Tumblr so I could spread the video around or post about it or SOMETHING because fuck
    fuck
    people need to hear this
    and somebody needs to shut me up before I say something I really don't need to
    I wish we lived in the world where I can stay home with the electrician here while my dad goes to pick up my sister and NOT have to have a conversation with him about what to do if the electrician tries to do something to me
    and then feel scared the entire time he's there because not only am I wearing clothes that show a bit of cleavage and a lot of leg because they're the only clean clothes I've got, but his son's there too, and I know his son well enough to know that sexual assault is not something I would put past him

7. Scienta

Yea, kinda why I didn't want to deal. Mostly because I feel so damned helpless in this problem, what can you even do? Telling people not to do it won't help. We could really ramp up law in the area, and make it pretty damned onesided for offenders, but hell that could be abused, and argued against. It's even harder for me to collect my feelings on the subject, because of my predicament, I probably would never have to worry about it. My heart is out there though. Be safe.

8. nightclaw

nightclaw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I genuinely don't know why people think like this
    I mean, I live in a town that has more crank per capita than a literal ocean of literal meth, but I've never felt endangered anywhere I have walked ever. Given this is the south, 9/10 of those people own some kinda gun, or a knife, or something that isn't pleasant, but I don't care? I mean, pain is scary, but it's not like I could actually do something about it, so why worry?

9. MCMo

MCMo Treasure Box

Link that shit. You've got friends, family, people who you know and can pass it on to personally. Everyone can do something.

Padexin and glassdragon like this.
  10. Exxion

Exxion King Homestuck V

That's because you are male. And not being able to do anything about it is the problem.

Padexin, Seajun_, WoxandWarf and 3 others like this.
  11. Scienta

You see, your a guy, so this type of assault rarely applies to you. You may not have anything to take, but a woman always does.

12. The Demon of Borders

The Demon of Borders King Homestuck 4.13

"Don't care what you've been through, don't care what people think of you.
    There's always something you can do, and no one knows it better than you." - Michael G. Bowman

Padexin, MCMo and glassdragon like this.
  13. nightclaw

You think there aren't female sexual assaulters? That there aren't male people that would assault me because I'm a young white male? Or that there are even dudes who might sexually assault me, I know a few, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they found some of their DNA in some poor dead kids cornhole down by the river

glassdragon likes this.
  14. nightclaw

15. Scienta

The odds agaisnt you are considerably less. You can't possibly believe that you have the same chance to be assaulted in such a way, as a girl does. If you do, you might need to rethink your stance on the issue, because you just don't.

16. The Demon of Borders

The Demon of Borders King Homestuck 4.13

Just a reminder that the guesstimate number of male>male and female>male rapes is higher than the guesstimate number of male>female and female>female rapes.

17. nightclaw

Are you saying that the guess for rapes makes is higher than females or the other way around because the greater than signs are confusing me

18. Bizarre Monkey

Bizarre Monkey Big Damn Hero

why this
    why

19. RedScarWolf

RedScarWolf Spaceman Spiff

I'm pretty much in agreement with Nightclaw, every person on the planet is fully capable of defending themselves to outright slaughtering someone that would harm them.

20. Exxion

Exxion King Homestuck V

Yes, it could happen.
    But it isn't a constant worry, as evidenced by the fact that you don't worry.
    Thinking you know someone else's point of view is just kind of arrogant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.