1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community The Agaran Menace

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Razey, Jan 30, 2014.

?

The Agarans: Menace or Misunderstood?

1. Menace

414 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Misunderstood

333 vote(s)
    12.4%
  3. Mushrooms

623 vote(s)
    23.2%
  4. Malevolent, Menacing, Misunderstood Mushrooms

1,319 vote(s)
    49.1%
  1. demanrisu

demanrisu The Original Agaran Menace NPC

Habbahoom, fleshbag!

InsanityPixelated likes this.
  2. RenaldiForumStar

RenaldiForumStar Big Damn Hero

Fish. Your kind is my dinner tomorrow.

After i finish making inventing (SB doesn't have pizza yet) a pizza with mushrooms, of course...

SirKaldar likes this.
  3. Villhelm

Villhelm Phantasmal Quasar

bababababa, im eating you

McDoomington likes this.
  4. Radiated Ronin

Radiated Ronin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

"That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange fungus even death may die."

Even Lovecraft knew to keep away from these eldritch horrors. Do not be fooled by their harmless appearance! It has been theorized that these creatures use Florans as food and a means of reproduction! The worst part is that their victims seem to be willing sacrifices. Florans are warned to avoid all contact, unless they are tired of life.

Updated from Mostly Harmless to Slay On Sight.

5. The-Seven-Worlds

The-Seven-Worlds Zero Gravity Genie

I actually never thought that Agarans were harmful in any way till now... They just say "hi" or something, and the "emprisoned" florans seemed pretty chill to me.
    Except for the little pyramid of leaves on which you can find a floran torture device ontop, for like, the times you need a lot of water very quickly.

Also:
    I wouldn't eat a living thing that have potentially been eating people of your own species more than once in the past. That's straight indirect cannibalism. And don't forget disease this could carry on to you too. Careful there.

6. Villhelm

that's why their shredded, cleaned and studded with pepper ;)

7. RenaldiForumStar

RenaldiForumStar Big Damn Hero

Shredded Floran would not look like a chicken salad. In fact, it would be more like a meaty dinner with a leafy side. Although I don't know why you would want to completely kill and devour sentient plant-like aliens when fish is SO much tastier.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Your mother, grandfather, aunt, and quite a few of your distant relatives were delicious, BTW.

8. Villhelm

how to put this nicely.....why other races look down at you

1)cannibalism-pic 1-theres clearly a dish of floran there(''] In fact, it would be more like a meaty dinner with a leafy side'') (i don't blame you, they're delicious ;))

2)stupidity-pic 2-thats a prawn :facepalm:

3)savagery/disgust-pic 3-you hunt and eat penisesD:......

btw usually you would be right about the floran taste/texture, but with the invention of the floran delicacy, the universe gave us- [​IMG]

this allows you to easily slice your brittle floran into your salad bowl hygienically while maintaining nutrition and that 'raw' taste and texture everybody loves:D!
    (Your mother, grandfather, aunt, and quite a few of your distant relatives were delicious, BTW.;))

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
    Radiated Ronin likes this.
  9. Desolator

Desolator Pangalactic Porcupine

i say we wipe them all out! perform mass genocide! burn down their villages! destroy them all until there is nothing left of them except their ashes and burnt corpses (remains, i dunno since they are intelligent life would they be corpses or since they are plant matter would they be ashes?)

10. Nazja

Nazja Pangalactic Porcupine

Ashes aren't exclusive to plants nor are fungi plants. ;)

11. Desolator

Desolator Pangalactic Porcupine

meh...:sarcasm:

12. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Calm down, everybody. These arguments between Florans and Hylotls aren't going to help either of our races. The real threat here is the Aragans, who have shown hostility to both of our races. We should put aside our differences for the time being, figure out what to do about these Agarans. and stop talking about eating the other race.

Those are clearly tasty looking eels.

13. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

I myself have encountered a few of these creatures. They appear to be a peaceful bunch, until I saw they burning Florans alive, drowning them and locking them in cells. And them attacking the Hyotls isn't helping either. If its true that they release spores onto travelers, to transform them into more Aragans (it must be most effective on the Florans), then they are most certainly a threat to the greater universe. These things transformed almost overnight from peaceful farmers to spreading everywhere through their spores, spreading the infection, and killing Florans. Something bigger must be at play...

- Hawk Novablast, Supreme Commander of the USCM

14. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

The lore dictates that the races will not work together for the "greater good".

And I hope no concessions are made here.

15. Sirsir94

Sirsir94 Orbital Explorer

Saw these guys swimming in lava pits o_O But they seem to be peaceful.... Ofc im not a Floran...

16. ThunderBeta

ThunderBeta Big Damn Hero

Oh wow I just realized this:
    In their dialogue they confirm their means of reproduction, the tentacle monster that destroyed earth, their views of the Hylotl, and their true plans! If you just piece some Starbound history together, it provides a lot of info and actually confirms the Aragans as evil! I need to write a detailed report of this... It all makes sense!

SirKaldar and Hawk Novablast like this.
  17. Radiated Ronin

Radiated Ronin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay, the salad shooter pic was hilarious!

Though I thought that the use of a salad shooter against the Floran was considered a war crime?

I prefer my Floran with feta and a nice Greek dressing.

18. Spencer Wolf

Spencer Wolf Tentacle Wrangler

Your post was very cancerous to read. At least try to add a little grammar.

RenaldiForumStar likes this.
  19. Villhelm

But we where getting along so well!

RenaldiForumStar likes this.
  20. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Can we please stop the idiocy and figure out what to do about these Agarans?