1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED WIP: The Viera of Ivalice 0.3.2

The Viera of Ivalice have fled to the stars

1. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie Spaceman Spiff

AmazonValkyrie submitted a new mod:

WIP: The Viera Race of Ivalice - The Viera of Ivalice have taken to the stars!

Read more about this mod...

2. rooboodude

rooboodude Subatomic Cosmonaut

The prelimnary work and planning on this looks great! I can't wait to see the rest of your content come to fruition. =3

3. AmazonValkyrie

Thanks so much! I'm glad you're enjoying it ^_^ I hope to be adding more soon!

4. rooboodude

I have to say, the viera.treasurepools seems to cause a crash in my game, and the ships you applied are contesting with each other for shape versus block (floran background, avian block). I applied a copy of my human's ship and deleted the treasure file to get the character running, but I'm not exactly certain as to what's causing the incompatibility here..

5. AmazonValkyrie

Hmmm, I pulled the Floran ship straight from the original files and gave it to this race without having to alter anything. That's odd, I'll install it onto another computer and see if I can figure anything out, but it's been running smoothly on my PC. Do you have any other mods installed that affect the treasurepool files?

6. rooboodude

A number of other racial mods that all seem to work together without collision. the Grey, Kangaru, Novakid+, Felins, Elves, Argonians, and Avali. Additionally, the Starbound Crew mod, the Combat Rebalance, and the Higher Hunting Tiers mod.

7. Karmel

Karmel Void-Bound Voyager

this looks rather great~, I'll give it some test runs on your next build with other mods to see what bumps and brusies....also Dont suppose I could talk you into giving nu-mous and moogles a go :3? put them all in the same pack :p

AmazonValkyrie likes this.
  8. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

Yeah I'm getting the treasure pool error ((Duplicate _merge) from treasurepool viera

9. AmazonValkyrie

Alrighty, I'll figure out this treasure pool error today and hopefully be able to post a fix soon. So sorry for the issues!

10. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie updated WIP: The Viera Race of Ivalice with a new update entry:

Possible fix to duplicate "_merge" for treasurepool files

Read the rest of this update entry...

11. AmazonValkyrie

lol Perhaps when I'm finished with my work on this race (which is gonna take a while). But otherwise, it sounds fun ^_^

12. Karmel

I would look forward to it greatly~

13. AmazonValkyrie

So I feel I need to express my current plan for this mod. At present, I'm working at wrapping up the main part of my other mod by completing another set of gear. Once that set is completed I'll then be splitting myself between the two for a while. So, it will be a few days before I can launch a decent update of content for this mod, and I ask for your patience. If anyone wishes to respond, I'd like to ask what it is that you would like to see be added next to this mod from my list of content currently lacking? I'd really like to hear from you on this topic so that I can prioritize more and give you a bit more of what you want to see come next. I've been holding gear creation as a top priority for some time now, and I still think it's a must for my first focus, but I know that many of you (if not all) are fans of the Viera from Final Fantasy, and I really want you to see more of what you would like in this mod as well! In the future I plan to release some content updates at least once per week in each of my mods, perhaps more, provided that the real world allows me to do so lol. Anyhow, I look forward to hearing from you all, and I hope you all like and enjoy what has been created thus far! Thanks so much ^_^ More will come soon!

14. Karmel

Green mage stuff would be pretty cool~

15. AmazonValkyrie

You mean this green mage?

[​IMG]

16. rooboodude

Well, if you really want to do costumes, it'd be awesome to see some of the other jobs as outfits too, like Knight, Fencer, Archer, White Mage, etc.

On a side note, it seems the white mage's staff would look fairly canon if you were to give it a lightning element as an attack in this game. Or at least a black mage's.

I think I'd like to see some villager stuff pop up, mayhap even dungeons.

17. Karmel

18. AmazonValkyrie

19. AmazonValkyrie

Something....elemental, this way comes ;)

20. Iriquois Plissken

Iriquois Plissken Scruffy Nerf-Herder

FFXII was the first final fantasy game I had, and Fran was my favourite character of all. So your work on the vieras is awesome. From now on I will play as a viera forever. I expect great things from you. Keep up this tremendous work!