1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Starbound BETA: Bugs Database LU 8.29.14 (Not for nightly)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Alucard I, Dec 6, 2013.

?

Are *you* helping developers to fix all the bugs?

1. Of course! I'm the most helpful here! :)

69.7%
  2. Nah, I'm too busy playing this awesome game. :D

30.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denzanmaru

Denzanmaru Void-Bound Voyager

I found a dog kennel and thought it was the greatest thing ever, but it only works in single player. When I set it down in a multiplayer server it vanished. Made me sad. >:

2. Meanbeans

Meanbeans Star Wrangler

Not sure if it's just me, but I've noticed that playing in Single player is incredibly laggy as opposed to playing Multiplayer. As long as I'm playing Multiplayer, I have no issues, but when I go into single player, the maps can't keep up with my butterfly boost and it glitches horribly with half the planet missing until I'm right up on it.

Also, is this thread still being updated/looked at?

3. ty1353

ty1353 Master Chief

I'm not sure if any one has brought this up and I was just wondering if it's a bug or intended but all pick axes and drills can cut down trees and the vines that give you plant fiber

4. Pigmole

Pigmole Master Chief

That's not exactly a bug, in Minecraft you can technically use any tool for whatever. However, the pickaxe should have a reduced effectiveness for anything other than mining (can someone confirm this?)

As for drills, well, that doesn't make a lick of sense!

5. zwanglos

zwanglos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just had the bug where the player ship gets stuck in warp mode ... just had it twice, actually. Down 400 fuel and nothing to show for it, quit because I got frustrated.

The Lord Of Boxes likes this.
  6. Lanceler

Lanceler Void-Bound Voyager

Not really a bug, though i dont know where to post it
    The description for the Sweet Time food say that its an oculemon tart, yet the recipe doesnt include oculemon, but neon melon instead

7. Coldmetal

Coldmetal Orbital Explorer

I really hope this post gets a look at, since I didn't see an actual sub forum for posting bugs, just this thread but here goes.

I was playing last night when, unfortunately, my power went out. Power was immediately restored, however loading up Starbound my character was completely gone. I fully closed steam, reopened Starbound and my character was still gone. I went into the player folder and found all the files there right before the power outage and yet the game won't load my character. I made a new character just to test if the game was broken, or had trouble saving files, but low and behold the new character was found. So I deleted the character, backed up my old files in the player drive and did a fresh install on Starbound. I put the files back into the player folder and the character I had still wasn't there. I tried renaming the files to the ones on a new character, tried single player and multi-player, and even tried running the diagnostics tool.... My character is gone. Shame I lost him after putting a ton of hours into him, but it is what is it. I just don't want this issue to happen to anyone else as it's a real bummer.

TL;DR Power outage shut off my computer without me being able to save the game and loading the game back up my character was deleted. Major bug if anything, the game needs to be able to recover from such "acts of god"

8. Superjudgemax

Superjudgemax Space Hobo

I ran into a bit of a bug just a little bit ago, I was trying to travel to a magma world and it wouldn't drop out of warp. it just made the noise like it was dropping out and then it just kept going. I had to log out of the game and back into it. When I got back into the game it still consumed the fuel but left me at the planet I had just left. I figured it was just a random glitch so I tried again same thing, then tried to go to a volcanic world and the same thing happened there as well. So far its just been those 2 biomes that this problem has happened to. I'm hoping that its an easy fix.

9. gardeford

gardeford Tentacle Wrangler

Sometimes when you teleport down into asteroid fields you teleport straight to the bottom and die, if this isn't a bug it seems kind of silly.

10. Mattholomew

Mattholomew Space Hobo

Quick correction on one of the bugs: Actually, I've found that, if you spend a *stupid* amount of time drilling on the bunny statues, they will eventually break, so it's probably just that there's way too much HP :p
    Also, not sure if this was intentional or a glitch, but, if you spend your time clearing a path through the magma at the center of the planets and touch the area just past it, you'll instantly explode DX

11. Guitar Dan

Guitar Dan Intergalactic Tourist

Game Crashes when screensaver activates in Windows 7

12. Dejavuproned

Dejavuproned Space Spelunker

I looked through the lists and didn't see these following:

-player caught creatures are left behind when the player dies or teleports off world. To retrieve them the player would have to return to the point on the planet where they left. Sometimes the monsters will vanish entirely.

- player spawned guards sometimes don't aggro on hostile monsters. Particularly when inside the players house or base. For example if the player leaves the door open and goes off world, they may find hostile monsters inside the house with a guard standing nearby.

- also player spawned guards don't always show appropriate dialog, seemingly using default npc dialog for that race as opposed to refering to the player as the owner of the property they are guarding.

- dps stats on weapons (ranged in particular) don't seem to match up with the other stats when compared to other weapons of the same type. For example: pulse rifle A (dps 16, rof 15, dmg per shot 1 energy use 3) compared to pulse rifle B ( dps 8, rof 19, dmg per shot 1, energy use 2). In this example pulse rifle B is superior in almost every statistic but the overall dps is half of A. It is unclear whether the real world damage reflects the stats or the stats are displayed inaccurately.

13. budzbunny

budzbunny Space Hobo

I am using Windows 8.1 and when I start to play cursor jumps around and freezes and has a mind of its own...I have no control over it...

14. GhostdancerNRW

GhostdancerNRW Aquatic Astronaut

Monsters killed with normal weapons on level 2 and higher planets don't have the small chance to drop raw alien meat and leather, but will drop cell materia and hardened monster plates instead. No idea if it is a design decision or an oversight in the "basicmonstertreasureX.treasurepools" files. Killing them with a hunting knife or bow still generates meat and leather, but takes forever on higher levels.

15. Rob171X

Rob171X Aquatic Astronaut

I can't travel to magma or volcano planets of any level in X sector. It starts the jump and eventually makes the sound like it stops but the animation remains the jump animation. Haven't found any other planets of other biomes that cause this issue.

16. TheNinjaM

TheNinjaM Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I also cannot travel to volcanic/magma planets in Sector X, sound animation for warping stops but then resumes the "in-progress warping" sound soon after and never actually stops warping. When I reload into the save, I'm back on the previous planet but I still lost fuel even though I never actually went anywhere.

17. icekatze

icekatze Void-Bound Voyager

hi hi

I spawned a single guard for my town. After a few days, lots of building houses and stuff, I returned to find that my guard had mysteriously copied himself. Weird...

18. screaminediot

screaminediot Starship Captain

[​IMG]
    same here except mine doesnt work in the sector before X and its exactly like you described, this needs some attention

19. Paul Moore

Paul Moore Intergalactic Tourist

Not sure if this is a bug or deliberate (but if it's deliberate it's pretty annoying) but when I save and quit, then restart, I always restart on the ship. This makes it impossible to pause in the middle of a long exploration session. On the other hand it offers a quick "return to base" when you're miles underground...

Also, there's no "pause" feature. It would be nice to be able to pause the game, maybe by opening up the main menu like many games do. Here, time still passes while the menu is open.

20. LazerusKI

LazerusKI Phantasmal Quasar

Can someone confirm this?
    I upgraded my Glitch to the Durasteel Tech (the Black Knight Armor), but i had no access to the regular armor (think it was Platinum).
    A friend who played avian could build both of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.