Homestuck Clan Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Starstucks Clan, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elusiveTranscendent

elusiveTranscendent Pangalactic Porcupine

Guys, is anyone here artistic? I need help drawing heads from different angles. Perspective is haaaaaaaaaaaaaard.

Padexin likes this.
  2. F-ranko

F-ranko Heliosphere

[​IMG]
    @Roxie Stables can art, as well as @ToTeMVG

WoxandWarf, RedScarWolf and Padexin like this.
  3. Ikbenbeter

Ikbenbeter Pangalactic Porcupine

frankly i find the gay hopes to overcome disappointment of 2008 funnier.

that's when he did your mom

RedScarWolf and Padexin like this.
  4. Relinies

Relinies King Homestuck III

@icefire82G

Padexin likes this.
  5. Padexin

Padexin Big Damn Hero

So I'm reading some Twitter thingies on the Bill Nye/Ken Ham debate thing, and dear sweet heaven on high
    "What about the pyramids? We cant explain the knowledge used to build them either."
    [STUPIDITY INTENSIFIES]

WoxandWarf, RedScarWolf and Relinies like this.
  6. Relinies

7. Relinies

>pyramids all over world
    >"WELL CLEARLY IT'S A CONSPIRACY"
    The idea behind it is the same as why you place your building blocks the way you do, assuming you're trying to make them stand.
    Pyramids just happen to be the best way to keep rocks in order and not have them fall down.

EDIT:
    And man, that debate was some bullshit. Nye kept arguing the wrong things, Ham kept saying "you weren't there, you don't know" but citing a book with an unclear history and source as his knowledge and calling that evidence.
    Both had a handful of good points, but if you ask me, neither side really won the debate, or even gained ground.

Seajun_, WoxandWarf, Exxion and 4 others like this.
  8. Aeridan

Aeridan Pangalactic Porcupine

One thing you can do that may help is take a picture of yourself looking at an angle, and then use that picture and the way your head is facing as a reference when drawing.
    There are also a lot of tutorials and other references throughout the internet. Google is very helpful with finding all kinds of helpful stuff when it comes to art.
    And above all keep practicing. Just because you use a tutorial or a reference photo doesn't mean you're going to be a master at angles after only a few drawings.

9. Ikbenbeter

i tried to avoid anything on it that wasn't on my reddit or tumblr wall. it just makes me facepalm.
    http://www.truthism.com tells us the only truth we'll need.
    how can they have a real debate when one has tons of research backing him up and the other one book written in the time people believed the earth was round. sure, if it was an ethical/philosophical debate you could make a case for what the bible says but it's about true sciences of facts and it just doesn't work that way.

10. Padexin

Padexin Big Damn Hero

Basically, it's this kind of ignorance that makes "the stereotypical Christian." Stereotypes can be there for a reason, and I know I'm not exactly talking to the right crowd here, but honestly, if we want to convince more people to convert, we need to get some education
    Not to say this Ken Ham guy is stupid. Just misguided.
    That truthism thing still makes me laugh. How high do you have to be to even DO something like that?

11. RedScarWolf

RedScarWolf Spaceman Spiff

My favorite argument is the "The Bible invented science! The Bible has every scientific discovery that has ever and will ever be found!!" Cause Jesus totally invented the internet :V

Padexin likes this.
  12. Relinies

Wait, when was that said?
    Has somebody made a transcript of the debate? That would be perfect.

13. Aeridan

Aeridan Pangalactic Porcupine

[​IMG]
    I'm so sorry.

14. Padexin

Padexin Big Damn Hero

Just gonna throw this out there, just in case you don't know: before you start insulting the entire religion of Christianity, several people on the thread, including myself, are Christians
    EDIT: That is, if that's the direction you were heading. If not, ignore this post

RedScarWolf likes this.
  15. Ikbenbeter

what do you mean high it has nothing to do with being high.
    it only has to do with knowing the truest truth.
    tell me, why does everyone have a nose, hmm?
    that can only be intelligent design. design, by an alien.
    obviously.

16. RedScarWolf

RedScarWolf Spaceman Spiff

I've seen it in the comments of the local news channels and I was told that in person, along with things like "Every law that America has come from the Bible!" and "Chernobyl was the Devils work!"
    Nop, you're wrong, just repeating what some people have told me mostly in person, mainly from Baptists :V

Padexin likes this.
  17. Scienta

Scienta Pangalactic Porcupine

I want to found my own religion in reverence of the sun.

I could also go the Buddhist monk route.

18. Padexin

Padexin Big Damn Hero

I've just had a breakthrough guys
    And then, when we have the technology, we build a time machine, and we create those aliens!
    1.) Wow. Have they even read the Bible?
    2.) Baptists: My own personal Dinkleburg

19. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

FUCK THE FEAR TURKEY

RedScarWolf likes this.
  20. Scienta

Scienta Pangalactic Porcupine

I would also be into the Eldar Harlequin's religion. They worship a cosmic clown god who is only in it for the lulz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.