1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Dead Squirrel's Firefly 1.0 Enraged Koala

Firefly/Serenity playership - "You paid money for this, sir? On purpose?"

1. Dead Squirrel

Dead Squirrel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ok. I think I see where this is going wrong.

The compatibility patch does not help players who do not have the mod. They need to install either the ship-mod or the compatibility-patch. The compatibility patch is only so that players who don't want to fly the ship, can have the assets required to play on a server which has the ship installed.

In other words:
    If you have this mod installed, all other players/servers you connect to must also have the mod or your ship will break.
    If you do not have this mod, you cannot visit anyone else's Firefly ship, or the game will break.

When Chuckflish set servers to push .paks to players, this will become less of an issue. In general, any mods you install should also be installed on every-other player/server you're playing with.

As far as I can tell, the compatibility patch and ship mod work as intended. I've set up a server with both and connected using a Firefly-ship-character without any trouble.

2. smypm

smypm Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, when i play on multiplayer, if i open or close the doors, i cant reopen or re close them, and if i then beem down on a planet and back upp i get stuck on a black screen and need to restart my game

3. Dead Squirrel

Does the server have the Firefly ship installed too? If not, you cannot use the ship on that server.

4. pattymelts

pattymelts Tentacle Wrangler

Will the ship work properly if only one person has the mod itself, with the server and all the other players having the compatibility patch?

5. Dead Squirrel

Yes, that's specifically what the patch is for.

As long as everyone has some version of the mod (Regular or Compatibility) it will work just fine.

6. pattymelts

Okay, I think there had been some confusion with the wording. So if they visit my ship, it won't be a problem. Or will it? I'm still a little unclear on that, and rereading your statements repeatedly I think has made me overanalyze things.

7. Dead Squirrel

As long as they have some version of my Firefly installed, they can visit your ship without any trouble. Either the regular mod, or the compatibility mod works. (If you somehow install both, that's fine too)

8. Gingold

Gingold Poptop Tamer

Looks great, but I can't get it to work;

I downloaded the latest version, extracted it into the mods folder, updated the bootstrap accordingly,
    made a new human...but nothing, just the default human ship...

I even went back and deleted the shipworlds in the player folder and tried again, but to no avail.

Am I doing something wrong, and/or missing a step?

9. Naga-Boss

Naga-Boss Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've an odd bug, everything on the ship works fine, even after beaming down and back, but when I try FTL it stays in that animation, I cannot beam down durring this and save/quitting returns me to the original planet. Was on a new Human char' too. Anyone know what im doing wrong?

10. pattymelts

It might not be a problem with the mod. Were you FTL-ing to a volcanic or magma planet? There's a bug in the vanilla game that makes you unable to arrive at planets with those biomes.

Dead Squirrel likes this.
  11. Dead Squirrel

What do you mean, "updated the bootstrap"?

Most likely when extracting you got an extra folder. Make sure the file structure goes: mods/Dead Squirrel's Firefly/Dead Squirrel's Firefly.modinfo

^^ What pattymelts said. This shouldn't be caused by a ship mod, something else is going on.

Gingold and pattymelts like this.
  12. Naga-Boss

Naga-Boss Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yup, that seems to be it, was able to goto Arid, Desert, Forrest, Snow, Moon and A'Belt.
    Damn shame about the Mag/Volc planets though:(, but anyway, thanks for the assist guys :D

13. Gingold

Gingold Poptop Tamer

The Boostrap in the OS folder (in my case the win32 folder), so the game knew to open up your files in the mod folder

But yeah, in the end it was just a simple problem with the file structure itself; thanks for the help!

14. pattymelts

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing that bug fixed. I want a lava house dammit

Naga-Boss likes this.
  15. Wydraz

Wydraz Void-Bound Voyager

AI love this mod, and the ability to personalize the ship. Just to show my appreciation, I thought I would show you MY firefly. Thanks Dead Squirrel!

[​IMG]
    And thanks to the Big Box of Loot mod, it was great to see Kaylee sleeping in the engine room, and Wash tell me what it's like to be with a warrior woman and then run off with Zoe. And Mal at the pilot's seat every time I want to go to a new planet.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
    Naga-Boss, Dead Squirrel and Gingold like this.
  16. Dead Squirrel

:D

Thanks! It's so good to see the ship in action! I particularly like that avian artwork in the dining room.

17. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

Dead, this is Tull from Steam. Kind of flubbed and anyways different account on here. I think I slightly better understand how to do what I need to for the conversion I wanted to though I think its more going to be a long the lines of preserving what you have done but pulling it closer to starbound notions. I think I have a background and Fore ground asset for the engine for instance (Logisitcs frigate has a really nice piece I spotted that will suit the firefly nicely, and then Unwrecked props may have made an interesting discovery by making clean parts, meaning there's a clean "wrecked engined" which should look right. Just want yer permission to make a full background tweak. (it'd be removing the invisible blocks notion and just using regular background walls in designated areas, which I would decide internals before hand just so I know how I want the finished interior to look.

IF you are online at some point would you mind popping onto steam? I am trying to figure starstructor out.

Edit: mkay getting off my lazy tush to start this project. It will take a bit but I will credit both you and Beeftime. when it is done. I may alter her exterior too. And now I have several ideas for alternates to boot X3

Reaver Ship version (may need help it will require editing of several assets to look stripped or torn from damage, may add background details to very much give the frightful presence it would deserve, any assets developed for that would probably get duplicated into the Huntress Class Reaver Frigate I want to work on.)
    Bioship Version (Ssmart Floran Like Firefly so much He grow hisself a new one!) Ssstan may have one notion of what this should look like I have my own.
    Traditional Floran Conversion (probably of the Federation or Commercial version)
    Fedeation Version
    Commercial Version

@Dead Squirrel The first thing I need help with so if I just delete the invisible background tiles the mod will flip out.

So where do I look to alter the coding so that it uses normal game tiles? with the dropship.png is there a way to alter and make the lower section of the bridge solid/non passable.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  18. thebackpacker1

thebackpacker1 Master Chief

A fix if you are having trouble with crashing after the Enraged update, this came from another source... "Go into the mods folder and the mod_xsmech folder and edit the modinfo file. Just change Furious to Enraged then save it. Problem solved."

19. Dead Squirrel

Dead Squirrel updated Dead Squirrel's Firefly with a new update entry:

1.0 Enraged Koala

Read the rest of this update entry...

20. lxArchAngelxl

lxArchAngelxl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am having this exact issue. Could you share your fix?