1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Starfoundry v1.3.2

Automation megamod including energy, pipes, magnets, data transmission and more!

1. mala

mala Void-Bound Voyager

yesterday while messing around with the mod i've come up with an idea i'd like to share with you...

You gave us combustion power, solar and geothermal, how about.... Nuclear power?

i imagine a very complex and powerful system, able to produce huge amount of energy from radioactive ores.
    The idea is not about getting the resources, but about management...
    The entire system has to be constantly liquid cooled, and will consume a small amount of water over time as it evaporates from heating.
    You may choose how much energy you want to produce, the more you ask, the more you will need to be careful.

Letting the core overheat will result in a nuclear meltdown, a core explosion will erase every life form in a very wide radius, spilling acid pools all over the place, removing floras, and generating a huge crater in the middle of your planet. Also a sort of Area of effect debuff that lingers on the planet would be nice. It will be known as the "Mad Max Biome" :D

Starfoundry likes this.
  2. Starfoundry

Starfoundry Space Penguin Leader

This is basically what we have planned for the higher tiers of energy production, although you've got some good ideas that we'll probably incorporate! Generators will require progressively more elaborate setup as they become more powerful, and some (such as nuclear fission reactors) will have serious consequences if not managed correctly. We're working out ways to introduce players more gradually to complex content, letting them work up to the really hard stuff, but rest assured that we will be including a lot of highly configurable and challenging devices in the high tiers.

FormalRiceFarmr and mala like this.
  3. mala

mala Void-Bound Voyager

YES

sir... you've made my day... again :D

4. Starfoundry

We just tested these objects for both humans and custom races and they seemed to be working properly. It's possible (but unlikely) that there's a compatibility issue. Which other mods are you running? Can you give any more details about the setup that's causing this?

5. jammie mann

jammie mann Void-Bound Voyager

the Item Hopper wont take items, i throw what ever onto them and it just sits there then bounces away from it. any ideas on what i have done wrong? im putting together a water ppe system, all the pipes are connected up and powered, switches linked to the correct things so i dont have to keep running from A to B to use everything. hope some one knows what i have done wrong its a tad annoying.

6. Starfoundry

The hopper will 'spit out' items like that when it can't find a valid destination for them. Note that the hopper itself doesn't store items, so there needs to be a device connected to receive them before you throw them in. Could you post a screenshot of your pipe setup?

7. FormalRiceFarmr

FormalRiceFarmr Big Damn Hero

When I get free time this evening I'll set up some examples of pipe systems using as many of your objects as I can to provide screenshots of builds that work, so you don't end up with a ton of people with the same problems (like using a water pump on items)

8. jammie mann

can do just give me a moment to get back to planet and through my doors. cheers

9. jammie mann

hopefully you can see everything on that. sorry i was slow, boss to kill.........got junk n all......yay. edit sorry the power nodes i have moved from next to the item storage to the water tower, took the picture just as i was doing that,

Pipes.jpg

10. Starfoundry

I believe the only problem is that the hopper has to be connected from the bottom, otherwise your setup looks good (minus some relays for energy transmission). I've added some more explanation about the pipe mechanics on the resource page; hopefully this helps clear up some of the confusion!

-metadept

FormalRiceFarmr likes this.
  11. jammie mann

ahhh k ill try that way, i tried it like that earlier but i probly duffed it some how. cheers bud

12. jammie mann

it was the hopper not being connected, ithanks for clearing that up for me, i can start proper building now, and finish my stupidly annoying door maze i started but got annoyed at lol

13. Nukyy

Nukyy Big Damn Hero

I ended testing with 2 combustion generators and 1 jumping pad between them or a levitation pad, or the fan. I put coal into the generators, turn them on I see the energy flowing to the pad, go into the pad activate it only with the E and nothhing happens.

also im crafting everything from the tabula rasa could that be the problem?

Im using a lot of mods: Novakid+, starbooze, your own crew, old space station, okea kiosk, argonian race, starliner collection, survival backpakcs, balanced tech crafting, seed extractor, liquid extractor, craftable trhrowed weapons, extended songbook, colonies,
    stimlab, tier eleven, stasis pod, star wars gear in starbound and transmutation ores and bars.

14. Myst1358

Myst1358 Void-Bound Voyager

Will it be made so that the quarry requires power to operate and send the items through a pipe instead of needing to stop it to get the items? Anyways this mod is amazing, great job.

15. FormalRiceFarmr

That is already the case. Maybe your setup is flawed?

16. FormalRiceFarmr

Here is a simple pipe system to use as an example if you're new to starfoundry
    [​IMG]

PSS and Starfoundry like this.
  17. Starfoundry

Awesome! Do you mind if we put some of your .GIFs on the mod description page?

18. FormalRiceFarmr

fine by me!

19. Starfoundry

Thanks, can't wait to see more of your creations!

20. whathe

whathe Space Hobo

how deep can u mine with quarry ?