1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Starfoundry v1.3.2

Automation megamod including energy, pipes, magnets, data transmission and more!

1. pbxellos

pbxellos Big Damn Hero

tks i didnt know wich button did the toss item and the is no key binding so finding it is :mad:

ill give it a try later but i do have the solar pannel working so i do have a way to charge batterys and i am working on making my own pool.

2. Starfoundry

Starfoundry Space Penguin Leader

As others have said, you need to throw the coal down (by pressing Q while holding it) onto the generator itself, and the generator will then convert that coal into fuel and return any unused coal. It's also worth noting that when you throw the coal at the generator, you can't be standing too close, or your character will pick the item up again before the generator has a chance to. We're aware that this is not a great solution, and we will be converting this object and many others to use proper inventories when that functionality is available in the base game (hopefully soon!).

3. Ziefel

Ziefel Aquatic Astronaut

ok, maybe im just retarded, which is entirely plausible. hopefully someone can tell me what I jacked up and how to unF*** myself. all my stuff has los, heres a pic hopefully you can identify what I did wrong. btw, I got rid of the hatch

Attached Files:

4. Starfoundry

I believe the problem is the pump between the liquid extractor and the liquid tank. Because the extractor outputs liquids automatically and doesn't store them, there isn't any liquid for the pump to move. Try removing it and connecting the pipes directly.

5. Ziefel

Ziefel Aquatic Astronaut

yup, that did it, thanks !

6. FormalRiceFarmr

FormalRiceFarmr Big Damn Hero

Will you eventually document things like this on the mod page? I noticed I energy will sometimes flow through glass, but sometimes not.
    Maybe these details are already documented somewhere and I missed it?

7. Ziefel

Ziefel Aquatic Astronaut

I eventually wanna run a pump to the center of the planet and pump all the lava out, like a doomsday device :sneaky:

8. FormalRiceFarmr

That's infinite lava, you can't remove it with just a pump, but you can have an ever abundant source of lava. Also, You may not be able to pump it all the way to the surface unless you follow it up tank-by-tank because starbound unloads tiles that are far away

9. Ziefel

Ziefel Aquatic Astronaut

i'll make it work!
    im an combat engineer, adapt, over come, or blow it up!

FormalRiceFarmr likes this.
  10. Starfoundry

Yes, I realize we're a bit slow on the documentation, sorry! There's a lot to do, but it's among our top priorities at the moment so it should be improving a lot over the next week or two. We definitely appreciate your help in answering questions in the thread, and if you ever want to get involved in the project (since it seems like you're making some cool stuff!) just find us here or on IRC.

11. Starfoundry

Glad that worked, and sorry for the confusion!

12. FormalRiceFarmr

I'm in no hurry and don't mind experimenting, so I'll try to answer questions if I can until you guys get some documentation up. If I think of anything to add to the mod I'll certainly let you guys know. Once I figure out how to generate dungeons with complex wires, I'll try to make structures generate with fully functional starfoundry equipment and let you guys know the results

13. Ziefel

Ziefel Aquatic Astronaut

You may have answered this, but can I use the home electric defence power generators to power the stuff in your mod as well, mainly cause im lazy and don't wanna throw coal into the gen ;)

14. LordLicorice

LordLicorice Big Damn Hero

Is there a separate mod or a feature of Starfoundry that keeps chunks loaded? In EHD, my friend constructed an entire system for drawing lava to the surface, only to realize it wouldn't work due to the exact issue you mention.

15. FormalRiceFarmr

You can set up an item dispenser to drop fuel onto the generator, then catch what's left over. If you set it to a timer it will repeatedly run. Also, use batteries!

16. FormalRiceFarmr

Not that I know of, but hopefully someone will come up with a way to perhaps place beacons that keep the surrounding area loaded... though that could be abused and easily put strain on a server and lower performance

17. pbxellos

pbxellos Big Damn Hero

on the thought of the dooms day device what about making a large lava bomb that when opens tons of lava pours out.

18. Starfoundry

We have integrated a version of EHD's solar panels, but our energy systems are completely separate, so devices in each mod will require the appropriate type of generator to function. Currently the solar panel and the combustion generator are the only power generating options, but there will be at least one more option in the next version, and several others planned. We're also planning to improve usability (so you won't have to actually throw coal at it any more).

This is something we've talked to the devs about, so they're aware of the issue. Not sure what's going to be done about it since chunk loaders are dangerous from a performance standpoint, but there are a lot of cases where a chunk needs to stay loaded, or delay unloading until it finishes certain actions. We'll see!

LordLicorice and FormalRiceFarmr like this.
  19. Nukyy

Nukyy Big Damn Hero

So the levitation pad does work on custom races?
    Ive tried on a normal human and jump pad and levitation pad wont work, i hear the sound and see the animation but nothing happens, maybe is an incompatibility with another mod? IDK...

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  20. LordLicorice

LordLicorice Big Damn Hero

With similar mods in Minecraft, chunk loaders are usually only placeable by moderator or administrator members of a server. If/when Starbound adds admins (or, ideally, a granular permission system), that should cover chunk loaders, but I agree that they're dangerous when used improperly. I would suggest making chunk loaders a separate, optional add-on to Starfoundry if Chucklefish adds support, allowing server admins to leave it out entirely if they don't need or want it.