Complete Official MadTulip`s Spaceship Mod Contest (Win Starbound and Terraria Steam key)

Discussion in 'Community Contests/Giveaways' started by TooManySecrets, Jan 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lethargus

Lethargus Orbital Explorer

I don't understand how people make ships as big as they do. Took me forever to get the mats for mine and it's not even done yet. Modeled after Next Generation...

[​IMG]

Any ideas on how I can get the front of the nacelles red? I was thinking lava but have no idea how to move lava. Also, I seem to have underestimated the height needed for trees...
    Still need to finish the engine room and that nacelle and then add more decorations.

BBOYS55 and Asatrix like this.
  2. Xentor Antarix

Xentor Antarix Ketchup Robot

Hmm My first ship (in the Modscreenshots seeable (the Ygdralil (the green floarn designed one) I builded with harvested stuff, took me 3 weeks.
    Than came the Wipe (2 days after complete).
    Made me pissed so I used the cheatmod this time to get my ship back *gg*

3. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Ketchup Robot

2/3rds of the materials I used to build my ship was legitimately mined/gathered. Near the end of building the ship I ran out and said screw it I ain't going mining for more materials so I used the cheatmod lol

4. dieheart

dieheart Void-Bound Voyager

Edit [​IMG] [​IMG]
    There That should fix my broken pictures hopefully. /Edit

Two pictures to show off a bit of my new ship. Not happy with the bottom solar panels but to tired to fix it now.
    Also I used several extra mods, as some people might note in my pictures. Therefore I don't qualify for this contest.
    But I wanted to post this anyways i like how the inside of my ship came out...

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  5. Xentor Antarix

Xentor Antarix Ketchup Robot

Hmm, the Picture links ar ebroken.
    I suggest you: https://imageshack.com
    as host, more stable.

6. TooManySecrets

TooManySecrets Sandwich Man

If you can post bigger pictures as we cant se anything in these. link a full sized image here and it will be automatically shrunk down so it fits the forums but you can still look at the full size img.

7. Asatrix

Asatrix Guest

I'll try to use the normal view and get as many shots as possible after lunch.

8. Teh Medic

Teh Medic Poptop Tamer

TooManySecrets likes this.
  9. The Alien Way

The Alien Way Existential Complex

THESE SHIPS ARE TOO FANCY. I like filling mine with dirty toilets and grubby prison mattresses.. :>

RyuujinZERO likes this.
  10. TooManySecrets

TooManySecrets Sandwich Man

Haha love the toilet in space
    Haha love the toilet in space

11. BBOYS55

BBOYS55 Aquatic Astronaut

upload_2014-2-4_16-57-34.png

Here's my submission. Hope you guys like it. By the way, sorry about the image. I kind of mashed a bunch together.

Creedless likes this.
  12. Requiemfang

Not that I need either steam key but I might as well post my ship just to get people inspired to do some ships. If some of the decorations disqualify the image then that's fine but I thought I should just post it :p

[​IMG]

13. Requiemfang

I usually use regular glass to fill in the gaps you see. the
    xx
    -xx
    --xx
    method I use the glass tileset to do the foreground and the background but I always leave the background so there is a gap or overrun of the texture. If you don't have the area lit up you notice the outline of the texture of the tileset glass. Instead of the first x's you see, the ones closest to the dashes I leave those out of the background. Once the tile-setter is used you go into those blank spaces where you see the gaps and fill it in with something else for the background. In the case of windows I used regular vanilla glass. For other spots like inside the ship where you might have a gap between a triangulated section of the hull connecting with the glass tileset I put in some other tile for background.

I hope you understood this, sometimes my explanations can be wordy and I can confuse myself with what I type :lolwut:

14. Asatrix

Asatrix Guest

Very nicely done. Reminds me a lot of this but a bit bulkier

1nfinitezer0 likes this.
  15. supersteve8829

supersteve8829 Space Hobo

i like your ship it looks a bit more stylish and hi-tech and i know what robotech is for sure, i loved that show

16. Asatrix

Asatrix Guest

Okay its not working at all.... I may scratch having a forward viewport on the bridge and use monitors star trek style it means my ship windows will be limited but its supposed to be an airship. Monitors for sure.

17. dieheart

dieheart Void-Bound Voyager

Ok lets try again...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Baleur and LilyV3 like this.
  18. Requiemfang

Here's a step by step tutorial ;) this is just a simple example.
    Moved to the main mod thread to prevent non-contest related clutter clogging up and bogging down this thread ;)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  19. Darkchyldeone

Darkchyldeone Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't know.. Maybe its just me, but it seems more a Remodel of the Pre-made ship vs Inspiration..

20. samhain

samhain Aquatic Astronaut

Ok, here is my submission. It still needs some work, like the upper and lower turrets and drop ship bay. I really need some horizontal hatches. Out looking for the human mech tech so I can add a loader into the bay. And yes I know... two fuel meters and other stations. I had to reset my shipworld file for the version change.

[​IMG]

Update... so the mech tech can't be left unattended. Now I'm going to have to design a loader mech along wiith a dropship, and maybe an alien lurking about.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    Baleur, dieheart and Creedless like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.