1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED S3r1ous Mods 125

Compatible with the latest version. Easy to use. Stable. Periodic Updates.

1. ThaOneDon

ThaOneDon Parsec Taste Tester

Well for me its more like bugfix than a feature.

RAR or 7z have better compression ratios.

2. Wingless

Wingless Scruffy Nerf-Herder

3. ThaOneDon

Variety is the spice of the universe is already included.
    Music packs are highly questionable, i cant guarantee that everyone like them so, id rather keep those out.
    Having a crew makes the game less of lone adventure and more like team-based game, i dont want to deviate much from original experience. I'm trying to stick to original as much as i can. It all has to balance itself out.

Okea Kiosk cant be included in the official pack on this page. "Some players are experiencing compatibility issues with Okea and Ammo Overhail running together, even when running mod manager. If you unsure, then perhaps backing up your character save or not using my mod at all would be a good idea untill issue is resolved." - dammit, i cant fix those issues, there seems to be no compatibility patch.
    Compact Crops sounds like a cheating mod to me. It makes harvesting too easy probably.
    Spawning Box and the Weapons & Armor Box spawn all the items in the game, that breaks balance completely if you get it too early.
    Thanks a lot! Sorry dude, all these are problematic. Its probably why i glanced over them when checking out mods.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  4. Wingless

no problem,i add most of them individually anyway but i think no battle music is something to consider for it can get annoying for a lot of people.

5. ThaOneDon

I am not the one to tell people what theyre taste is. Its up to them. It cuts out big part of the music... developers intended this to be in the game. I cant just remove it with a mod.

6. Wingless

your right,apologies for my arrogant behavior... :)

7. ThaOneDon

ThaOneDon updated S3r1ous Mod Pack with a new update entry:

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans

Read the rest of this update entry...

8. ThaOneDon

9. Wingless

10. ThaOneDon

All these plants, sure, but ore farming.... thats pretty crazy. Its technically impossible lol, i am gonna hold adding this mod back for awhile. Needs much testing to see if it breaks any balance. It seems pointless since mining it is way faster... ill test it out still.

11. Wingless

starbound isn't the most realistic game either... :)

12. ThaOneDon

13. sunnydan

sunnydan Intergalactic Tourist

Quick question, does this modpack work on multiplayer?

14. 188man

188man Void-Bound Voyager

hello, starbound CTD when i use the starmap MK3 upgrade, i'm using "S3r1ous Pack v6 for Furious Koala Illuminated Edition with Better Merchants 0.06"
    and it seems this is the only problem so far i've encountered, here is the log: http://pastebin.com/TzFNPPaM

I've also tried a new game with the creative mod on so i could test the same situation, and again the Starmap MK3 upgrade crashes the game but oddly the MK4 upgrade does not.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  15. ThaOneDon

This seems to be related Starscape, ill build it back up from original assets and include uncompressed version of files. It has something to do with Starscape and Varietys incompatibility i bet. Thats why i included the Compatibility Patch in the first place. If that doesnt fix it, its hard but i might have to exclude Starscape in the future... since variety is way bigger and well.... more varied mod.

16. ThaOneDon

Depends, needs more testing to be sure. I will be conducting them soon with my friends.

17. lordician

lordician Void-Bound Voyager

My friend and i recently started using this pack and we look forward to the point where we can use all these things because we started a new game for this.
    However, when playing we noticed on the very first planet we started to explore that after a while the server became very laggy sort of (even for the host), which made everyone and everything move like there was a huge amount of lag involved.
    We had to turn off the server and we deleted some mods which we didn't like or we knew they could impact the performance.
    When we turned it back on everything was okay again and we haven't had the problem ever since.

We didn't farm yet or use any complicated stuff like wires, we were just exploring the planet.
    We removed the persistent farming mod after that (since i heard that could impact the performance a bit) and lessfloaty movement (just because we didn't like it, too fast for us, personal opinion).
    Now i would like to state that our computers are pretty new and strong so it's not like we are playing on low end computers and besides, it started after like an hour or so in only.
    In the beginning there was nothing wrong at all.

So yeah, i am not sure if we are the only ones with this problem and we hope we fixed it by removing the persistent farming mod, but i hope that if anyone has this as well, they know the cause and/or solution to this.
    My friend checked the server console and didn't see any errors or anything.

18. ThaOneDon

Thx for feedback!
    I guess ill i have to remove those mods then. Well, ill leave the links still up for people that play it in Single-Player.
    I see that i included 2 versions of Permanent Farmables, it seems they conflict. Reduced to 1 now.

:)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  19. mvagrant

mvagrant Space Hobo

The CTD when using upgrade mark 3 (and that applies to the tier 3 unlocker from Creative Mod as well) isn't due to Starscape+Variety issues, at least I don't think so. I nixed Starscape and reverted back to just Variety (non-compatibility) and I still CTD when using the tier 3 unlocker.

http://pastebin.com/qDUrKYgW

20. ThaOneDon

ThaOneDon updated S3r1ous Mod Pack with a new update entry:

v7 INCOMING

Read the rest of this update entry...