1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Starfoundry v1.3.2

Automation megamod including energy, pipes, magnets, data transmission and more!

1. FormalRiceFarmr

FormalRiceFarmr Big Damn Hero

version 2!
    [​IMG]

severedskullz, metadept and Healthire like this.
  2. pbxellos

pbxellos Big Damn Hero

i am looking forward to fidiling with this mod, i was hoping someone would do more with water and pipes and now i find this, toatally sweet. and i am on tier 3 so i have access to the wire tool so this will be fun to play with. i plan to watch the review to get more of an idea of how to use the mod to it's full potental.

3. mala

mala Void-Bound Voyager

can't get the solar panel work, i connected it to the battery rack (with battery) but nothing happened.

also i've noticed that solar panel change color if wired to the top or the bottom of the battery rack (gray-top, blue-bottom) what does that means?

also the combustion generator doesn't seems to affect the batteries when wired to the rack.

can someone help please?

4. FormalRiceFarmr

This mod doesn't carry energy over wires like Electric Home Defense, instead it flows through nodes. Check the mod page for more details

5. mala

mala Void-Bound Voyager

ty very much, so i have to use relay to make things work? nothing works with usual wiring? than why the imput/output?

sorry for all these questions but as written in the description "It's a bit confusing" :D

6. FormalRiceFarmr

Well there's a lot of content in this mod so it's understandable to be confused and even overwhelmed. Most of the inputs and outputs have to do with toggling the device and outputing data. There are screens and mathematical operators in this mod that use outputs for doing calculations and comparisons. However, if all you want is the simple energy stuff, you can pretty much avoid using the wire tool.

Energy relays are used to make a path for where energy can flow to. You can power a device by putting it near a battery or generator, or put it far away and connect the path with the relays. Take a look at the gif on the mod page under the "energy" section for an example

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  7. demerzell

demerzell Intergalactic Tourist

8. Nirahiel

Nirahiel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

9. demerzell

demerzell Intergalactic Tourist

Image from tabula rasa. I want a mods submenu.

10. Nirahiel

Nirahiel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No it's not, it's a .dat file.

11. Starfoundry

Starfoundry Space Penguin Leader

Thanks for explaining, that's correct. Many objects in Starfoundry have wire functionality which is completely optional. For example, many devices can be turned on or off using wires as well as direct interaction. Objects like the battery rack also output data about the state of their batteries to allow complex energy management. As FormalRiceFarmr said, however, you only need to use relays and line of sight connection to send energy between devices.

It's not a top priority at the moment, but this is definitely on our to-do list, so better TR integration will come before too long.

FormalRiceFarmr likes this.
  12. mala

mala Void-Bound Voyager

wow, i could harass you forever with questions...

last one and i promise i'll be quite (at least for a while) :D

as shown in the image above, the generator powers two quarries at the same time, is there a way to prevent the generator from powering everything in sight? (beside quarry shutdown, or los block?)

if i need to use different generators for each machine, is there a way to force the electric flow?

ty very much for your patience :)

13. FormalRiceFarmr

I'm not really sure what you mean. If something requires energy and something is providing energy, it will path to it automatically if there's room. You could block flow with doors or the tile swapper?

14. Starfoundry

If you need to manually direct power flow, you should use solid blocks (layer swapper, doors, etc) to restrict line of sight. One thing to keep in mind, however, is that generators will produce a constant flow of energy regardless of how much is being used. If you're powering devices directly with a generator, you're probably wasting a lot. Connecting a battery rack to your system will help save this excess energy for later.

15. polarityomg

polarityomg Void-Bound Voyager

I apologize if this has been answered already, but I'm having some issues extracting items from the item storage box. I don't know if there's just something I'm missing but any help would be appreciated. I don't need to smelt them or do anything with them, I just want some items that were accidentally grabbed by the hopper.

16. Starfoundry

That's a good question! Since we're still working on filter pipes and waiting for direct inventory access, stray items do tend to get where they don't belong. The best solution for now is to connect an ejector to the network, then connect a switch to one of the wire nodes on the item box and signal it to output its contents.

17. polarityomg

polarityomg Void-Bound Voyager

Excellent! Thank you so much for your response. I love this mod.

18. pbxellos

pbxellos Big Damn Hero

hi there
    i recently just started using this mod and gathered all i need to set things up and i cant get the energy system working i have a c.generator but i have tried to get coal to be taken but nothing seams to work. i have the generator hooked up via wire to a switch to turn it on and energy releys near to send power but nothing seams to work please help.

19. Zakail

Zakail Phantasmal Quasar

You have to literally throw the coal at the c. generator. It'll suck it up like a vaccuum and take all it can until its tank is full.

20. mala

mala Void-Bound Voyager

interact with the generator so it turns green ( "E" button) than take a stack of coal and press "Q" to trow it.