1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Starbound : Mass Effect Edition v0.3.1a

Mass Effect in Starbound

1. TohKlidan

TohKlidan Zero Gravity Genie

Can you look into the Starbound.log (in you Starbound root folder) and send us a snippet with the error message?
    When this happens something has failed to initialize. But only the logs say what. ;)

2. star20

star20 Starship Captain

Here's a dropbox link to the log.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzthxeaf3ttehgg/starbound.log

Looking at it, it seems like it's having a problem with the starter gear. I'll give a re-download a shot, while I wait for an answer. Also, sorry about missing that log, I couldn't for the life of me remember what to look for, I know a few other modders who have "Post the DAMN LOG, IDIOT!!!!" as a Madness Mantra, for good reason.

3. TohKlidan

No Problem.
    yeah the log says:
    Code:
    Error: UniverseServer: exception caught: MapException: Key 'n7humanStarterTreasure' not found in Map::get()
    Which means your selected race cannot find the starting gear.
    All our custom races use this starting gear right now. The optional vanilla patches use thier vanilla starting gear.

But on my side I had never a problem to aquire it.
    Maybe you have other mods installed that interfere ??

4. star20

star20 Starship Captain

Okay, did some fussing, this is what I've found.

The culprit, for some reason, seems to be the Industrialization mod that's available on here. Now, what get funny(to me) is that testing shows this only affects newly created SMEE characters. Already created characters can load, no problem. If it helps, I'm linking a new log where I loaded a toon created before adding Industrialization, then a toon created afterwards. Might help finagle the problem. I'm also crossposting over on the Industrialization forum too.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzthxeaf3ttehgg/starbound.log

5. TohKlidan

Good to know. So I will install Industrialization too, to see if I can fix it from the SMEE side.
    But I have a bad feeling about this ;)

Celd' The Magi likes this.
  6. TohKlidan

Ok @star20 I found the problem withISE.
    There is nothing I can do from SMEE side.

The problem is:

Existing Characters don't access the starterTreasure anymore, its only access the first time you start on your ship. this is why existing chars work.
    ISE replaces the whole default.treasurepools file instead of using __merge like we do:

Our default.treasurepools looks like this:

Code:
    {
        "__merge" : [],

"n7humanStarterTreasure" : [
            [0, {
                "fill" : [
                    "omnitool1",
                    "flashlight",
                    [ "flagn7human", 1],
                    [ "torch", 10],
                    [ "cornseed", 3],
                    [ "wheatseed", 3],
                    [ "smeeomniblade1", 1],
                    "biotic-lift-chip",
                    "biotic-slow-chip"
                ],
                "levelVariance" : [0, 0],
                "allowDuplication" : false
            } ]
        ]
    }

I don't know if there is a way to influence the loadorder of starbound mods.
    But its is obvious that our merge is overridden by the ISE default.treasurepools file.

Celd' The Magi likes this.
  7. The Illuminati

The Illuminati Space Hobo

Wake up...I'm coming for you... (This mod is Illuminati approved)

MysticMalevolence and G4M5T3R like this.
  8. G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R Cosmic Narwhal

Glad you approve :D Thank us with a review?

9. The Illuminati

The Illuminati Space Hobo

Is there a place to post reviews? or should i just do it in this thread.

MysticMalevolence likes this.
  10. G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R Cosmic Narwhal

Yes, the overview page. If you have downloaded you can rate 1-5 stars and write a short review! :up:

11. rabidchaos

rabidchaos Yeah, You!

Was super happy when I found this (it was featured in a short article on pcgamer), but when I install it, Starbound crashes on startup. Log:
    Info: Preparing Star::Root...
    Info: Loading Star::Configuration from '..\starbound.config'
    Info: Done preparing Star::Root.
    Info: Client version 'Beta v. Furious Koala' '636'
    Info: Running from : C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32\starbound.exe
    Info: Starting from the title screen
    Info: Initialized SDL
    Info: Initialized SDL Video
    Info: Initialized SDL Joystick
    Info: Initialized SDL Sound
    Info: Opened default audio device with 44khz / 16 bit stereo audio, 2048 sample size buffer
    Info: Initializing SDL Window
    Info: Loading Star::Root...
    Info: Created initial window 1904x1162
    Info: Initializing SDL Window
    Info: Loading Star::Configuration from '..\starbound.config'
    Info: Re-created window 1920x1138
    Info: Not loading ImageMetadataDatabase from file '..\image.cache', digest mismatch or assets not digestable
    Info: Writing Star::Configuration to '..\starbound.config'
    Error: Exception raised during Root finishInitialization: TreasureException: Duplicate TreasurePool config 'n7humanStarterTreasure' from file '/treasure/default.treasurepools'
    004FDA66 (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/game/StarRoot.cpp:165)
    0040494C (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/client/StarClientApplication.cpp:305)
    0098243C (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/core/StarThread_windows.cpp:74)
    758FED5C kernel32.dll
    773A37EB ntdll.dll
    773A37BE ntdll.dll

Info: Shutting down Star::Root
    Error: StarException: An error occurred during loading: TreasureException: Duplicate TreasurePool config 'n7humanStarterTreasure' from file '/treasure/default.treasurepools'
    004FDA66 (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/game/StarRoot.cpp:165)
    0040494C (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/client/StarClientApplication.cpp:305)
    0098243C (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/core/StarThread_windows.cpp:74)
    758FED5C kernel32.dll
    773A37EB ntdll.dll
    773A37BE ntdll.dll

00404DBD (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/client/StarClientApplication.cpp:319)
    00406957 (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/client/StarClientApplication.cpp:388)
    0040A6C4 (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/application/StarApplicationBase.cpp:200)
    00407E74 (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/client/main.cpp:38)
    004EC0C1 (\SDL-1.2.15/./src/main/win32/SDL_win32_main.c:318)

12. Pfhoenix

Pfhoenix Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Do you have only one copy of the mod in the mods folder?

13. Prop

Prop Subatomic Cosmonaut

So when do we get actual mass relays that we can land on/go in to?

14. rabidchaos

rabidchaos Yeah, You!

One copy of SMEE and one copy of xbox. When I looked, there was only one copy of default.treasurepools and only block of code in the file.

15. Pfhoenix

Can you copy to pastebin the default.treasurepools file from the mod?

16. sevenspaces

sevenspaces Tentacle Wrangler

I cannot get this mod to function properly for some reason. I unzipped the file in my mods directory, and when I launch Starbound it says Mass Effect Edition, and it is also playing the ME music, but I cannot play the ME races and I also do not have the Normandy. Normally installing mods is really easy and straightforward, and it seems like it should be working; not sure if I'm doing something wrong or something. Can anyone help me out?

EDIT: Found the FAQ, didn't see it at first. Problem solved :)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
    G4M5T3R likes this.
  17. TohKlidan

Have you installed one of custom races mods?
    We linked them in the main post or in our Readme.

18. G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R Cosmic Narwhal

Do you by chance have the ISE: Industrialization mod installed as well? If not, any other mods installed other than ours and the interface mod of your choice? There will be incompatibility if another mod overwrites the default treasures.

19. Pfhoenix

Great! Let us know what you think of the mod in a review. =)

20. TohKlidan

Maybe you have installed my discontinued N7 mod. It contains also a default.treasurepools file with n7human.