1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Starfoundry v1.3.2

Automation megamod including energy, pipes, magnets, data transmission and more!

1. Nirahiel

Nirahiel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nah, I thought about this : Hopper > detector pipe > item box > Split into several pipes using the new + pipe, then several valves to different boxes.
    First box won't output by default. When I drop item into hopper, it goes through the first item box, and get scanned at the same time. Now since I scanned the item i know what it is, and I can open the corresponding valve (I guess i can use the gates to differenciate items right ?), and let the item exit the first box.
    When the item has passed the valve, there is another detector just behind used to close the valve.

2. Healthire

Healthire Can't Most Program the Least

That's clever. I'll see if we can get item types or something into the item detector for that. You should be able to use the comparator or whatever in starfoundry to compare values, and you can set a value to compare to by using memory latch, counter, and linked displays.

3. Nirahiel

Nirahiel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yep, that's what i want to do. In the end i'll have a furnace for each type of ore, to avoid jams. (When there is not enough ore in the furnace to smelt)
    Also, I would contribute to that mod, if I knew how to mod starbound :)

4. Luthor614

Luthor614 Cosmic Narwhal

"Battery: Stores energy for use later. Can be picked up and replaced without losing the energy stored. Must be placed in a Battery Rack for input/output.

Battery Rack: Place up to three batteries into the slots to connect them to the energy network. Interacting with the charger will toggle between Buffer mode (green indicator) and Charge mode (blue indicator). In Buffer mode, energy will be both accepted from and sent to connected devices/relays. In Charge mode, energy will only be accepted, allowing batteries to be topped off."

With the above in mind, would it be at all reasonable to suggest applying the stored energy from the batteries to be somehow applicable as a fuel source for the player ship? I know there are fuel substitution/replacement mods out there but it's just a thought since the basic mechanics are already somewhat in place. Maybe even a ship-battery rack!

5. Starfoundry

Starfoundry Space Penguin Leader

I'm not sure whether it will be using batteries directly, but we definitely have plans for ways to use the energy system for ship fuel. The fuel can't be applied dynamically to batteries in the same way stored energy can but we're working on that. Thanks for the suggestion in any case!

6. Luthor614

Luthor614 Cosmic Narwhal

No worries! If I can help out in some way or another with ideas I'll gladly share them.

7. ludsoe

ludsoe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I couldn't wait for a way to generate power from liquids so i spliced some stuff together.
    Cant wait for more.
    [​IMG]

Top ones a Hydro Turbine and the bottom one is a Geothermal generator.

Starfoundry likes this.
  8. Starfoundry

Starfoundry updated Starfoundry with a new update entry:

EHD integration, sprites, entity manipulation, and API rewrites

Read the rest of this update entry...

9. wnci997

wnci997 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Does this mean EHD is obsolete? Would it cause issues with both mods installed?

10. feryaz

feryaz Hey, You!

No, they should work fine together. Renamed everything.
    EHD will most likely become a combat addon for starfoundry once I've time for it.

11. wnci997

wnci997 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Alrighty, thanks for clearing that up

12. Hostail

Hostail Pangalactic Porcupine

After the latest update I have started to crash after going through the chucklefish logo, heres the error message that pops up

Code:
    StarException: An error occurred during loading: MonsterException:
    Error loading monster part
    '/monsters/unique/ele_quarry/body.monsterpart'
    caused by: MonsterException: Repeat monster part name 'quarry' for category 'quarry'
    006AF3DD starbound_opengl.exe
    004FB4D6 starbound_opengl.exe
    0040494C starbound_opengl.exe
    0097FC8C starbound_opengl.exe
    76FF9F72 ntdll.dll
    76FF9F45 ntdll.dll

00404DBD starbound_opengl.exe
    00406957 starbound_opengl.exe
    0040A234 starbound_opengl.exe
    00407E74 starbound_opengl.exe
    004E9AD1 starbound_opengl.exe

This is the mods I have installed:
    ArcaneAddOns
    SmartPet - Realistic Overhaul of the Pet System
    BetterMerchants
    Extended Songbook
    Industrialization: Starbound Edition
    Variety is the spice of the Universe
    Persistent Farmables
    Electric Home Defense
    Medical Station
    and Starfoundry

I have tried removing starfoundry and that makes the game load properly, any idea what could cause the problem?

EDIT: i didn't know there was a log file... I have been writing off these errors by hand :/

13. Starfoundry

Thanks for letting us know! This is an incompatibility between Starfoundry and Electric Home Defense since there are some objects currently in both mods. We'll get a fix pushed soon!

Hostail likes this.
  14. Starfoundry

Starfoundry updated Starfoundry with a new update entry:

EHD compatibility fix

Read the rest of this update entry...

15. FormalRiceFarmr

FormalRiceFarmr Big Damn Hero

Can you make the levitation pad receive an input to set the strength?

16. Healthire

We have other objects incoming that will be more fitting for varying strength.

FormalRiceFarmr likes this.
  17. FormalRiceFarmr

FormalRiceFarmr Big Damn Hero

Thanks to you I can make an elevator
    [​IMG]

Healthire likes this.
  18. AlchemistDS

AlchemistDS Lucky Number 13

Awesome creation mate!

FormalRiceFarmr likes this.
  19. Zakail

Zakail Phantasmal Quasar

Pipes seem to have an issue with losing water, it's slight and wouldn't affect someone just moving water from A to B, but I'm essentially trying to make a waterfall, and no matter what I do it keeps running out of water. I've made ABSOLUTELY sure there are no open background blocks between the two points that water should drain into, but it continues to thwart my efforts ;-;

20. Healthire

Yeah, liquid conservation is not perfect. It's something that is super hard to test as well. It's a lot better now than it used to be, but some liquid is still lost. It might be due to how our system works, or it might just be that liquids are lost in starbound when they move around.