1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Starfoundry v1.3.2

Automation megamod including energy, pipes, magnets, data transmission and more!

1. FormalRiceFarmr

FormalRiceFarmr Big Damn Hero

2. Healthire

Healthire Can't Most Program the Least

Luthor614 likes this.
  3. FormalRiceFarmr

FormalRiceFarmr Big Damn Hero

THIS IS EXCELLENT NEWS

4. Mehridian

Mehridian Big Damn Hero

I loaded Starfoundry, Universal Energy and Industrialization. They will load together I am not sure if there are any conflicts yet as I didn't have enough time last night to get to tier 10, but they will load together in the game without crashing.

5. 409

409 Big Damn Hero

This has a bunch of actually cool stuff, but then there's all the typical industrialization-mod-style garbage that makes me cringe...

GAH I'M SO TORN

6. mala

mala Void-Bound Voyager

those mods should be copypasted into the game asap.

I bow before your greatness, incredible job guys :up:

severedskullz likes this.
  7. Healthire

What parts do you think are garbage?

8. Featured already?

Hurray for collaboration!
    > Wrote tons of code/systems that isn't used anywhere.

Sorry I didn't get to contribute much more than opinions/optimization ideas. Things have been a cluster over in Colonies. People complaining left and right about issues that I am unable to replicate even if my life depended on it. Now that you all have systems set in stone, I can develop a little bit more.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  9. Luthor614

Luthor614 Cosmic Narwhal

Absolutely amazing that these projects will be amalgamated, both offer up great new functions in an ever expanding game universe. Two thumbs way up for this!

severedskullz likes this.
  10. Nirahiel

Nirahiel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can we open / close valve with wires ? Could be a way to filter items, pipe detector > depending on the type of the item, open a different valve.

11. Starfoundry

Starfoundry Space Penguin Leader

You can open and close the valve based on wire input, but since the pipe transmission is instantaneous, I don't think the detector will switch the valve during the transmission. Also that would only allow filtering on item quantity (instead of type) which isn't terribly useful. Filters are one of our biggest priorities at this point, so we should have a proper solution implemented soon.

12. Oh look... something for me to do.

13. Zakail

Zakail Phantasmal Quasar

The powered furnace is not able to smelt wood into coal. Please tell me this is going to be fixed, as this would be incredible for making fuel from my tree farm hauls~

14. Healthire

We can do something about that, sure.

15. Nirahiel

Well, with a proper detector setup, some timers and memory cells and stuff, I'm sure I can get something working ... or ...
    If I put in a box via a hopper 3 copper ore, and THEN 2 iron or, and proceed to extract them just after, are they coming in this order ? And do they exit one by one or stack by stack ?

16. Healthire

With some exceptions they will come in the order you put it in.

The exceptions being if you do something like this: Put in 2 copper ore, put in 2 iron ore, eject the 2 copper ore, put in 2 titanium ore. Then the next time you eject an item it will eject the titanium ore, because it will take the spot that copper ore had.

17. Nirahiel

Why is that ?

18. Healthire

Because it places the item in the first available slot, just like when you put something in a chest, or pick up an item from the ground, it goes into the first available slot.

19. Nirahiel

Hm, I see. So I should make sure I do not add more items when I start to filter, until it's done.
    I think I got something now. Let me test it :)

20. Healthire

You mean connecting an item detector to a valve somehow? I don't think that will work. The item detector will only push through an item if the valve is open, and only outputs the wire signal when it has successfully pushed through an item. So most likely nothing will happen.

It's something I'll bring up with the others, because using item detectors as filters is something that would be really cool if it worked. Though we do have plans for actual filter pipes, hopefully pretty soon.