1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Starbound : Mass Effect Edition v0.3.1a

Mass Effect in Starbound

1. TohKlidan

TohKlidan Zero Gravity Genie

@Gioven you can simply add one mod from the optional package e.g. SMEEapex.

then open inside SMEEapex universe_server.config.
    It should look like this:
    Code:
    {
        "__merge" : [],
        "speciesShips" : {
            "__merge" : [ ["overwrite", "apex"] ],
            "apex" : "/ships/smee/apexnormandysr1.structure"
        }
    }
    change all "apex" entries to the species you want to use. and it should work.

2. Gioven

Gioven Aquatic Astronaut

got it working! awesome! thanks for the help!

3. kalasai

kalasai Tentacle Wrangler

Can i use this mod on a server for multiplayer ? Thanks :)

4. TohKlidan

TohKlidan Zero Gravity Genie

Yes but you need to install it also on the server.

5. kalasai

kalasai Tentacle Wrangler

Thanks for your reply :)

6. Pfhoenix

Pfhoenix Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you haven't yet, thank us with a review! =)

7. Patrick Scott

Patrick Scott Void-Bound Voyager

Is there a quick way to enable or disable this mod at launch other than moving it in or out of the mod folder? My server admin doesn't want to install this mod yet, maybe once you release 0.2.0 I can talk him into it. When I have it installed locally and playing on his server, even if I make a totally vanilla character, it gives me the SMEE items at crafting stations including the biotic powers. While nothing explicitly crashes he's logging errors on the server and I get odd NPC behaviors in the vicinity of my character (possibly the whole planet I'm on, I haven't done a pile of testing yet).

Please note this is a MINOR concern for me. Loving this mod from top to bottom, really excited to see how you develop it further too. Thank you so much.

TohKlidan and G4M5T3R like this.
  8. Pfhoenix

Unfortunately there isn't a way to disable a mood without removing it from the mod folder. It's generally not a good idea for clients to run mods the server doesn't have.

G4M5T3R likes this.
  9. G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R Cosmic Narwhal

Currently, no there is not. Drag and drop from your mods folder is the only way to both install and uninstall a mod. I'm not sure, but a mod manager might be able to install/uninstall with a click of your mouse.
    As the game is still under development, so is it's native mod support. Hopefully in time a feature for mods will be available in the main menu. If we're ever able to reload content once in game.

*Pfhoenix, you ninja'd me :ninja:

10. Pfhoenix

[quote="G4M5T3R, post: 1745670, member: 142670"Pfhoenix, you ninja'd me :ninja:[/quote]

That's me, stealthy like a chicken sandwich in pickled clothing.

11. Patrick Scott

Patrick Scott Void-Bound Voyager

Understood, thanks for the replies folks.

12. singlemalt

singlemalt Void-Bound Voyager

first of all, awesome mod! amazing how you did the normandy with all the custom lockers, etc.
    Is there a way you can just edit the normandy so we can use it on the vanilla version and use it to replace my ship?

13. Pfhoenix

Check the FAQ portion of the overview page for the mod. You can manually modify the race's ship settings to use the Normandy with any race.

14. singlemalt

singlemalt Void-Bound Voyager

Oh I meant just using the Normandy on the vanilla version without the rest of the mods. Unless your instruction does this?

15. Pfhoenix

Ah. No, we don't have the Normandy by itself. You can always choose to ignore the other Mass Effect content we've added, though.

16. Celd' The Magi

Celd' The Magi Pangalactic Porcupine

Great Mod. One of the few I use. Don't want to bog the Beta down with mods, but a little extra content doesnt interupt testing.

The current "Omni Tool" version is great. I know some people think the current setting of tiers is O'P. But having to struggle in the first few systems with the pickaxe and even the drills is well.... not effecient enough for Sci Fi settings in my opinion. Which again, is why this mod is great. For many reasons. Some of the 1st tier Ranged weapons are great and balanced pretty well for what you can face. Especially with the lighter armors early on.

#holla

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  17. W00MER

W00MER Aquatic Astronaut

Not sure if this is best place to ask but I install the mod and the main menu shows that it's installed but the custom races and the Normandy are not appearing.
    I followed the installation instructions exactly. Any ideas what I may have done wrong?

18. Celd' The Magi

Celd' The Magi Pangalactic Porcupine

Did you install the additional support mod, for expanded characters?

G4M5T3R likes this.
  19. G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R Cosmic Narwhal

This is the place to ask ;)
    You need an interface extension mod. Try using one of the two mods linked at the bottom of the overview page. Kawas, or the simple extender.

Celd' The Magi likes this.
  20. star20

star20 Starship Captain

I'm having an interesting problem. I've got both Core and Optional packages installed for this mod. I can make vanilla races who start out in the Normandy, and can make another custom race, but whenever I try to start the game with a SMEE race, I get an error saying the Client-server connection is no longer valid. Please let me know how to get any other information to you.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014