1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Starfoundry v1.3.2

Automation megamod including energy, pipes, magnets, data transmission and more!

1. Starfoundry

Starfoundry Space Penguin Leader

Starfoundry submitted a new mod:

Starfoundry - Automation megamod including energy, pipes, magnets, data transmission and more!

Read more about this mod...

2. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

The time has come! The day is here! Woo!

Starfoundry likes this.
  3. Okiemurse

Okiemurse Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Tekkit / FTB were my favorite things to do in Minecraft, and I am so excited to see these concepts coming to Starbound. I can't wait for them all to start melting together into gooey automated goodness.

ApSciLiara and PSS like this.
  4. LowestFormOfWit

LowestFormOfWit Pangalactic Porcupine

Yay! Things and stuff!

Congrats to everyone involved. Totally going to act like I contributed a lot more than just the name and a few off-sprites.

SuperMandrew likes this.
  5. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

Sounds similar to what I'm doing most of the time.

6. Magician Xy

Magician Xy Ketchup Robot

Awesome! I was wondering how long it would take you guys to finish this. Went a lot faster than I thought!

7. Boogy

Boogy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This looks really promising, will definitely check it out.

8. Ravenholme

Ravenholme Big Damn Hero

Sparkz and... Electric Home Defense? Plus that Magnetiser Tech mod?

9. Healthire

Healthire Can't Most Program the Least

Electric Home Defense is not integrated into Starfoundry, but you're right about sparkz and magnetbound! :)

10. Albin Xavier

Albin Xavier Phantasmal Quasar

I put down a hopper and it did not pick up items. I then connected it to my electricity, it still didn't work. It was connected to pipes leading to a power furnace.

11. Healthire

The power furnace can only hold two ores at a time. I recommend you to connect it to an item box like this: http://i.imgur.com/vDldeif.gif

Also the furnace needs to be turned on to smelt, either by interacting with it or by wiring it to a switch.

Using the mod is pretty tricky at the moment, we're working on getting some better instructions out.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  12. Albin Xavier

Albin Xavier Phantasmal Quasar

I turned it on and the items did not get picked up by the hopper.

I will connect it to an item box.

Edit: It still doesn't work. I would post a screenshot if I knew how.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  13. Nirahiel

Nirahiel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What I would suggest :
    Could you make the item box act like a chest, with right click open it's GUI with items inside ?
    Could you make it so that the furnace accept only 2 of the ore at the same time, to not be stuck with 1 ore in the furnace (say 1 copper ore) when there are more ores to smelt (say 2 iron ores in the box)
    Or even better, make the furnace smelt anything that can be smelted.
    A filter pipe for items ?
    And in the end, a pipe system just like Logistics Pipes for minecraft would be awesome :)

14. Starfoundry

Some of those things are definitely coming soon! Unfortunately, we can't give the item boxes (or other objects) "real" inventories yet since there isn't a way to interact with them through scripts. We're already planning better sorting and filtering systems, however, and some other usability changes to make item pipes and storage easier to use.

Thanks for the suggestions!

15. Mehridian

Mehridian Big Damn Hero

are their known incompatibilties to Industrialization or Universal energy?

16. Healthire

Not known, no, but we haven't taken any steps to ensure compatibility with those mods specifically either. If there are compatibility issues then we are either very unlucky or it's bad merging.

17. Mehridian

Mehridian Big Damn Hero

will go over the player config for both to make sure no incompatibility with the items mergin

18. Nirahiel

Nirahiel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can I use it together with Electric Home Defense ? It looks like both mods share some concept. Some logic gates, water flow inside pumps and stuff.

19. Starfoundry

You can, but we will soon be adding many of the features of EHD to Starfoundry (in collaboration with feryaz) so you may want to wait a few days before building anything too huge!

Luthor614 likes this.
  20. Starfoundry

Starfoundry updated Starfoundry with a new update entry:

New pipe tile, bug fixes

Read the rest of this update entry...