1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Dead Squirrel's Firefly 1.0 Enraged Koala

Firefly/Serenity playership - "You paid money for this, sir? On purpose?"

1. Dead Squirrel

Dead Squirrel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Dead Squirrel updated Dead Squirrel's Firefly with a new update entry:

Engine glow update!

Read the rest of this update entry...

SilentXeno and VIcariousViking like this.
  2. Wydraz

Wydraz Void-Bound Voyager

I hope this gets updated for v. Furious Koala!

3. gbachura

gbachura Space Hobo

Yeah we want an update -- or at least I do! So I can use it... :)

4. Dead Squirrel

5. Dead Squirrel

Let me know if anyone has any other issues, but it seems to be working fine for me now.

6. Kiithnaras

Kiithnaras Aquatic Astronaut

Not sure if I'm doing something horribly wrong, but the engine glow during FTL is not working for me. Clean install from this update, no compatibility patch to derp with things, brand new ship. Gorgeous ship, just no particularly un-subtle engine glow during FTL. I am using it on an avian character though.

7. Skios

Skios Void-Bound Voyager

As far as I can tell, the engine glow doesn't seem to be working with the most recent update. Like Kiithnaras, I am not using a human character, hylotl for me.

8. Vanzerfull

Vanzerfull Big Damn Hero

Same issue here. Creating a human, does not help.

9. Dead Squirrel

Thanks for the info. I'll have to wait until tonight to figure out what's wrong. I wonder if they reformatted ships?

10. pattymelts

pattymelts Tentacle Wrangler

Is the compatibility mod also Furious Koala-compatible?

11. Dead Squirrel

Yeah, there's a Furious Koala update for that too. However, something is wrong with the engine glow. I should have another update out within the day.

EDIT: ENGINES AREN'T BROKEN (per se)
    Ran a test, the engines are fine, but the game is not currently playing FTL engine-animations. Even Vanilla ships are currently broken. Firefly shouldn't need an update again, just wait for a Starbound fix.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
    pattymelts likes this.
  12. Vanzerfull

Vanzerfull Big Damn Hero

Oh... thx for the info!

13. Skios

Skios Void-Bound Voyager

Huh, I'm surprised I didn't notice that when flying on my friend's ship. Oh well, should be a pretty quick fix for them.

14. Asatrix

Asatrix Guest

Installed the new version I can't alter it on my server at all? I have to upload it to the server or something??

15. Acetriggerhappy

Acetriggerhappy Void-Bound Voyager

Working fine so far in single player, but when i try and use it on my clans server even with the compatibility patch people crash when beaming to my ship.
    plus when I interact with any thing, the ship freezes and i cant do any thing until i rejoin the server. (ex. When I open a door, now I cant close that door or use any thing and the other end of the ship is pitch black.)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  16. Dead Squirrel

Alright, thanks guys. I'll try to figure out what's going on. Sorry for the trouble, you may have to wait to use the ship on servers for a day or two.

Have either of you tried using other ship mods on the servers? Do they work fine?

17. Asatrix

Asatrix Guest

Yes, I made a compatability mod for Boogy's human dreadnought that is client side and it functions fine, no ship board crashes and nothing as drastic as you and I were seeing.

18. diannaochong

diannaochong Intergalactic Tourist

I am currently running into the same issues. I installed the compat mod on my server, when someone beams to my ship, it crashes the client.

19. Acetriggerhappy

Acetriggerhappy Void-Bound Voyager

Okay after restarting the server for the hot fix patch my ship now works on the server, but people still crash if they don't have the mod as the compatibly patch on the server still doesn't seem to work

20. diannaochong

diannaochong Intergalactic Tourist

Yeah, I am having the same issue. I think DS said he was working on this.

To be clear, functionally the compatibility patch on the server should allow players without the mod, onto a players ship who has the mod? I can't get a clear answer on this from anywhere, and I think that is assumed.