Wars and Village raids

Discussion in 'Side Quests' started by HomeSkillet, Jan 17, 2014.

1. HomeSkillet

HomeSkillet Aquatic Astronaut

Before I even start I really hope this idea hasn't been mentioned already, If it has just tell me and I'll just let the thread die.

So, I was thinking that there should be side quests when there are two different villages opposite of each other, there is a chance of a war or a raid side quest.

Let's say on the left of you there is a Hylotl village, and on the right there is a Floran village. Obviously if you have read the lore you know these two races aren't exactly compatible on the same planet. So you talk to one of the guards and he tells you that the Floran Village has declared war on them and they are recruiting and you just accept the quest and go to the designated area to start the war. You also have the choice of siding with either races, Floran or Hylotl. And depending on what sector you are in the amount of waves of enemies changes (alpha sector 2 waves, Beta sector 3 waves, Gamma sector 5 waves, Delta sector 7 waves, X sector 10 waves etc.) And there should be some kind of aesthetic change (if possible) to the opposing village (If hylotl win the Floran village becomes more beautiful, if the Floran win The Hylotl village turns into a prison etc.)

And Raids have the same requirements (2 different villages etc.) except you go to a guard and lets say, the opposing village has a weapon or a kidnapped local etc. So you go to the guard and you get to pick which AI partner guard joins you (max = 3) all with different weapon combinations. (Partner 1 has a dagger + shield, his alt weapon is a pistol. Partner 2 has a broadsword and alt weapon is a shotgun). And you go to the village and kill everyone in the village, get the objective item and come back to the guard that gave you the quest to get your reward.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    EXTRAS:

"Planetary Warfare" - doomshield321

"a war system would be kind of cool (said the commander) but in your post you said you'd round up some npc's and kill everyone in the opposite village. I do think that's a bit brutal. maybe instead you just get rid of the guards and raise your sides flag, and maybe you just put them under village wide house arrest. I just think their should be different task based on the following factors" - CommanderBenny

"For humans and avian they could be fighting over an artifact the avian want for religious importance and the humans want for research...
    village of avians and a research team of humans" - CountArkas

"defend villages from other things like bandit attacks" - CommanderBenny

"you could build village defenses as in archer towers, ballistas, and catapults!"
    -CommanderBenny

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
    Lecic, Steam Pirate, Boufman and 2 others like this.
  2. Desolator

Desolator Pangalactic Porcupine

i'm personaly a fan of this war stuff. if it was in multiplayer... there would be sooo much chaos!
    as a suggestion, there should be npc's that fight in the background kind-of-thing.
    other than that its a really good idea

3. HomeSkillet

Thanks man, I really wanted to have some kind of planet scale war. There are times where there are two villages of different races, and realistically, if one race came first and another one came to the planet right after and they are different races, there would be tension between the two villages.

4. Desolator

What if we think bigger....
    PLANETARY WARFARE!!!

Commander Benny likes this.
  5. HomeSkillet

I am guessing you are talking about a race on one planet attacking a race on another planet. Well there is gonna be space combat from what I have heard so that MAY be a reality.

6. Desolator

When they say space combat, they mean ships blasting each other apart. What I was talking about was one race invades another race on one of their planets and you get caught in the cross-fire because you were adventuring.

7. Commander Benny

Commander Benny Phantasmal Quasar

a war system would be kind of cool (said the commander) but in your post you said you'd round up some npc's and kill everyone in the opposite village. I do think that's a bit brutal. maybe instead you just get rid of the guards and raise your sides flag, and maybe you just put them under village wide house arrest. I just think their should be different task based on the following factors

1 village race
    2 crime that caused war

still though, great idea man :up:
    now prepare for my emoticon invasion!

:viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking:
    :viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking::viking:

good luck!:D

8. ZacheryLawshe

ZacheryLawshe Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry, what were you saying? Yoda can't here you...
    :yoda:

9. HomeSkillet

Keep them coming guys! I will soon add everyone's ideas and credit their name if I am able to get more suggestions and likes.

10. Desolator

i could help you with modding if you are planning on turning this into a mod

11. Commander Benny

and so the team began to form. :cool:

12. Desolator

you in?

13. Commander Benny

well I'm no Modder but I am a decent idea man so if you need someone to think of maybe some quests related to this or you need to call on my strategy gaming expertise to know what a more realistic war feeling is, than just call me, and remember to credit me for my stuff;)

14. Desolator

Ok. That's good to know

15. Commander Benny

so how about I just rattle off some ideas as to why villages or even planets would go to war? should I do that?

16. Desolator

probably. we know that florans and hylotl hate each other. we'll start from there. possibly some lore with background information as to why these two races hate each other. (i'm just shooting out ideas here)

17. CountArkas

CountArkas Aquatic Astronaut

For humans and avian they could be fighting over an artifact the avian want for religious importance and the humans want for research.

By the way these would probably be a village of avians and a research team of humans.

18. HomeSkillet

A mod would be cool, but I have zero modding experience sadly so I couldn't really help..

19. Desolator

not a bad idea. i like it :up:

20. Desolator