1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  2. Karmel

Karmel Void-Bound Voyager

Well how rude of them~ guess people really want that crop one :rofl:

3. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

Woot more lore! Ima lore fan

Btw nice nomadic lifestyle with a futuristic twist.

4. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

Or people are like "no more races till novakid!"

5. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

RyuujinZERO updated Avali Race Mod with a new update entry:

0.51 - 0.01% more stuff

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. Gantros

Gantros Pangalactic Porcupine

had an idea for the energy shields. Instead of the bubble, maybe you could have it be a geodesic bubble, and when it blocks something, it goes through an animation of the panels flickering as if redistributing energy

7. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

BTW just a quick before and after for folks:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The new head sprite I'm testing elevates their ear angle, so their lower set of ears are more visible when clothed, and also puts their ehad into better perspective since you can see the far side upper ear. Assuming people don't all rebel and prefer the old one :p

Their ears are supposed to be able to mobile, they're not rigidly fixed in one position, unfortunatly I wasn't able to make them move with the emotes as i had planned originally :(

At present you can't animate shields or I would do :p

I did experiment with geodesic domes but I'm keeping them for higher level shields

Fullapple1991 likes this.
  8. Fullapple1991

Fullapple1991 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Awesome! :D Now is to just for my derpy laptop to finnish un- and in- stalling and I can play it again! Yay :mwahaha:

9. deem

deem Orbital Explorer

I realy hope they add this race to the game, you my friend should be paid for this!

Garan and Fullapple1991 like this.
  10. Nalkari

Nalkari Void-Bound Voyager

100% Agreed!

11. Garan

Garan Void-Bound Voyager

A little feedback for the latest update :

All the chest piece use the Tier-1 sprite.

12. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Yes. That's because the dangly part on the tier2/3 chest i noticed was hiding the near-side leg which was making the run animation look off (since the leg passed behind the guard over the abdomen), now the leg armour extends up to cover the waist, or it should do. But now you point that out to me I forgot to extend up the tier 2 leggings. Thanks.

The tier 3 curiass also covers your arms and hands, but yeah there's presently no visual difference between tier 1 and 2 chestpieces asides from icon graphic

*fixes for next update*

Garan likes this.
  13. legoracer

legoracer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

what.jpg
    First thing I thought when I saw this was "...huh? What happened to his face?"
    Then I found out that it's a visor.

Cool idea, but I think the eye needs to be more easily seen behind the visor. Perhaps more transparency over the eye?

Next thing I did was take the armor off to see what, if any, changes were beneath. Then I found this:
    bug.jpg
    There are some extra pixels next to the neck where I'm guessing there shouldn't be.

Other than that, everything seems to be working fine. I'm even starting to warm up to the new ear style. :)

edit: I think I see the problem with the visor on the tier 2 helm. The outline is obscuring the bottom half of the eye.

14. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

The extra pixels are the leadding edge of his lower, far side ear. I was experimenting to see how it looked, overall doesn't seem like it's noticable for what it is but sometimes looks odd when it shouldn't.

15. legoracer

Any chance of re-adding the blue feather palette seen here? I think there needs to be more than just pale blue and cyan. ;)
    blue.jpg

Garan likes this.
  16. RainbowShy

RainbowShy Pangalactic Porcupine

you can edit the species file to add back in the colors you like.

17. Starhowl

Starhowl Phantasmal Quasar

The Avali originated in Spore? That's fascinating - My old original alien race came from Spore too, but I eventually made them out-of-game OC for the same reasons as you - After all the promises of Spore fell into nothing, I felt they didn't get the love and development they deserved, and I built upon them in other ways.

I think your work is particularly inspiring to me, as your story is so similar to mine; you've taken something that was simple and maybe not even intended to go so far in the beginnings, and you've cultivated it into this massive, cultured, lore-rich project, and I admire your work!

It's not much, but I can throw a cute little comfy screenshot your way. Feel free to do as you please with it, crop it, eat it, use it, or do nothing at all :) I just love this girl enough to share.

Oh, and you already have an emote list, but by all means, you can use my avatar as well if you need a happyface to brighten a day.

Edit: Oh, and I feel I should mention - A lot of people probably want this race to be official, to be put in the actual Starbound game. I think that's a horrible idea. If it becomes part of the official game, patches won't come directly from Ryuujin as they do now, and they definitely won't come as quickly or reliably as they are now. Putting it in the official game would remove a lot of his stake in the project as he would be relying entirely on the Chucklefish dev team and their time for all improvements he wanted to make. Personally, I think it should stay just like it is, for everyone's sake :)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  18. legoracer

True, but most of the other players who use this mod probably wouldn't know how to do that or what to edit once they did open the file.

If it were just a matter of me customizing my own experience to my own personal tastes, that's probably what I would do. I just think the mod could benefit from having a more rounded out selection of colors for the feathers. (The "fluff" and "trim" colors are fine.)
    Personally, I would probably include three shades of each color. So instead of having just one red palette, for example, I'd also have a pale red and a dark red for variety's sake.

19. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

Oh a new update while I was out. Also Lego I do agree on the colors. I might actually have to bother you on how you got that blue.

EDIT: I already like the new head styles but noticing some of the plumage clips through the helmets.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  20. legoracer

The blue was from a previous version before the color palettes were changed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.