1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Odd, thought I fixed that. Must've forgotten to export the fixed sheet

Yeah that is helpful, I know they're a little off but I havn't had much time to play around with them, since I havn't really had much time to play the mod extensively beyond short bursts of testing. The thing with the neck shading is that I've reverted it back to Starbound style shading to fit in with the game's native style a bit better, and they use shading very very sparingly.

2. Maskrising

Maskrising Subatomic Cosmonaut

I hope this race will be muliplayer compatible some day

3. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

It already is - what made you think it wasn't? O,o

Like all mods, the server needs it installed on their end too, as do all the players. The only kinds of mod that work in multiplayer are those that deal with default resources, like the fully customisable ship mod.

4. Maskrising

Maskrising Subatomic Cosmonaut

do you think eventually they will have it to where servers will automaticly install charecter mods into joining players folders? im on a dedicated server of 100+ adventurers and I could convince the owner to get the race mod, but not if it requires all 100 players to download it. think this will some day be possible?

5. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I wonder how many times this has been stated...

6. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

BTW, just a heads up people are going to spit their dummy over the next patch <.<

In addition to the more useful features, I'll be reigning in the fluff-colour options to no longer have neon colours, only the natural tones. The reason being that random NPC generation drops out avali that look like clowns about 90% of them time (just try mashing random generation and see the horrors it shits out), by clamping the fluff colour to a more realistic set of colours, most the random generated avali look reasonable (This is why Avians have their fluff colour locked to white). But it does mean you won't be able to make characters with bright pink, purple, green, blue chest fluff

I should point out this does NOT affect existing characters, if your current character has brightly coloured chest fluff, they will keep their brightly coloured chest fluff.

7. RainbowShy

RainbowShy Pangalactic Porcupine

so all good until character wipes then.

8. Gantros

Gantros Pangalactic Porcupine

just my opinion, but the arm feathers seem to throw off some of the tools/weapons. Also, the walking animation for the chicken legs seems a bit off, maybe if you based it off an ostrich or something?

9. Nalkari

Nalkari Void-Bound Voyager

I hope there is a way to save them^^

10. dark lord derpy

dark lord derpy Big Damn Hero

Awww that sucks, I like the neon colors, I personally dont mind the neon color on NPCs, they are aliens after all, might have different opinions on what colors look good.

11. bjorn0411

bjorn0411 Phantasmal Quasar

hmm, i noticed something. if you make a character completely black (works with all other colors, just makes it easier too see) there is 1 white pixel on the top of the eye, not sure if intentional or bug, but it looked odd, so i figured i should mention it.

also, as a suggestion, you could as a racial bonus (when it comes out) have higher jump/increased speed/negated fall damage (though not all at once, personally i would like to see fall damage reduced) or something like that, since the bone structure of the avali's it would make sense, and generally the leg structure is what makes them the most unique (though there are other reasons)

12. dark lord derpy

dark lord derpy Big Damn Hero

I think cold resistance might be more appropriete.

Also...wouldnt water also be acidic to them? seeing as they are ammonia based and ammonia is a base?

13. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Working as intended, it's a little glint of light reflecting off their eye.

That and the fact they have... you know... wings? - Ultimately I'd like to give them a way of gliding as their racial trick (in addition to negated falling damage), basiclly they can use their wings to control their rate of descent under normal circumstances

Liquid water is also about 40 celcius above their core body temperature, so yes, being immersed in water should really do a number on them. However I won't be looking into reducing the gameplay/story segregation til I actually have the playable content done, rather than slapping "unplayable content" onto people ;)

14. bjorn0411

bjorn0411 Phantasmal Quasar

ahh, well yeah ofcourse, the wings play a role too. i like the idea of gliding. as long as it isnt too... "good"? as in it cant be like going 1 block down per 8 blocks forward (if you understand what i mean). it should be... well i dont know any good number, but i hope you understand.

15. Nalkari

I think sth like 1 to 2 or 2 to 3 will work fine

16. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

We don't even know if it can be implemented yet, we'll deal with that when we get there :p

17. Nalkari

Hehe ...one step at the time :)

18. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

For the higher tier armors will the microphone be more noticeable on the headpiece or will there be other little ornaments to replace it?

19. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

I'll play it by ear. i found having the mic on the lower sets just kind've messed with the definition of the face, it's IMPLIED it has a headphone but that's not visible. The tier 4 helmet has a full-face covering balaclava, which it might show up better against.

20. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

Anything else to expect from the next update to these fluffy guys?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.