1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Tutorial Starbound Server Management Console Release

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Icer, Dec 16, 2013.

1. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

Try this: (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/662421/no-x11-display-variable-what-does-it-mean)
    If you're on the main display, then

Code:
    export DISPLAY=:0.0
    or if you're using csh or tcsh

Code:
    setenv DISPLAY :0.0
    before running the ISSM console.

eSportler and supernet2 like this.
  2. eSportler

eSportler Orbital Explorer

Also didn't work for me :/
    Still got the same error.

Maybe tonight I will give it a try with a small linux with GUI, but I think this will be too slow on a vm -.-

3. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

Did it throw exactly the same error?

4. eSportler

Yes, exactly the same.

5. SolSoCoG

SolSoCoG Astral Cartographer

You guys do realize that there is a headless parameter which makes it unneccessary to have X11 bogus?
    You seem to read the first post of the thread very well.

How I start it inside bash:
    java -jar ./ISSMConsole.jar -headless

supernet2 and eSportler like this.
  6. eSportler

OMG! :D
    If that would be the solution..... I'll give it a try... wait a moment^^

EDIT://

YEAH!
    You are my HERO! :)

it works quite good, but still getting some Errors.
    But the Interface is reachable, Shutting down the Server will work, also kicking players :)

Maybe someone can help me with the errors? :)
    Code:
    starbound@starbound:~/webinterface$ java -jar ISSMConsole.jar -headless
    java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""
            at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65)
            at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:453)
            at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:483)
            at icer.starbound.server.management.proxy.ProxyManager.loadBanList(ProxyManager.java:151)
            at icer.starbound.server.management.StarboundServer.loadBanList(StarboundServer.java:138)
            at icer.starbound.server.management.StarboundServer.<init>(StarboundServer.java:78)
            at icer.starbound.server.management.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:44)
    Attempting to connect to another instance
    2014-01-10 22:00:45.361:INFO:oejs.Server:main: jetty-9.1.z-SNAPSHOT
    2014-01-10 22:00:45.393:INFO:oejsh.ContextHandler:main: Started o.e.j.s.ServletContextHandler@217f3e7{/,null,AVAILABLE}
    2014-01-10 22:00:45.400:INFO:oejs.ServerConnector:main: Started ServerConnector@73bb9f3f{HTTP/1.1}{0.0.0.0:21005}
    <ISSMConsole> TCP Redirect starting
    Proxy listening
    serverLocation = /home/starbound/SteamApps/common/Starbound/linux64/starbound_server
    Server set to /home/starbound/SteamApps/common/Starbound/linux64/starbound_server
    <ISSMConsole> Checking for config file in /home/starbound/SteamApps/common/Starbound/linux64
    <ISSMConsole>    Config file found
    /home/starbound/SteamApps/common/Starbound/linux64/starbound.config
    <ISSMConsole>    Port correctly set to 21024
    <ISSMConsole> Server executable set to '/home/starbound/SteamApps/common/Starbound/linux64/starbound_server'
    java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "pkill starbound_server": error=2, Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
            at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1041)
            at icer.starbound.server.management.StarboundServer.killRunningServers(StarboundServer.java:488)
            at icer.starbound.server.management.StarboundServer.startServer(StarboundServer.java:231)
            at icer.starbound.server.management.Launcher$1.run(Launcher.java:50)
    Caused by: java.io.IOException: error=2, Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
            at java.lang.UNIXProcess.forkAndExec(Native Method)
            at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:135)
            at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:130)
            at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1022)
            ... 3 more
    <ISSMConsole> Starting server in 5 seconds
    <ISSMConsole> 5
    <ISSMConsole> 4
    <ISSMConsole> 3
    <ISSMConsole> 2
    <ISSMConsole> 1
    <ISSMConsole> Server Started
    <ISSMConsole> View the console at http://127.0.0.1:21005
    Server: Loading
    Server: Running

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  7. Mortalsinn

Mortalsinn Zero Gravity Genie

Is there plans for some sort of spawn planet protection?

8. SolSoCoG

SolSoCoG Astral Cartographer

The errors look like they are quite common since I've got the same. They don't seem to be dangerous, I just ignore them.

9. Qrystaline

Qrystaline Big Damn Hero

Not working, i cant join it and neither can my friends. The tutorial on how to install it is kinda vague, maybe make a video installation tutorial, or just reply back with some in depth instructions if possible. Thanks.

10. eSportler

Okay, hope that the server runs quite stable :)
    I'll report ;)

Did you get any errors?
    Or it just didn't work to connect?
    Where do you have installed the server? When it is installed on your desktop at home you have to forward the ports in your router. Otherwise your friends can't reach the server.
    And which IP do you've entered in the mask to join a server?

11. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

I made a little CMD that eases my restarts, its not perfect, but at least a little handy:

For example create ISB.CMD:
    Code:
    @@echo off
    :start
    C:
    cd "C:\Prgram files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32\"
    "c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -jar ISSMConsole.jar -headless

goto start
    If you press CTRL-C the server will shutdown and the comand line will popup question:
    "Do you want to terminate batch job (Y/N)?"
    Answer N to restart the server, Y to shutdown completely (if you dont stop it, it will just go back to start of the code).

Output:
    Code:
    <ISSMConsole> Server Shutdown
    Server: Shutdown
    Server: Shutdown
    Terminate batch job (Y/N)? n

12. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

Heh, I thought he already tried that -.- good job! :D

13. Nazty Fox

Nazty Fox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I can connect locally using the local IP address but other people can not connect outside of my local network. They get "failed to connect" I give them the IP Address for this computer/the one listed in the console client

14. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

And if you run without the console, they can?

15. eSportler

sounds like you've forgotten to forward the port from your router to the pc the server is running on.

16. Borgius

Borgius Tentacle Wrangler

server starts and sees players but not a team does not work, including start-up message

17. supernet2

supernet2 Existential Complex

Tested for 3 days now, it functions on VMware 10.0 + work station, and on vsphere machines.

0 need to interact with the program or the application, settings used was a 2hour auto restart function, the fatal safes or "safety" nets are perfect. Thanks for making this currently what i consider "Bullet proof". Now comes the hard parts... just adding in extra functionality.

I'd ask as a priority for suggestions is;

Webgui includes a start function; This is just for when the safety nets dont trip up, say someone else whos defined as a admin can go about and restart the service. So far on my end it works flawlessly.

Extra features i'd like to request but are of lesser importance...

Console commands in the webgui, broadcast function and possibly item spawn ins for starters, and some things taken from starrybounds initial idea.

The most important parts to me are in the order of concern to me with 1 being the most concern and lower number being of lesser concern:

1. IP Banning
    2. UUID Banning
    3. Automated restart function
    4. Safety nets to automate restart earlier than defined restart time if server crippling errors occur
    5. Admin/staff commands (ex: Broadcast, Item generating, Build revoking/enabling)
    6. Automated backup/restore function for universe/world files defined based on # of "registered" worlds
    7. Automate kicking of users generating errors that result in the client side crashing the server (Ex: Player UUID generates ??? time of lag, then kick, based on world thread affected)
    Anything else as i see it is just gravy.

Oh and theirs 0 memory leaks, i got a stable server staying afloat with 5mb-3gb in RAM consumption, only real ram issues relate to the server itself and its inability to correctly clear out player junk data (.world data) and when some world threads die incorrectly and leave more junk data behind in the server (eventually leading to a bloating of the server ram consumption up to 60gb at least in my experiences) before complete server system lockup/shutdown. Thanks to VMware though this is a easy 1sec-30sec restart process and having the server back up and afloat instead of a server system lockup.

eSportler likes this.
  18. eSportler

can you give us a more detailed view?
    Didn't understand what you mean with "but not a team does not work" ^^

19. Borgius

Borgius Tentacle Wrangler

already running, he corrected for the night :)

As administrator, you can add, if a dynamic ip?

20. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

Anyone knows if this is still in development?

I've hopped over to the Starlight source, I managed to get the whispers re-enabled and some minor visul corrections, but the packet decompressor seems to crash when a newely made char logs into the server - not sure yet what does that (might be even mods), since i'm kinda bad with Java/Eclipse/debugging - but i'll do more testing, it will take time sadly :(

Anyway, if this still is in development, there's quite a few nice solutions in Starlight code, so Icer might check that too if he hasn't yet.

Till we get some functions in the server itself, ISSMConsole still seems the most stable solution.