1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Novakid+ 1.4

playable mod race of the Novakid/Anodynes

1. Holgast

Holgast Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think the ship is fine, personally. I'm loving this so far, can't wait for racial clothes and stuff.

2. Kytteh

Kytteh Void-Bound Voyager

Bietol likes this.
  3. Djdog330

Djdog330 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Guys when I try to start with my new Novakid it says 'Client-server connection no longer valid' I tried a few times and then I get an error that has been showing up ALOT lately.
    I have tonnes of mods, so would it be an incompatibility?
    I have:
    Batman
    builderdevice
    bunnykin
    ColoredFlashlights
    CreativeMode
    FCSMod
    forcefield
    halfwarps
    kobold
    novakid
    novakid+
    Penguins (Doesn't work if u put it in mods :( )
    Sciencestation
    Proguns
    RaceAbilities 1.2
    roboegg
    Rocket Boost
    Tabula Rasa 1.5
    and one called xbox...? these are the file names. (Oh xbox file is my Race Slots one)
    Any help? (Ik I have tonnes of mods. Yeaaah...I should get rid of most of them xD)
    EDIT: I had tonnes of players, so I deleted them, testing...
    ...Nope doesn't work still.

4. InevitableChoice

InevitableChoice Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The mod works fine, one(or more) of your other mods are the problem.

5. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

Sweet? The ship, the respawn animation, the codex, all that is pretty much what I expected from the Novakids, not those wannabee Betakids. It even makes excellent use of the merge functionality, so it'll be compatable with a wide variety of mods.

By the way, perhaps I could help out with the novakids' object descriptions? This race seems to be lacking in them, so I wonder what they say when examining certain objects? (Do they use the default object descriptions that are applied to objects when you mouse over them while they're in your inventory?) Also, while I find the respawn animation pretty funny, I'd imagine that they'd use a funnel to pour the liquids inside the bottle without overspilling anything?

6. novaglitch

novaglitch Void-Bound Voyager

hey you should consider working with BlastRed to make an awesome novakid mod! It would speed up the process of the thousands of sprites you two would need to do individually :D

7. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

it might be alittle cliche to give them a texen accent wen they examen things

but in a good way

8. esiao

esiao Master Chief

Hello, there's an issue with "Industrialization Starbound Edition" mod.
    When you create the character it says "Client-server connection no longer valid"
    If you remove this mod, create your character and then add it again it works fine.

Anyway very cool mod, couldn't wait to have them implemented officially.

9. Supergeek

Supergeek Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Dat respawn animation. Brilliant.

The train ship is pretty awesome too. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

10. Grave110

Grave110 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

that ship is exactly what i was thinking what the novakids ship would look like i love you ;) awesome job

11. Slug

Slug Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Really, there is no way this could be better looking, or better made. I cannot believe how good this mod race is.

12. Grave110

doesn't work with Industrialization: Starbound Edition:( but still an awsome mod

13. Grave110

mods works first make your character then load it first time then add your mods and play ;)

14. Viney

Viney Yeah, You!

My betakids isn't working with novakids+ for some reason. I tried several times. None of which have worked. Can you fix this? Or should I delete the betakids?

15. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

Not really the point, but why in the Whole Sort Of General Mish Mash are you trying to stick two mods that offer essentially the exact same race?

16. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

Oh my gosh... Just installed it and made a character. Must say - a tad sad that there are so few Brand Options, but I'm sure that will change in the future.
    First impressions: Wonderful race (as is to be expected from the original thinker-upper of said race) hilarious codex entries (I'm especially curious about the clam bit) and by far the best ship in Starbound (and I haven't even beamed down to the planet yet!) I sincerely hope you keep updating this even after the "official" Novakids are out... Maybe as... Some kind of geneti- Erm... Chemical offshoot of the "originals".

17. Oh, I totally forgot to consider the stats on the starter outfits! I just grabbed whatever looked like it could work on them.
    I may have to work on some derivative gear this weekend, then.

I suppose I could make some more brands; I just don't want to flood the options with same-looking "noise."
    As for the post "official" Novakid release, I'll probably keep this mod minimally maintained (so your characters aren't rendered unplayable), but move my focus towards a "reskin" mod for the official assets.

18. Rawr0w0

Rawr0w0 Void-Bound Voyager

I create my novakid, get to the character select, click the character to load in, and get the client error.
    I tried the fix mentioned about creating the character and THEN adding in the other mods, still nothing.
    Currently running with : Amfin, Avali, Character Creation (Xan's), Community Hairstyles Pack, Creative Mode, Custom Colors, Ethereal, Familar, Felins, HP Energy Gauge, Insectlids, Kaenid, Kemono, Koto retex, Mephetor, Novakid+, Podotheca, PodSafe, Ponex, Argonian, Sasubound, Varan, and Vulpes.

Running on a Windows 8.1 x64
    Dell Inspiron 15r Touchscreen

19. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

20. Rawr0w0

Rawr0w0 Void-Bound Voyager

already tried that.
    Error: UniverseServer exception caught: MapException: Key 'novakid+StarterTreasure' not found in Map::get()
    is apparently where it broke