1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

MISSING DERRICK-need help finding certain creature

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Yzzey, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

27/7/16
    Note: With the release of 1.0, and even before that, Derrick's head part, the part that made him Derrick, is gone. He's no longer possible to find in game. The same applies to all his cousins. So for now, the Derrick search is an impossible task.

[​IMG]
    Dear readers, as you can see from the poster, I have lost a friend. If you see him on any planet, or anyone resembling him, please type the coordinates of the planet and post it here.
    Last known picture of derrick
    [​IMG]
    CREDITS TO- 1110Soulite, who graciously agreed to draw Derrick and allowed me to post it here.
    Anatomy of Derrick:
    In the event that Derrick is found dead, This diagram was designed for easy identification of him.
    [​IMG]
    I can just imagine this little guy locking Derrick up somewhere out of jealousy
    [​IMG]
    Amazing photo of Derrick made by Jedah_Padawana!
    [​IMG]
    (Tl;DR One of my pets got erased after an update and i want to find him. Tell me if you see him on a planet.)
    Banners:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  2. Dang, this is sad. I'll let you know if I find him.

3. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

thanks!

Kitten Pryde likes this.
  4. [​IMG]

"Derrick...? Are you in there?"

5. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

Not to rain on your parade but the gods hit the giant reset button.

The location you provided is useless.

You have my condolences

TremendousWall likes this.
  6. [​IMG]

Day: 01 of the search for Derrick,

I've just random FTL jumped from my home planet to another unknown solar system. I've taken it upon myself to begin the long hard search for the one they call Derrick... After a long days searching I stop to admire the view from atop a small jungle hill, the bizarre gravitational anomalies I've found on this planet are beautiful and baffling... But not as baffling as that of Derricks disappearance.

I must press on.

7. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Yeah, I know:cry:. That was his original home planet. And as I stated, His entire species seemed to have disappeared from there. But it was his home, so it seems like a good place to start the search. Also, thanks for the moral support everyone! I don't know how else i would cope with the disappearance of my best friend without your support!

8. Ciurrioc

Ciurrioc Star Wrangler

There's just too much win in this thread. good luck

TremendousWall, RexBox and The | Suit like this.
  9. The bitter rain bit at his feet, turning the grainy dirt below him into a steadily thickening carpet of mud. But what did it matter? The end of the world, maybe even the universe had come and gone, and all the accomplishments of his past life had crumbled into nothingness. The world now laughed at him with the terrible weather.

His many stacks of coal and diamond -- an entire base a refuge for his race against the Floran menace -- the sanctuary in a sector of madness, all vanished in the face of that blasted quantum virus.

But that wasn't what his amphibian heart hurt for the most.

He apathetically looked up, squinting into the howling wind, careless of whether any monster would approach his hastily constructed hut. A bolt of lightning lit up the entire countryside, vast hills yawning above his head.

It may have been more than immoral to not give a minute's worth of thought to all of those lost Hylotl lives, and a sin against avarice to so easily cast away the material trappings his base had boasted. Hylotl tradition dictated otherwise -- but it meant nothing to him.

Lazily, he poked at the mud below his feet. Rivulets of especially muddy water would drain in between small pebbles that spotted the landscape. His eyes followed the small stream of dirty water until it came to the feet of a beast far away. Was it... truly? He blinked and looked more closely, his clammy skin heating up a little.

No.

It was a pink aphid monster. He raised his sniper and fired a dispassionate shot, easily dispatching the beast. The disgusting beast exploded and threw up a small collection of pixels.

He opened the door and walked back inside the hut, kicked the platypus-tiger off of his favorite seat, and sank into the rocking chair.

Back and forth, back and forth, as he watched Derrick's picture on the wall just hang there.

The last relic of a reconstituted universe a crude mishmash of pixels, and the last piece of identity the hut housed as he sank into the eternal sleep of winter cold.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  10. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

11. I probably shouldn't bring up the chances of finding a Derrick species.

12. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

Captains log. Brass told me to glass every planet and return to cyrosleep. I was assigned a portion of sector gamma....

Many many inhabited worlds were destroyed, I feel sorry for any poor sap who returned after the terraforming.

I return to slumber awaiting the next wipe.

Ἄνουβις likes this.
  13. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Well, I'd say there is a low chance, but still a chance. You ever see this koala thing? Purple and green, with a fabulous tail? I have seen it many times on the internet, on different planets in big groups. I've even met it personally once on a planet. If that little guy can be generated so many times, hopefully, out of the billions of planets, a few kind souls will come many planets housing Derrick and his brethren , and we can be together again,
    Edit: (Here's the picture. It's the little purple guy in the right corner,https://twitter.com/GameGrin/status/420854507388813312/photo/1)

14. krylo

krylo Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Maybe, but it isn't zero. As far as I'm concerned, that makes it the same as a 100% chance.

15. If you don't even give it 1%, then you fail 100% of the time.

Even if it takes post wipe, the day I see a little orange/yellow lizard with a blue shell and blue hair, damn right its name's gonna be Derrick.

16. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Yeah! Like what I usually say, as long as there Isn't a 0% chance, theres a 100% chance if you try enough times.
    I can't stop rereading this.. the feels are too great...

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  17. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Attention readers!
    With the update of Furioua Koala, any information or coordinates where Derrick could be have been rendered obsolete. So now, I am offering 5 diamonds in exchange for any new information on Derrick's whereabouts. Please help me find my friend. It has been almost a month since he left and I miss him greatly.

18. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Derrick hasn't been forgotten! - I've been keeping my eyes peeled :p

The universe is only SO big, he can't hide forever!

19. Black--snow

Black--snow Cosmic Narwhal

One day Derrick's species will gain space flight technology, and one day you will meet him once again and all the 'feels' shall flow!

20. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

One day...*sniffles* one day......

fuzzyzombielove likes this.