1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuufuu

Fuufuu Subatomic Cosmonaut

About my Bug, You were right, It was a borked Metadata File :s I was able to pinpoint the planet I used the codex on. and... yea.. Its working, with the house I had and everything.
    Sooo... yea.. I'll try and find the book again, If its still there.

Edit: Soo After loading back, And traveling towards the avian village I found the book in. The only out of place and Avian Related Codex I had was "A doctrine of the Grounded" Codex. Then "Control yourself" And then "An avali journey begins" , "An Avali introduction", "Intercept #37821"
    Sooo yea.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  2. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

BTW if anyone has some cool screenshots they want to share (especially ones that look good in a narrow left-to-right band), feel free to post them here, I'm looking for up-to-date pics I can use on the front page of the mod

EDIT: Little preview for folks, still WIP but gives a good idea how my current plans for the ship will look (May be subject to change)
    [​IMG]

It has the same dimensions as the standard player ships, so when the ship upgrade system comes out I'll be able to implement that properly, whereas custom, exotically shaped craft will likely have issues.

Dawnkeeper likes this.
  3. dark lord derpy

dark lord derpy Big Damn Hero

Woah, that ship is pretty awesome!

4. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

BTW in next update I'm going to try use a very slightly modified head sprite (subject to further tweaks) and see what people think of the change

[​IMG]

I can't help shake the feeling the current sprite feels too much like it's side-one, needs to be more angled to match the 3/4 profile of the body and starbound's sprites.

So yeah, Doctrine of the grounded would have been the avian book you found. Control Yourself is the instructions on how to play that all characters get. Avali introduction/journey begins, Intercept #37821 are the 3 Avali starting codex, so they all seem to be working ok; guess the game just had a brainfart :lod:

5. Unxie

Unxie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Awesome Mod Race :3 , so happy to have been able to try it out! Btw i have just 1 thing to ask , it seems that while testing the race (female avali) it holds the hunting bow a bit off the paws of the avali that looks a bit awkward , wanted to know if its just me or still needs to be adjusted :)

6. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Yeah i need tweak the arms a bit as the bow sits too far forward. However as is says in the readme the females arn't implemented yet, the sprite sheets are a mix of male parts and horribly out of date parts, best stick to males for now.

7. Unxie

Unxie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Gotcha , still i enjoy the female color pattern :3

8. Fuufuu

Yeaaa it did feel One sided. Though with this one, You are making it look 3/4 And that new sprite is a very nice ProgressX3 !
    Also, I have more books I didn't even bother using in fear of making it brainfart again @ ~@;

9. shinyarceus4

shinyarceus4 Pangalactic Porcupine

10. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

I'm afraid to say i havn't a clue. Given you're the only person to report this error (That wasn't fixed by following the instructions) it's probably not tied to the mod, so you'll probably have more luck checking the billing/support forum.

11. minipidge123

minipidge123 Void-Bound Voyager

Reiterating potential fix from earlier: check whether this mod works without your other race mods installed. If that works, reinstall them one by one to see which one breaks it.

sydjanus and shinyarceus4 like this.
  12. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

RyuujinZERO updated Avali Race Mod with a new update entry:

0.12 - Some minor quality improvements

Read the rest of this update entry...

I've made good progress on their ship, however I don't believe it'll be finished tonight, so I decided to go ahead and post the other changes now so folks can play with the most up to date build.

13. Fuufuu

Awesome~ ! Thanks ! And I can't wait to see what kind of ship you made them have :O !

14. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

[​IMG] *teases*

Seems all the problems people have sent in today solved themselves, none were due to my mod xD - thats a reflief

Fuufuu likes this.
  15. shinyarceus4

shinyarceus4 Pangalactic Porcupine

I followed minipidge's advice, and it seems like the problem lies with the BetaKids mod. I've uninstalled it, and the game runs fine now. Thanks!

RyuujinZERO likes this.
  16. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

So far I haven't run into anything major but I should test and see what race mods it doesn't do well with.

17. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

Ok so new thing discovered. Downloaded the ponybound mod and the ponex for a friend when joining my server. I think something conflicted on my avali character because my entire ship turned dark and I had no teleport pad.

18. Fuufuu

OMG THAT LOOKS SO NICE :D ! I CAN'T WAIT `> w< !!

19. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Sounds like universe_server.config isn't merging properly. i have heard of people having that issue (It's an issue with the game engine itself and not isolated to anyone one race mod), you could try manually merging them by copying over the relevant entries, ie. the line for the avali dropship into ponybound's universe_server.config... is the ship sprite still being rendered or has that vanished completely?

20. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

The ship is still there just...everything is invisible and unusable in the ship.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.