1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Colonies: v1.0.0 [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Outdated Mods' started by severedskullz, Dec 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yep!!! That will do it. I just looked at his "mod" and the way he asks you to install them is completely incorrect for current versions. At the time there was no mod support. NEVER, EVER, EVER, change your bootstrapper for resources for current versions of the game or future versions.

FluiD96 likes this.
  2. Moonpanzor

Moonpanzor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yea looking back at somethings, i noticed a few of new recipes in my stations I didn't notice before, that mod messed with a bit

3. ZombieArron

ZombieArron Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A little curious about where i can place structure pads. Its red everywhere i try to place it.

Zucess likes this.
  4. oniya

oniya Void-Bound Voyager

Gould you make video for mode? so we can better understand how it is working.

I create colony beacon, farm plots, set 1 man to harvest 1 to mine 1 to build build man dont want to build maybe it cant find build plot oO and another strange thing that theirs happiness do not want to grow however that have 39 food. and happiest only 37 =_= i dont understand what to do..
    And do it normal that i play floran and on colony says floran but there are only human colonists come to me :p

5. Needs to have background blocks behind it

As of right now, yes that's normal.

ZombieArron likes this.
  6. oniya

oniya Void-Bound Voyager

do colonists do anything useful for now?

7. Being "usefull" is not the point of this mod.

ahappydude likes this.
  8. Zucess

Zucess Master Chief

Hey awesome Mod, everything seems to be working except that i can't place the Structure-pods and i have human colonists aswell (I'm Hylotl). I have 10/10 colonists and ca.150 food sometimes "quests" pop up even. I don't know if im missing something...
    http://imgur.com/s1lLWTF

9. Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  10. Zucess

Zucess Master Chief

severedskullz likes this.
  11. Soulcake135

Soulcake135 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Skulls I have an Issue with the colonist spawns. I'm floran and proud of it but for some reason the colonists I recieve are all humans in medieval clothing do you have an Idea as to why this would happen?

I currently have
    Starface mod
    Persistent plants
    Logical recipes
    character creation mod
    tiered pixel mod
    spawnbound
    and tabularasa
    If it's a mod conflict Could you tell me which mods I would have to remove to fix it?

(edit)Oh lol NVM SORRY

12. ZombieArron

ZombieArron Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ty dude. I was wondering if its possible to get the mod to work with Electric Home Defense Mod. The turrets in it don't really like the colonists. Maybe something i can change myself?

13. I don't know how that mod works, so I couldn't tell you. See if you can figure out how the turret identifies its targets and talk to the creator about it would be your best bet.

14. oniya

oniya Void-Bound Voyager

i think its because you also can kill them - so they are not 100% friendly, maybe if you can do them like friendly (not killable) so it would not think that they are mobs.
    Defense Mod create turells that attack all mobs in a some radius.
    You should see it - its great and many people use it - i am also ^^
    link: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/electric-home-defense.728/ - on first page of Top mods.

15. Thamm

Thamm Void-Bound Voyager

My Conflict Mod is SS13 Chemistry System
    Delete this I can build my colony

16. I took a look at his mod as well. Yet again, they are not using the correct way of merging player.config files. Take it up with the author at fault.

17. oniya

oniya Void-Bound Voyager

i asked but not gotten an answer: if colonists now only decorative? can they do anything useful?

and new one: how can i get them to build something else than small house (they have build almost more than 10 of them >.<)

18. I responded saying that they aren't really meant to do anything useful. In regards to the building... it is just one building for now. Please note the red text on both the mod page and the first post in this topic. I will say it again: this is a WIP mod. It is not finished. If you feel that it lacks content then stop using it until it is done. If you have criticism on my mod then that is fine, but please at least understand the state of the mod and it's goals first.

19. FluiD96

FluiD96 Tentacle Wrangler

Hey skullz! I'am looking into your mod and wanna ask, can i modify it in some way and can you give me some explanations about LUA modding for that game? And if you need after some explanations i can help with develop. Also i wanna add it to my modpack, can i?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  20. I really don't want my mod in any mod packs right now. I really dislike the idea of mod-packs because the problem with them is if I update the mod, and the creator doesnt update the mod-pack, then players are going to have outdated mods. Then if there was ever an issue with that version of the mod and I had already fixed it in a current version, I will get complaints/bad ratings (Has already happened by the way) due to the fact that they are not using the correct version that is available and through their complete ignorance they continue to harass me about problems that are already resolved.

If you truly want to give me support for my mod, feel free to link to my mod in the description of your mod-pack as some other ones to try. I appreciate the offer and the consideration of my mod as being included in one of your packs, but I have to say no at least until I get a stable/finished version that I am comfortable with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.