Race Meet the Anodynes

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Suika Ibuki, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Just a reminder. This is will be part of the game, as this is a part of the Novakid addition. There's a reason I have this badge.

2. Cowzgomooz_1

Cowzgomooz_1 Void-Bound Voyager

It is going to be an addition? They haven't said anything(unless they did to you) about this being some sort of addition? Unless I missed it.The badge says given to said person for conceptualizing and designing the Noakids doesn't say anything about your addition....?

3. Atlus

Atlus Big Damn Hero

They won't be a player race but I think they're going to be an NPC species connected to their story.

4. Cowzgomooz_1

Cowzgomooz_1 Void-Bound Voyager

Oh I would rather the Anodynes to be the player race to be honest but that would be awesome.

5. Captainpeels146

Captainpeels146 Tentacle Wrangler

this is freaking awesome

6. Ugh. Look at the Novakids suggestion thread. Do you see anywhere where I helped design these guys apart from inspiring? [inspiration != conceptualizing and/or designing]. These Novakids are not the exact same one as the Novakids who are going to be ingame. The ingame Novakids are going to consist of both this race and the suggestion Novakid.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...es_developers_of_indie_game/c9f5eax?context=5

Shilaila likes this.
  7. CondescendedWow

CondescendedWow Supernova

kinda reminds me of the novakids. You should team up with bietol and make different types of these species

8. Bosht

Bosht Space Spelunker

Omg so sexy =O IMPLEMENT!! PLEEEEEEZE

9. kipth3cat

kipth3cat Void-Bound Voyager

I really think that anodynes should have been a DLC skin thingy for the novakid race :I

Preorder maybe?

10. The5lacker

The5lacker Phantasmal Quasar

Exclusive content bad.

ProkhorVLG, MoonyJello and pigrocket like this.
  11. CondescendedWow

CondescendedWow Supernova

Yea, feels like a bad idea for a game like starbound. But the anodynes do look like a ripped version of the novakid

12. The5lacker

Um...The Novakid were inspired by the Anodynes dude.

13. Or maybe he's commenting on the Anodynes' rock-hard pecs.

(But yes, it is correct to say that the Novakid are derived from the Anodynes)

MoonyJello and pigrocket like this.
  14. The5lacker

Fair enough, they are pretty ripped.

Or, shattered, as the case may be.

15. That was kind of our plan before we both made both Novakid and Anodyne race. His would be an altered version of mine. Mine would have rocky particles and advanced roman/greco culture while Bietol's would have a face brand and a western, nomad cowboy-esque culture.

When they showed the preview for the ingame Novakids, it lacked any sort of distinguishable feature for the Anodynes [the ingame Novakid contains both Bietol's Novakids and these Anodynes]. In the previous pages of this thread you can see some possible solutions that have come up on how to fix it. I actually wished Chucklefish would have contacted us both to work together to come up with a combined idea before releasing the preview. At least then I would be receiving less "omg these guys are Novakid ripoffs death to OP"

16. One!

One! Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Look like energy golems with Greece culture. This is perfect race for me.

17. The5lacker

Ah well, nothin' much you can do about it. Does seem strange that Chucklefish wouldn't try to work with both of you guys on this before doing a big official announcement.

18. Starsly

Starsly Big Damn Hero

So uh, is someone going to add this as a modded playable race? I mean. You know, when the novakid announcement came out I though that the anodynes were cooler. (No offence Bietol, the novakids are cool too.)

19. None taken ;)
    And it is possible to play as an Anodyne-type Novakid with this mod if you select the right hairstyle and no brand.

Silvestre and Starsly like this.
  20. Hasu105

Hasu105 Subatomic Cosmonaut

It is actually possible the anodynes could be a non-playable race, seeing as the Agaran (NPC race as well) is also included in Starbound. That is my only thought on this matter.

DTBKiller likes this.