1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Kawa's xbawks-mode character creator 3.8.1

T̶w̶e̶n̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶i̶x̵ thirty-six oughta be enough for now.

1. Tekamonn

Tekamonn Big Damn Hero

How exactly do I install THIS mod.

Never mind, I was completely over-complicating things :p

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  2. Hebi

Hebi Subatomic Cosmonaut

I installed both this and yet another homestuck mod but the troll race doesn't seem to appear on my character creation.

3. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I have this, Felins (ofcourse), Kangaru (why? for the glory of Santa ofcourse!) and a freshly downloaded and installed YAHS. Aside from the portrait being too large by far and the quest and codex data not using __merge, there are no problems as far as I can tell.

Perhaps you unpacked it wrong? It should be so that troll.modinfo goes in \mods\troll\.

4. Hebi

Hebi Subatomic Cosmonaut

That is how it's unpacked, do I have to update the index or is that no longer a thing?

5. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Indices are no longer a thing, no. But! The trolls mod is broken and I highly suggest you leave it be until its author makes it use __merge in all places it should be used.

6. Hebi

Hebi Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ah is that why it won't show up?

7. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Look.

I don't know what the problem is with your copy of the game, but it works on mine, even if the trolls mod is technically broken. Once more, I'm gonna have to suggest completely removing the whole game, reinstalling, and starting from a clean slate. That ought to get rid of any lingering things from earlier clogging up the works.

8. AFlyingMuffin

AFlyingMuffin Void-Bound Voyager

Can someone tell me how to instal this mod? I have no idea :/

9. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Unpack in Starbound\mods\, preserve directory structure. If you already have another extender, like SECC, there may be conflicts as they both change essentially the same files and only the one loaded last survives.

10. AFlyingMuffin

AFlyingMuffin Void-Bound Voyager

thanks!!

11. jazari

jazari Scruffy Nerf-Herder

where does the xbox.modinfo go

12. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

:cry:

13. MooseyGoosey

MooseyGoosey Yeah, You!

Hey i was wondering if you could help me. the download saves the file as .rar and is opening with notpad by defaut, is this right?

nvm figured it out

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  14. Nerfa617

Nerfa617 Orbital Explorer

how do i install this? the API wont show up.

15. Nerfa617

Nerfa617 Orbital Explorer

i cant seem to install any mod without something happening and i dont know how to install this mod to get those mods to work so i need a tutorial.

16. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

By default, the character creator has only six species buttons -- human, avian, apex, floran, hylotl, glitch. If you install a mod that adds one or more new species, there is no space for these new species to appear. A character creation extender mod like this one replaces the window image to make space, and the window definition to define extra buttons. This one specifically makes room for up to 32 different species, including the six defaults. That's what an extender is.

You install only one of these. If you install two, there'll be a conflict and whichever was loaded last gets to go on screen.

So that means when you've collected a bunch of species mods you'd like to play and extract them into Starbound's mods folder, you won't see the option to play as these species until you also install an extender like this one. And you install an extender exactly the same way you'd install another mod.

17. Aidan

Aidan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

:rofl: It surprises me people don't know how to extract anything..anyways Kawa, and this is a real question, Im trying to install your feline mod with this, but whenever I open the feline species file , I cannot find any index that I need to change ? o - o You said look in the species file of that mod..so

18. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

The Angry Koala update did away with that.

19. Aidan

Aidan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ahh so now I should just put this and your race in the mods folder?

20. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Yes. Same goes for all other Angry-compatible and not otherwise broken in some creatively silly way species mods.

Even if their .modinfo file specifies a dependancy on, say, SECC. It's as safe to remove that dependancy as it gets as long as you have an extender.