1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Logistics Frigate 1.3 (Furious Koala)

Large, spacious ship with custom internals (powergamer edition)

1. beeftime

beeftime Void-Bound Voyager

beeftime submitted a new mod:

Logistics Frigate - Large, spacious ship with custom internals (working preview)

Read more about this mod...

2. Xenoprophet_Nail

Xenoprophet_Nail Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Very nice and sleek, can't wait to use this ship in my adventures. It's the perfect size for a space hoarder like myself! lol

3. Dead Squirrel

Dead Squirrel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's awfully pretty. Did you make the background/exterior from scratch? You have some sweet talent.

4. Ciurrioc

Ciurrioc Star Wrangler

Sweet ship, love the design, excellent work :D

5. beeftime

Thanks for the compliments, guys. I'm happy people like my stuff.
    Anyway, per suggestions on the mod page, here's a preview of the next version:
    [​IMG]

6. tiltos

tiltos Void-Bound Voyager

Beautiful artwork!

Suggestion: Perhaps you could look at adding some consoles etc in the deadspace behind the captain's chair? That is unless you are looking at making custom terminal objects (which would be awesome)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  7. Traijan

Traijan Cosmic Narwhal

Now using this ship for my humans. Worked out really well too as I came across a rather large friendly Floran village that has a ton of "oversized" furnishings that fit right in place with the rather large compartments of this ship.

Thanks for the ship, it's really really nice.

8. beeftime

^^^
    Oh, awesome. Would you mind posting up a few screenshots of how you end up decorating it? I'm curious to see others' takes on it

In fact....! Untitled-3.png
    That's what I'm working on just now (this is an extremely rough WIP). Still figuring out adding items and getting them to work right, animation in starbound, etc.
    Once I finish the standard ship fixtures and tweak a few more things (the ship is ~1px off in a few spots) I'll release the "powergamer" version, which will have everything within reach of the bridge. After that I'll release the... I don't know... "nerd" version which will have everything placed according to ~verisimilitude~ which will have some additional ship fixtures like expanded storage and a little furniture/decoration pack.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
    tiltos likes this.
  9. Araknae

Araknae Orbital Explorer

First of all, amazing ship. Absolutely my favorite I've seen ever. I'm dying with anticipation for the yellow version.
    I'm sure you're already aware, but just in case: there are a couple pixels on the stationblocks image that make placing background tiles impossible. Each door has one in the bottom-right-hand corner and there is another on the right half of the hallway leading to the bridge.

beeftime likes this.
  10. beeftime

ah awesome, I missed that entirely. Thanks!

11. beeftime

beeftime updated Logistics Frigate with a new update entry:

Now with selectable colors! (and minor graphical tweaks)

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. Asatrix

Asatrix Guest

I'm considering corrupting gray or yellow as a floran backwards engineering or bioengineering. Yellow or gray look like the best for the standard overhaul, Green would be the obvious choice for the bioengineered version. Though I'm only on gimp so i'll see what I can do. That is, IF its alright with you since they already do look amazing.

13. Foxling

Foxling Void-Bound Voyager

Am I the only one not seeing the different colors? I downloaded from the 1.1, the preview, and the main download button, but all I see is the default blue.

14. Asatrix

Asatrix Guest

Yeah I keep looking for the other files. You not include them yet Beef? They definitely aren't there.

15. ProfessorPi

ProfessorPi Space Spelunker

I got the same issue o_O. Maybe they haven't updated the download link yet.

16. Asatrix

Asatrix Guest

bleh looking at it I don't think i'm terribly capable with gimp at the moment. not being able to find everything I would need to make a conversion. I might just start asking for help on this notion of mine. It'd be really cool to see a bio-organic of this ship, with like the plantmatterstone, leaves and vines, plantplatforms and whatnot but I would only really be able to best show you by sketching it up by hand.

Edit: also still didnt update

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2014
  17. beeftime

Hey, sorry guys, I've been trying to upload the newest .zip but for whatever reason it just doesn't want to take. Here's an external link that I'll put on the mod page:
    https://www.mediafire.com/?2qqm3v1gggsrf1c

Looks like it finally took! Sorry about the delay.

Asatrix, throw up the sketch and if I can see a quick way to kitbash it together or whatever I'll try to knock it out. If not, the next ship I'll do I'll include a tutorial. At any rate, I suggest you try it yourself! Take a look at the existing Starbound stuff to get a feel for the style and just give it a shot. GIMP is a perfectly fine program to use for this sort of thing.

Attached Files:

18. Asatrix

Asatrix Guest

Yeah I'm still learning the tools and whatnot. I can find everything but the ship vines I have an appointment that its a couple hours away. I'll make sure to print out a version of yer ship to sketch up If I can figure out how to do this properly to something as awesome as this ship, i'll have better hopes for free-handing larger projects such as my dream goal of making the USS Hubble from Star Trek
    and Yay it worked.

Edit: On a more related note would you know where to best find the clean version of the vines? I'll definitely be in touch as I will be using alternate lighting sources entirely (the toxic blooms and some of the better floran lighting once I can find it) figured it was best to stick with "floranizing" for a bit before I tried my hand at free form bio-organics. it may be a couple days before I get the sketch up onto my deviantart but I'll see what I can do on my down times. Got a lot of traveling over the next few days

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2014
  19. ProfessorPi

ProfessorPi Space Spelunker

Not a problem, Worth the wait (imo). Great job on the colorization and layout by the way, this ship is going to have a lot of decorations and after party shots.

20. tiltos

tiltos Void-Bound Voyager

Beeftime, I'd love to have a go at making a smaller class of ship based on your great theme and spritework here.

Ixantir likes this.