1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Furry Friendly Starbound Server (Modpack Updated 4/7/2015, Races, Music, Improvements and more!)

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by Snowpup, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Snowpup

Snowpup Giant Laser Beams

Server is offline. Check in for future updates.

Click here for working modpack. Updated 07/08/2015, working with Spirited Giraffe.

Archived post below (ignore the blank spoiler, some weird post-preview/Xenforo bug).

Download the modpack here:
    http://www.furrybound.com/FurryboundMods.rar

THIS SERVER PROVIDES FUEL UPON REGISTERING IN-GAME! YOU WILL NEVER BE STRANDED ON THE HOMEWORLD AGAIN! ("/register name pass" in the server to receive.)

One of the biggest features introduced in this update on 02/26/2015 is the ability to create a user/pass authentication for yourself. This means

To register simply log into the server with one of your characters and type "/register name password". Once that is done log out and log back in with those credentials. It's that simple! Please choose a username and password you will remember! Keep the password unique! Passwords are salted and hashed in our database.

Visual tutorial for registering in quote below:
    We will also be keeping and adding (improved) commands. The full command list can be found below:

Code:
    /help - Prints a list of available commands.[/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B]
    [B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B]
    /help command - Prints information about a specific command.

/me message - Sends the message as an action to all players on the planet.

/motd - Prints the current message of the day.

/r message - Responds to the last player who whispered you.

/register username password - Register an account with the server.

/ship - Warps you to your ship. <Can warp from any location, any time.>

/spawn - Moves the ship to the spawn planet.

/w player message - Whispers a player.

/who - Lists the players connected to the server.

/who_planet - Lists the players on your planet.

/addbuilder player - Adds a user to the builder list for this planet.

/bookmark name - Adds this planet to the bookmark list with a friendly name for quick navigation.

/bookmarks - Prints a list of bookmarks.

/delbookmark name - Deletes a bookmark.

/goto bookmarkName - Moves the ship to the specified bookmark.

/my_names - Prints the claimed nicknames. They are claimed upon log-in on a registered account, with a limit of 20 nicknames per user.

/protect bookmarkName - Prevents players without authorization from editing this planet and adds it to your bookmarks. Up to five planets per user can be protected.

/protect_list - Prints the users that can build on this planet and how many planets you protected.

/release name - Releases the nickname if it was claimed by you.

/removebuilder player - Removes a player from the builder list for this planet.

/unprotect - Releases this protected planet.

We plan on adding more features as time goes on. If you have any suggestions for what you would like to see please let us know!

That is all for now; please hop in and give it a try, share with us your thoughts, and most of all have fun!

Happy bounding!

Also as a note, EVERYONE must RE-REGISTER (if you wish to that is, it is not required!)
    All the old accounts were purged and must be re-made.
    Our site is currently down for logging in/webchat. It will be returning shortly.X3

Current mod list!

ABDL (D; )
    Assorted Crafting Things

Avali
    Avian Feathers
    Block Builder
    ColorBound
    Creative Mode
    Enhanced Storage (Standard Edition)
    Extended GUI (Larger Crafting Window)
    Extended Songbook (Larger Songbook Screen)
    Extra Zoom Levels
    Familiar race
    Felin Intro -----> Removed per creator request
    Felin Objects
    Felin race
    Furniture Recycling
    Force Gates
    Gravitron Projectors
    Gyrusens
    Item Broadcaster
    Kangaru race
    Kazdra race
    Kemono race -----> Removed per creator request
    Kineptic race
    Lazarus Dungeons -----> Removed per creator request
    Light Drones
    Mephetor race
    Mighty Music Pack
    Moar Keyboards
    Moar Music
    Mysterious Stars
    Neko race
    Novakid Speech Lines
    Otta (Otter Race)
    Pixel Goods Store
    Pack & Print
    Sergals
    Shadow Casting Lights
    Starbound Easy Mode ------> Removed (Not sure how it got here)
    Starry's Music Mod
    Stained Glass

Starmount
    The Pony Pack
    Useless Meteors
    Viera race
    Vulpes race
    Wave Diver Luthier Music Pack
    Wire Overhaul
    xbawks Character Creation Extender

Modpack updated 4/25/2015
    Download the modpack here:

http://www.furrybound.com/FurryboundMods.rar

Hello everyone! I am the owner of a very friendly server that strives to have the best player interaction, user integration, and community of any Starbound server out there.

I welcome everyone to join!

Connect to the server using star.furrybound.com

There is an auto-restart script in place if the server ever happens to go down.

Auto-restarts are no longer a thing! Moving to Windows VPS has rectified the memory leak.

No PK'ing unless both parties consent, and no house/ship destruction.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  2. Forti

Forti Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm not up on the server play thing, but I've seen threads that make this seem an issue: can I use mods of my own?

3. Snowpup

Absolutely! As long as they aren't game-breaking mods (I.E. item spawning mods, major mining mods, or ridiculously destructive guns).

The reason I don't like item spawning mods is we do have a good trading community here.

4. Forti

Forti Scruffy Nerf-Herder

nah, the mods I mainly use are cosmetic/vanity shtuffs like maybe a race mod. Closest things to item mods I have are those like "empress' new clothes" or the "bigger chests" mod that gives you treasure chests with more capacity.

5. Snowpup

Those are quite fine, just know others won't be able to see you if you're rocking those mods, which kind of sucks.

This server plans on adding mods in the future once the server can push them to clients. Devs said it's in the works. ^^

6. SkylesTheOtter

SkylesTheOtter Star Wrangler

I won't mind joining.X3 And I would love an otter race mod xwx

Vampiz likes this.
  7. XaosWolf

XaosWolf Void-Bound Voyager

I'll wait until the next update is out before I have a look. (Hopefully it'll be out by the time I'm off work at the end of the week)

But once the Mod pushing is a-go, this'll be super entertaining. Doubly so once they get Editing Rights for ships and bases put in place. =D

EDIT: I see you're already looking into the StarBind thing. =P

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  8. MrSandwich

MrSandwich Void-Bound Voyager

Server's awesome, but right now I'm having trouble joining as it says the server doesn't exist even though I was just on it a few seconds ago.

9. Snowpup

I plan on adding these mods once servers can push them to clients. Truth be told they're all already on the server, but I cannot enact or endorse their use until I can be sure all clients; or the majority of them can use them. Otherwise you will appear invisible and that would be a problem.

Starbind is being finicky and I'm gaining no support from the creator sadly. I don't see it going anywhere.

Terribly sorry about that, it did go down momentarily. We are back up now of course.

10. Adam05PL

Adam05PL Pangalactic Porcupine

When I join server after a second it disconnects me saying Client-server connection is not valid anymore ;c Does anyone know how to fix that? Server seems awesome, and I would love to play with other furries :)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  11. Sn0wman

Sn0wman Big Damn Hero

Seems like it's busted to chops, heh.
    Got the boot whilst I was painting some shiz, server's probably vomiting all over the place.

12. Snowpup

Yeah sorry guys, it did hang up. I just did a reset. I'm going to try and setup an SMS notification page of sorts so you guys can report this and I can reset the server from my phone upon receiving notification.

We're up and running fine now, come on in. :)

13. ProfessorPi

ProfessorPi Space Spelunker

So I made a booboo with the server. The character name I use is Professor Pi, the file got corrupted somehow and when I made my new Professor Pi it tells me I cannot join under that name despite the fact I am using the same laptop and IP if that has anything to do with it, if there a fix on this or do I have to get my friend to hold all my junk while I yet again make a new character?

14. SkylesTheOtter

SkylesTheOtter Star Wrangler

Aws~, says I'm having an error connecting to your server. xnx

15. Adam05PL

I love server so far!

16. Snowpup

Character names are stored with UUIDS and locked down to that UUID. Do you happen to have your old UUID? I can fix it for you. Else it'll take some time finding your file.

Edit: Nevermind filenames are now saved by character names. You've been deleted on the server, just rejoin and all will work fine. ^^

We had a hangup, sorry about that. Come back in!

Glad to hear it!

My laptop will be sent in for repairs this weekend, I won't be around too much (if at all) for about a week. I'm terribly sorry about that.

17. Takenaga_wolfkin

Takenaga_wolfkin Void-Bound Voyager

ship mods ok?

18. Cobalt Lightning

Cobalt Lightning Existential Complex

I would attempt to join, but I sort of worry the one race mod I use your server may not really like.

Mainly, This one. Yes, ponies. Say what you want, but you know it's a good mod because it's a non-humanoid race.

Last server I attempted to connect with that didn't have it simply wouldn't let me in. As much as I wanna join in and meet new people, It would be too much of a hassle to move everything to a non-race-mod character.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  19. Adam05PL

The mods that add custom races don't work in multiplayer yet. It's not that people don't like bronies, multiplayer races mod support isn't here yet ( Starbound Is still BETA). We have to play in-game races for now, in case if you want to play multiplayer. Feel free to join our lovely server ^^

20. Cobalt Lightning

Cobalt Lightning Existential Complex

Actually, the mods that add in custom races DO work in multiplayer, only it requires both/all parties to have the same mod(s) else crashing occurs.

prismaticpony and supernet2 like this.