1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Dead Squirrel's Firefly 1.0 Enraged Koala

Firefly/Serenity playership - "You paid money for this, sir? On purpose?"

1. Jake_Kulp

Jake_Kulp Big Damn Hero

2. Dead Squirrel

Dead Squirrel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks, the photos helped! I just went through and fixed those. Finishing up a patch for the invisible blocks under the stairs and adding a few lights. Anything else anyone wants added? I'll get it in tonight.

3. kittentamer

kittentamer Existential Complex

I would request you to make the platforms to get down to the quarters by the bridge 3 wide instead of 2? I have trouble placing myself just right to get back out. Hope I'm not being nit-picky. =P

4. Dead Squirrel

Heh, not really nit-picky. I had considered that myself, and already adjusted the other platforms to be easier to use. If the whole slanted walkway is offset so the doors sit in the center of 3 tiles it might look ok. Gonna take a fair bit of work, though, so I'll finish off this patch and then see what I can do.

EDIT: Biggest hassle is going to be the axillary fuel hatch, since it's only a 2-tile wide room.

5. Jake_Kulp

Jake_Kulp Big Damn Hero

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply and the incoming patch!

6. Dead Squirrel

Dead Squirrel updated Dead Squirrel's Firefly with a new update entry:

Minor update with blocks.png fix

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. kittentamer

kittentamer Existential Complex

I'm personally not worried about the little fuel room. You can access it from above and you don't have to worry about bumping your head jumping out. =P

8. Myrdden42

Myrdden42 Master Chief

Could you make some transparencies around the windows on the bridge? They're black, currently, but it would be really awesome if you could have the veiw from there. Also maybe on the windows in the galley somehow.

I would also like to point out that this is probably the single best thing to happen to this game since the game.

Asatrix and kittentamer like this.
  9. Alabasterwool

Alabasterwool Poptop Tamer

The ship definitely needs some interior lighting, since putting torches everywhere doesn't really do the ship justice.

Asatrix likes this.
  10. Asatrix

Asatrix Guest

Love the updated lighting and details ^^ Another happy buyer here
    Edit:
    okay sort of. I know there's a lot of custom detail there, would it be possible to make it less so or at least that you could put a generalized background so that people could fully customize their firefly? notice the empty background that is used on most ships where you see ship parts? Maybe set that up, I know that using a custom background fits the Serenity better but you have several users already flying fireflies out in the black. Sky's getting too busy to have the same bird flitting about everywhere.

Pros: This is a bloody firefly we are talking about. Epically amazing and detailed. Wonderful work.
    Cons: Interior Customization -1.

Use the empty background for the non removeable walling, with mechanical detailing, plenty of examples can be located throughout the ship mods. I for one would love to make a biomechanic version of this ship. via interior details. Can't really do so if the background is invincible. I have the creative mode mod if I can't take it down with that then yeah its invincible X3

If I had your permission, i'd do so (floranizing it a bit). might take me a while as I will be using Gimp.

Edit II: If I had my way I would edit and re-edit, and all my races would be flying modified fireflies X3 Just need to get better at Gimp. You rock.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2014
  11. tiltos

tiltos Void-Bound Voyager

Very nice! May I suggest some invisible lights for the ship exterior, so we can see your spritework in all its glory?

Wydraz likes this.
  12. dragonRune

dragonRune Void-Bound Voyager

Very nice, thanks so much!!!

I registered only for this mod.

Question: Is it possible to re-texture the back of the rooms with my pickaxe?
    I'd love to have another texture (like grey bright walls) in the big storage... but my pickaxe isn't working... :(

13. Asatrix

Asatrix Guest

Yeah I just posted about this. No its not, I've been using an unlock for the super matter manipulator. Its a permanent background for now.

I'm not uninstalling though, till the next update

14. Dead Squirrel

Sure thing! This was on the agenda, but I had some pressure to release the ship sooner. As for the galley, only the blue window would be transparent, that ok?
    So ... wow, thanks. The background is supposed to be customizable. I meant to make it changeable as much so as possible. I'll set it to allow background to be placed on top of my details, is that good? The upper stories (dining, engineroom, slanted hallway) won't play nice with personalizing, though, since they have slanted roofs.

You're welcome to fix it up for other races! I was planning to release other styles (like the movie's more blue/steel colors). I used Gimp to make this, it takes some work but is pretty powerful. ;)

If enough people feel they should be added, I'll add them. At the moment, I only placed invisible lights on the top half of the ship 'cause I love Starbound's lighting system. Makes the ship look more 3D.

Working on a fix for that now.

EDIT: So here's the conundrum: If I set the backwalls as empty, you'll be able to place your own background. But! You won't be able to place things onto the walls until you place a background. As in, no lights or pictures can be hung from the sprited backgrounds. I could fill the ship with regular Starbound-backgrounds, but it'll lose some of the current flair.

Oh, oh, oh! Is there an invisible background sprite? I'll check this out ...

15. Asatrix

Asatrix Guest

As much as most of us clearly adore the series, this is starbound, so a Firefly class with proper "Empty" backgrounds placed with the tertiary items like engines and storage units would be preferred by most, We do applaud your first post of this however in sticking to the original crew's look. since its human by default set it up with the standard look (apex) which would fit your metal walkways and other work, as well as fit the Firefly Class description allowing for customization as per the crew. Don't know how to deal with the dining room ceiling may have to be tweaked or simply made to hide parts of the blocks used.

As per my conversion that may take some time. I guess Humans would consider it as close to being taken by a reaver as possible in starbound. Since i'll be attempting to make it look bio-organic.

16. Dead Squirrel

I'll probably create a alternate version which is more customize-friendly but less initially purdy.

17. Asatrix

Asatrix Guest

Outstanding

18. VIcariousViking

VIcariousViking Void-Bound Voyager

This is an awesome mod.

I did an overview of it in my latest episode of Starbound Mod Outpost.

Dead Squirrel, If you would be so kind as to add a link the video to the overview page of your mod alongside ReignAndPour, i'd very much appreciate the exposure. Entirely up to you, of course.

Cheers, and keep up the great work!! :)

Dead Squirrel likes this.
  19. Dead Squirrel

Nice, Viking, that's beautiful!

VIcariousViking likes this.
  20. Myrdden42

Myrdden42 Master Chief

Well, as it is, sure, that would add to the effect, I suppose. I'm more focused on the windowed area on the bridge.

Also, I agree with the exterior lighting, having it be bright on the top and not on the bottom would make it seem 3D, but there is a planetary light going on there, so it wouldn't be totally pitch black. Maybe using a dimmer bluish light would create that effect. Also, you should put those lanterns in the galley into the tail thing. That definitely needs to have that orangeish glow.

As for customization, I'm for the "have the backgrounds there, but be able to put things over them" perspective. For the curvy bits, just have the blocks bleed over behind the exterior, so they're only half showing.

Oh, and I noticed there's still a few pixles floating around right beyond the cargo door.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014