1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Dead Squirrel's Firefly 1.0 Enraged Koala

Firefly/Serenity playership - "You paid money for this, sir? On purpose?"

1. Dead Squirrel

Dead Squirrel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Dead Squirrel submitted a new mod:

Dead Squirrel's Firefly - Firefly/Serenity playership - "You paid money for this, sir? On purpose?"

Read more about this mod...

2. Hoxalicious

Hoxalicious Industrial Terraformer

Shiny! She's absolutely perfect. Excellent work, mate.

3. kittentamer

kittentamer Existential Complex

I absolutely love it! I was giggling in glee as I explored her. I am so using this forever now. xD

4. Dead Squirrel

Thanks! Nice to hear she's fitting into her nitch. ;)

5. Holgast

Holgast Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That is an incredibly detailed, perfect sprite. Well done.

6. Dr. Toros

Dr. Toros Existential Complex

Hey, I can help you package your mod as a mod, which will simplify installation and then the user won't have to overwrite default assets (cleaner uninstall too)

7. Captain Malcolm

Captain Malcolm Big Damn Hero

The ship looks amazing (haven't had a chance to download it yet gonna do it tomorrow) and I was wondering if you need any help spriting the costumes and other items? Let me know

Mal

8. Dead Squirrel

Thanks, I actually have it in a mod format now, just needs re-upload.

That avatar ... oh hells ya! I'm down! We could start a collaborative Firefly items/clothing mod?

EDIT: Modding thread is up! Hope you can help - http://community.playstarbound.com/...serenity-big-box-of-loot-collaboration.61674/

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  9. Dead Squirrel

10. Fiben Bolger

Fiben Bolger Pangalactic Porcupine

Wow, exceptional work there. That's a beaut. Are all those ship parts actual game assets?

11. kittentamer

kittentamer Existential Complex

Question: Does the mod folder version allow you to use it with other species? Cause I love playing avians right now. =P

12. ReignAndPour

ReignAndPour Poptop Tamer

So good. Heres my video review.

13. [S]miley

[S]miley Subatomic Cosmonaut

after seeing this on Reddit i cant wait for this mod even tho i don't know where this came from but I've seen this before good job :)

14. putthefootdown

putthefootdown Space Hobo

So how exactly do you get this to work on an existing character? I'm lost at the "player codename" portion.

15. Dead Squirrel

Thanks! There aren't any in-game assets added with this release, it's all one background image. I worked to line it up thoroughly, and allow for players to add new objects/backgrounds easily. If you use it in multiplayer, people without this ship.png will just get a big empty space with invisible walls.
    You can use other species, you just have to rename the mod's "ships/human" folder with your species. The Readme has instructions for you. Otherwise you can do a shipworld-overwrite (exchange ship files between characters) which leads me to ...
    Ok! So ... to use an existing character on pc:
    1) We need to find the existing character's codename.
    • Load up the existing character in-game, then exit Starbound. (This way the existing character's files are the most recently saved)
    • Open Starbound/player/ in explorer and arrange the files by date. The most recently edited one should represent your character.
    • You should see sets-of-3 files with the same name, but different type: xxx.metadata, xxx.player, xxx.shipworld. Where "xxx" is an identical string of numbers and letters.
    • Make a BACKUP of these files. If something goes wrong, you can always paste the old files back.
    2) From here we have two options:
    A ) Human character: You can delete the .shipworld (Or cut and paste it somewhere safe). Starbound will automatically make that character a new ship from the startership files. Remember to move all the loot on your old ship into your inventory or onto a planet first. You can always replace the old .shipworld if you want your old ship back. (You did remember a backup, right?)

B ) Non-human character:
    • Make a new Human character. Load the dummy-human in-game.
    • Now go back to the main menu. Load your existing character. Exit Starbound.
    • Open Starbound/player/ in explorer and arrange the files by date. The first 3-file-set is your existing character, the second set is the dummy-human with the ship you want.
    • Copy the first character's shipworld codename ("xxx.shipworld"), then delete the file. Now rename the dummy-human's shipworld with the codename you copied.
    • ... profit! (But not off other peoples misfortune. That's not civilized-like.)

I hope this helps! I don't pretend to be good at explaining things, so I tried to make it more simple than is needed.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  16. [S]miley

[S]miley Subatomic Cosmonaut

Dead you should light the ship up its dark

17. ReignAndPour

ReignAndPour Poptop Tamer

Here's a quick guide on how to modify an existing character's ship using this and other mods. If you want to make your own ship take a look at my other video where I created a pirate ship; its another awesome mod I've had a lot of fun with. I reference it in this video as well.

Dead Squirrel likes this.
  18. Psychicgammarays

Psychicgammarays Subatomic Cosmonaut

The white/grey room at the bottom left is Simon's medical station. The top left redish/orange room is Inara's in all its decorative glory.

19. TowelBlanket

TowelBlanket Seal Broken

Great mod! Just an observation, but the character seems to float above the ground by the shiplocker.

Dead Squirrel likes this.
  20. Dead Squirrel

Thanks for the video, reign! I'm gonna link that to the front page since it shows off the ship nicely. I did indeed use that exact photo of firefly! (Plus a half dozen others for reference...)
    A few people have mentioned the lack of light as a negative, I guess I better get some added in. Also, I see there's a problem with the blocks.png on that video ... looks like I messed up a bit of the ground under the cockpit-stairs. Better patch that right away ...

The white/grey room is SImon's medbay. The red/orange room is actually Kaylee's engineroom. Tried to sprite in her hammock. (You should notice that it's down one hallway from the diningroom in the show)
    The grey room underneath Kaylee's room is in schematics of the ship, but not used I the show. As to Inara's room ... that would be on a side shuttle which would overlap with the dining room.

For anyone wondering, the yellow room at the bottom left is just one of the passenger quarters that Simon/River/Book stay in. Guess I need some more details to help those rooms all stand out ...

EDIT: Thanks Towel! You beat me to it.