1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Mephetor-Skunk Race 1.02

Skunks in space?

1. AnthonySkunk89

AnthonySkunk89 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

AnthonySkunk89 submitted a new mod:

Mephetor-Skunk Race - skunk, race, furry, animal

Read more about this mod...

2. Hammie The Hamster

Hammie The Hamster Subatomic Cosmonaut

Cute!

Though i do have one small request, would it be possible for you to make it compatible with this mod here? http://community.playstarbound.com/...d-character-creation-mod-now-even-easier.218/

Edit: And a random suggestion for future additions to this mod! Maybe instead of green fog (or) you could also add alternative effects such as pink fumes/rose petals or tiny strawberries floating about for a more cartoonish effect :)

3. AnthonySkunk89

Sure I'll try to make it compatible soon, as for the requested other effects, let's see what Chuckles gives us first to see what I have to work with. Thanks for the reply too.

Edit: Seeing if the mod owner is willing to add my mod to it as I can't find out how.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  4. Derva

Derva Intergalactic Tourist

When I try to install this mod, I keep getting an access violation at 0xa556bd when the game is trying to load after the Chucklefish. After about two and a half hours of uninstalling, reinstalling, and verifying files, I've narrowed it down to a problem with mephetor.species, because when I remove that from the species folder, everything else works fine and the game will load properly. Specifically removing, renaming fails to solve the problem. I tried changing the ID #, because I read in another thread that the error is related to that, but to no avail. I also made sure to copy the config inserts so that they were the last entry in each racial section. Any advice?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  5. AnthonySkunk89

It could be as simple as the inserts, I need to clarify that after inserting the line from my files into yours take a look at the previous races line. they have a coma break. " , ".
    That was pretty much my own fault for not clarifying mate, sorry. If it still fails to load could you screen capture the error box so I can see what it is that's erroring out.

6. Percival

Percival Phantasmal Quasar

How does the tail interact with capes and other back items?

7. AnthonySkunk89

Tails a bit akward with capes, but as for the back lantern and backpacks, should be a problem. With capes, when the tail move it move over the capes sprite making it look like the tail is in front of the cape. If and when the ability to makes items appear infront and behind sprites, I will be fixing it.

8. Derva

Derva Intergalactic Tourist

Here's a link to a composite of the five .configs with the extra bits pasted in, unless I missed a comma I think I'm doing this right? I'll see to catching the error when I've got a bit more time on hand.

9. AnthonySkunk89

Ouch that hard to look at. Try up were it says "format" on the top there and word wrap it, it's way easier to read that way.

And when it crashes it should say a bunch of stuff, hit your Prt Scrn key just to the right of the F12 key and send me the pic of the error.

10. kitsunespirit

kitsunespirit Cosmic Narwhal

This is actually kinda cute!

11. AnthonySkunk89

Thanks, I got another on helping with the spriting of the tail. Glad to see it's working though.

12. Maskrising

Maskrising Subatomic Cosmonaut

his race ships to big :/ should keep it default sized untill they add the ship upgrades coming soon

13. AnthonySkunk89

That's not their ship it's a modded one from someone else that I was using, it's not part of this mod.

14. AnthonySkunk89

15. AnthonySkunk89

16. Xander Kau

Xander Kau Phantasmal Quasar

Loving the sprites, but I also noticed at the char creation screen the icon looks a bit weird, and when I spawned in, I started with a error item.

17. AnthonySkunk89

I know nothing about the error item. o.o As for the character creation icon is just a skunk crossing sign I'm using as a placeholder till I do a proper one.

18. AnthonySkunk89

19. Snowpup

Snowpup Giant Laser Beams

Any news on the Furious Koala update? I really want this mod on my furry server (along with many more. x.x)

20. Snowpup

Snowpup Giant Laser Beams

Actually I've gone ahead and updated it, quite simple. If you don't have time to do it but respond to this, I can upload it for you/others or tell them how to do it. I won't without your blessing however. ^^