1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Breathing on the Moon?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Voxhal, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Voxhal

Voxhal Space Hobo

I dont know if its just super early in the morning and my brain isnt working .. but when i went to a moon planet and astroid field .. i died to drowning effect *ran out of air* .. is this somthing new .. and if so how the hell do i breath in space now .. ive built every crafting station i have and i have nothing that has anything telling me can be used to breath in space or what not???

thanks for the feedback ahead of time

2. Mansen

Mansen Subatomic Cosmonaut

No - You died of cold.

All "planets" have "air" - But ice and moon planets are so cold that unless you're wearing gear with a high heat rating, you'll freeze to death.

Serenity likes this.
  3. SirusKing

SirusKing Subatomic Cosmonaut

Some moon planets and most asteroid fields do not have air.

4. That's been changed this past update, some moons and asteroids no longer have air and need gear to survive.

5. Andre

Andre Void-Bound Voyager

Isnt there a space helmet you make from those purple matters? I think it said something about breathing in outer Space.

6. elipod

elipod Industrial Terraformer

In game files, delta sector recipies, there is "spaceairtankback" for robotic crafting table.

Yocas and zortbg like this.
  7. zortbg

zortbg Cosmic Narwhal

Good to know that :) Does it have a special effect attached to it?

8. Voxhal

Voxhal Space Hobo

Where do i find this recipie for the Spaceairtank?

9. Voxhal

Voxhal Space Hobo

im not sure if i found the right one .. its called *** HANDY SPACE HELMET**** ???

10. Mansen

Mansen Subatomic Cosmonaut

OP could have bothered to mention they had downloaded the update - I haven't had the time to read through the changelog yet what with christmas cooking and all :love:

But kudos on finally putting in airless bodies - Do these also have cold or is it one or the other?

11. Voxhal

Voxhal Space Hobo

i figured me saying **** is this somthing new *** would imply this is after the patch last night lol. ANd as far as Airless + Cold .. the Astroid and Moon i went to i didnt get any cold effect .. just Airless

Alvin Flummox likes this.
  12. Voxhal

Voxhal Space Hobo

Ya still havnt found anything on being able to breathe in space .. no items or anything .. anymore info from anyone? only thing i saw was the Handy Space Helmet .. but it also requires a material from what ive read is bugged

13. MyLittleBurger

MyLittleBurger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Which material? The matter block?

14. iSorath

iSorath Scruffy Nerf-Herder

In tier 4, there's an item in the robotic table called "replace" that goes on your back and looks like some sort of tank or device. That may be it.

15. Pinkishu

Pinkishu Phantasmal Quasar

No we just need a way to make air-filled rooms on airless planets :p

budsygus likes this.
  16. MyLittleBurger

MyLittleBurger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It seems like that would work if some thing can be set up so an atmosphere or sorts can be set up in a fully closed off area (assuming airlocks can be added). I mean there is a mod that does something like that in Minecraft. I assume the building would also need something that functions as life support also.

17. Kolnedra

Kolnedra Sandwich Man

I tested the "Replace backpack", the Spacesuit backpack and the Oxygen tank (which even states no more drowning :p), but to no avail, none worked, which i find kind of....lame, since the asteroid belts suit my needs to make a nice base :D

18. RizzRustbolt

RizzRustbolt Existential Complex

Moons and barren worlds (sometimes) are cold. Asteroid fields are not.

That'll probably be fixed in the next patch.

19. Voxhal

Voxhal Space Hobo

ya just made the Handy Space Helmet .. still cant breathe on moon planets .. anyone else have any lucky with finding space gear .. and if so .. were and what do you need to make / find it

20. Keycross

Keycross Void-Bound Voyager

Like he said, maybe you didn't understand that's tier 4 recipes (which means you need to kill the 3rd boss and upgrade starmap to gain access).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.