1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Need cords for a planet with easy to find diamonds

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by TheMasterspiffy, Dec 21, 2013.

1. TheMasterspiffy

TheMasterspiffy Aquatic Astronaut

Hello does anyone know a planet with easy to find diamonds i want a diamond picaxe but cant find any diamonds! I have been searching for this forever.

2. Sikab

Sikab Subatomic Cosmonaut

first: diamonds are literally everywhere.

second: dont waste diamond on pickaxe. save it for the drill :)

3. elipod

elipod Industrial Terraformer

The only thing that affect diamond (any ore) spawn, right now, is threat level. More threat-more diamonds. Also, there is no surface diamonds on threat 1 and 2 planets.
    So your options is either dig deep, or just beat bosses. Once you beat dragon you can craft drills, and copper drill is better than diamod pick.

4. Soulcrifice

Soulcrifice Big Damn Hero

Any planet in sector X has an abundance of diamonds. Both on the surface and not too far down.

5. Kujar3

Kujar3 Existential Complex

There are diamonds like everywhere in Sector X... Jump on level 9 - 10 planets and start diging through diamond.

6. Piecewise

Piecewise Starship Captain

I'm assuming you want this without going to sector X.

First: mine on moons. Moons appear to have more ore then other planets. I had a stack of 100 diamonds before leaving alpha sector because of moon mining. Plus moondust is fast to dig through.

Second: Either mine down to the very edge of the "surface" layer (where you can still get light by knocking out the back wall) and just start digging horizontally, or dig down at an angle and follow cave systems you run into deeper. The deeper you get, the better and more common the ores. Never dig straight down; you cover much less area so you're less likely to find stuff and it's more time consuming.

Third: Look for sand. Sand is your friend. It's fast to dig and when you collapse it it drops all the ores in the pile. You can mine huge areas extremely fast by just digging on the bottom of sand layers/areas.

Failing all that, loot dungeons/towns/generated things. Chests sometimes have stacks of 5 diamonds.

7. zortbg

zortbg Cosmic Narwhal

All tier 7-9 planets in X sector and digging above the magma level = full of diamonds.