1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Tutorial How to start on the same Planet as your friends

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by chicken-, Dec 21, 2013.

1. chicken-

chicken- Aquatic Astronaut

So I looked around quite a bit for this info, couldn't find anywhere that mentioned this, if there is I apologize.

It's very simple, edit your servers starbound.config and change these values:

"defaultWorldCoordinate" Put in the coordinates of whatever planet you want to start on, obviously somebody has to start and get those numbers and you can get them from the universe files or from your server's console log.

Example:
    "defaultWorldCoordinate" : "alpha:12395630:42573579:-15829205:11",

Now set the following to true and have your friends join your server with a new character and it should set this as their starting Planet as well.
    "useDefaultWorldCoordinate" : true,

Note: This is not recommended for large player counts, but if you're like me and only playing with 1-2 people at once it's nice to be together to start off and establish a home base :)

choraBR likes this.
  2. Toady

Toady Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Good work, Even if its out there i have seen a few people ask about how to do it; If i see anyone ask i will pass it on. :up:

3. vintycent

vintycent Master Chief

I don't really get how to alter the starting coordinates since it kinda gives 3 values. should I just alter first 2 strings?

4. wilminator

wilminator Aquatic Astronaut

I was wondering about that. Thanks!