1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Discussion CommandStar: Real-Time Chat, Online Players, and Server Status

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Seriallos, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Seriallos

Seriallos Space Penguin Leader

Gotcha, the machine name just looked very Windows-y.

Does the script just hang there at that point?

What happens if you run the following:

Code:
    ./node_modules/coffee-script/bin/coffee server.coffee

Also run the following commands and paste the full output (command and output) if you can:

Code:
    node -v

npm -v

npm test

The first two just to check version, the third should try to run the code tests.

2. supernet2

supernet2 Existential Complex

i have a question, which scripts do i modify to disable whisper commands from being shown (/w) because this essentially eliminates my users privacy when it comes to their conversations via /w commands. Also... what script can i delete, or remove or modify to disable world values? i'd like to show # of worlds shown, not # of worlds + exact coordinates (Dont want my players going on a griefing rampage with detailed statistics of where their at.

3. Seriallos

I haven't written code yet to ignore whispers or slash commands. That should happen in the next couple of days when I have a bit of free time.

Similarly for world coordinates, there is no clean way to disable that right now. As a temporary measure if you're comfortable with HTML, you can delete the panel divs that contain the world information in public/index.html but the coordinates will still show up in the API if you have crafty players.

4. supernet2

i was debating on that, didn't wanna break the code though, not familiar much with py although it looks similar to some php (is it?) anyway thanks for making such a beautiful gui. Where'd you learn py? and any suggestions on where to learn or read up on it?

5. Seriallos

It's neither - it's written using coffescript (a language that "compiles" directly into javascript) on the nodejs runtime. I've been using Node/Coffee off and on for a couple of years now. Built a couple of projects, read a few books, googled lots of questions. It all requires a pretty good knowledge of javascript and some understanding of asynchronous programming (though node makes that a lot easier).

supernet2 likes this.
  6. wolvern

wolvern Orbital Explorer

@Seriallos

win 7 x64 with iis / mysql

problem i run into atm is the coffee.server which the only thing i've found on it was to run mimosa -new but that didn't work out... i tried parts of your script...

the reason i changed it with pathing was because running it as admin causes it to use c:\windows\system32 to install loose files which alone is bad suggestion for users to mess with...

the install CPM thus failed straight up with errors till i re-pathed it but still stuck on coffee.server....

[​IMG]

7. wolvern

wolvern Orbital Explorer

if you want a simple way... look at secondlife....they use IRC input into the game to chat heaps!!... script is near basic C# which makes it so easy but the main issue i'd find it getting it to direct into the game... i thought about a server mod as well that keeps checking for updates but for now i'm more interested in making a php testing unit that checks for massive spikes in memory on the server which can thus alert me to a memory leak for restart.

i'm using phpsysinfo script and working with that first.

8. Kneesocks

Kneesocks Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for this! :> I got it working great. It's exactly what I was looking for.

9. FuzzyThor

FuzzyThor Existential Complex

I have successfully integrated command star with my servers website can be seen at http://sb.fuzzyfrontier.com:8080/
    Cheers Seriallos. This is currently the only way to see who is online. Hope to see an admin panel for this soon so we can moderate the server remotely.

10. supernet2

thx founnd it

out += ': ';
    out += world.x;
    out += ', ';
    out += world.y;

Removing that keeps people from knowing no more than the active worlds not the coords, thanks!

11. bkg

bkg Subatomic Cosmonaut

Some News on this ? :)

12. FuzzyThor

FuzzyThor Existential Complex

In my personal opinion I think you should have two chat logs one that hides the slashes where anyone can see and one where just the admins can see that show everything even commands that are used.

13. wolvern

wolvern Orbital Explorer

What is really needed, checkboxes... Or a config with true / false options for what people want to show....

After the other command mod I used had an issue with kicking people with spaces in their name I'm eager to see how this one does with it all...

14. germyliok

germyliok Intergalactic Tourist

Lol,
    node -v doesnt work. Although, it is installed. Tried to reinstall all. Nothing works, lol. npm does not want to download, node doesnt want to delete. I will try another DE, and reply later about all.

15. Mortalsinn

Mortalsinn Zero Gravity Genie

not sure if this is a realistic request or even if it's possible but is there a way for this to detect if the server is white listed and then display that status on the page? I run my server white listed while I sleep / work and open it to the public in the evenings / weekends when I'm around. It would be really cool for the status page to show this.

Or...this might make it easier - some sort of manual control or a true / false config with a reload and then we could manually set the status to be displayed to the users.

16. identy

identy Void-Bound Voyager

Very Nice ! :)

17. my 2cent contrib to you seriallos if you are interested to add bit more precision between Visited systems and Landed ship I do this in Pinda's panel slightly modified

PHP:
                    //Info: Creating world beta:-96767877:-60800944:-22921694:9:8

else if(preg_match("!Info\:\s*Creating\s*world\s*([^:]+\:[^:]+\:[^:]+)!i"$line$val))
                    {
                        if(
    strlen($val[1]) > 0) {

$this->systems[$val[1]] = 0;
                        }
                    } 
    //Info: Loading world db for world beta:-96767877:-60800944:-22921694:9:11

else if(preg_match("!Info\:\s*Loading\s*world\s*db\s*for\s*world\s*(([^:]+\:[^:]+\:[^:]+)\:[^:]+\:[^:\s]+)!i"$line$val))
                    {
                        if(
    strlen($val[2]) > 0) {

$this->systems[$val[2]] = 0;
                        }
                        if(
    strlen($val[1]) > 0) {

$this->systems_active[$val[1]] = 1;
                        }
                    } 
    //Info: Shutting down world beta:-96767877:-60800944:-22921694:9:11

else if(preg_match("!Info\:\s*Shutting\s*down\s*world\s*([^:]+\:[^:]+\:[^:]+\:[^:]+\:[^:\s]+)!i"$line$val))
                    {
                        if(
    strlen($val[1]) > 0) {

$this->systems_active[$val[1]] = 0;
                        }
                    }
    demo: http://class101.org:55100

supernet2 likes this.
  18. Seriallos

Try the latest version of runServer.bat from the master branch of the GitHub repo. I made a few changes to the script to run properly as an admin - the main thing it needs to do is change directory to where the BAT file is.

19. Seriallos

He pretty much has the file decoded. We'll probably work on integrating his code with mine over the weekend. There is a huge problem right now - we don't have a way to map the player name to the client UUID so the only thing we'll be able to display is that someone is on a planet.

In addition, I haven't figured out the planetary body / satellite body scheme yet. The game log uses numbers that don't map to the planet numbers. You'll be on planet VIII, satellite A but the log uses planet 10, satellite 9. I'll look and ask around but I don't know if anyone has a way to map the log numbers to the in-game planet names / numbers.

20. Seriallos

I've been thinking about features like this and I think my main direction is going to be to have CommandStar primarily be an informational tool for everyone that plays on the server and leave all the admin features to the other guys building those tools (who are doing a better job of it right now!). At this moment, I do NOT have plans to build functionality like banning, account management, server management, and the like. So admin-specific functionality may not ever show up in CommandStar - if it does, it'll be far in the future.