1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed CURRENT WORK-AROUNDS (Try these if you're having issues!)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by mollygos, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScarletsRose

ScarletsRose Space Hobo

Ok for those who were getting the same error as me do these steps,

First: Go to the steam starbound directory, go to your MODS folder and delete all mods also restore any backups of files you had to edit to get these mods to run.

Second: Go to Players folder and delete all chars that were useing the mods.

Third: Go to universe folder and delete all files. sorry but you will end up with a fresh clean universe so all planets and structures made will be gone.

Finally: Verify the Cache files in steam this should remove any remnants of the deleted mods, chars and universes. and fix any backups that you may of missed backing up.

Good luck i hope this works for you as it did for me.

2. Pannari

Pannari Space Hobo

I am experiencing a problem with the launching of Starbound. When I launch the game, It does not load up, and I have to close the window. When I try to do that, Starbound does not respond, and it takes a lot of time to close the window. I have to try to launch Starbound twice before I can get it working properly. I am very frustrated.:facepalm:

3. ScarletsRose

ScarletsRose Space Hobo

When you first load Starbound And the launcher pops up click launch starbound ONCE not more than once, then give your computer time to load the game dont exit, the game just has an incredible long load time at the moment. if it says stopped responding dont close it, it is still working windows just think it isnt, do not close it down.

4. skarclear1o1

skarclear1o1 Space Hobo

i hav a problem on launch, it says 'size mismatch uuid etc...' and it keeps me from playi8ng this magnificant game! i really need someone to help me fix this so i can play starbound once more pls help me! (if u need more info on this bug msg me)

5. skarclear1o1

skarclear1o1 Space Hobo

i hav a problem on launch, it says 'size mismatch uuid etc...' and it keeps me from playi8ng this magnificant game! i really need someone to help me fix this so i can play starbound once more pls help me! (if u need more info on this bug msg me)

6. ScarletsRose

ScarletsRose Space Hobo

First of all, if it crashes the game then go to the steam starbound directory, or starbound directory. and find the starbound text file the extension should be .log go here www.pastebin.com and paste the whole of that text file there and submit it then put the link that it gives you at top here. someone will take a look eventually. or go here http://playstarbound.com/live-chat/

7. doobydude

doobydude Space Spelunker

this game pisses me off !! i havnt been able to get it to run. i keep getting visual C++ error. im running windows 8,1 pro x64. then i installed windows 7 x64 on a differant Hard drive and i still get the same visual c++ error crash. plllllllllllllllleeeeeeeaaase someone help me. maybe i am missing files or something. i have downloaded mircrosoft visual c++ 2005, 2008, 2010, 2013 both x64 and x86 of each. and nothing seems to work here are some pics of the errors im getting error #3.png graphics error.png sbbb.png starb.png

8. ScarletsRose

ScarletsRose Space Hobo

First: Go to the steam starbound directory, go to your MODS folder and delete all mods also restore any backups of files you had to edit to get these mods to run.

Second: Go to Players folder and delete all chars that were useing the mods.

Third: Go to universe folder and delete all files. sorry but you will end up with a fresh clean universe so all planets and structures made will be gone.

Finally: Verify the Cache files in steam this should remove any remnants of the deleted mods, chars and universes. and fix any backups that you may of missed backing up.

Next time read the thread,

9. doobydude

this still didnt fix the issue,

10. doobydude

11. ScarletsRose

ScarletsRose Space Hobo

12. satoru

satoru Tentacle Wrangler

Hello All

I've got a semi-consolidated list of fixes here

http://steamcommunity.com/app/211820/discussions/0/630800443032730550/

If you have any other fixes from this or the steam discussions that would help other users feel free to post them there and I'll attempt to consolidate all known fixes

If the mods let me I'll repost it here as well and maintain both posts

13. TheMarvin

TheMarvin Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks! mine's re-downloading now

14. skarclear1o1

skarclear1o1 Space Hobo

15. Lex

Lex Scruffy Nerf-Herder

When I try to play single player I get this error
    [​IMG]
    game was working a couple hours ago, only thing I did was search through the game files for the sprites, didn't edit/remove anything and now I can't play at all, tried restarting every combination of things, not sure what's up

16. doobydude

i had that error before. i think if you run it not as administrator it fixed it

17. stealthwill

stealthwill Poptop Tamer

Hey. I have a fix for mac, somtimes when people launch up the game the penguin file shows up for a second then quits out. People think the only way to get passed this is by deleting their player folder, but I know how to fix it and keep your player. message me

18. satoru

satoru Tentacle Wrangler

I have the most common fix which is the delete the finder file .ds_store, in my list. Is there another one?

19. EevilBeaver

EevilBeaver Poptop Tamer

I have found if i hit ESC when the Chucklefish logo is up i can open the game much faster than if i let it go to the "Loading" screen.

20. Fenrirz

Fenrirz Master Chief

Error on launch

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.