1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Radium Expansion

Discussion in 'Weapons, Armor and Clothes' started by Magitek, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Magitek

Magitek Void-Bound Voyager

The Radium Expansion v1.42 by Magitek
    ===================================

The Radium Expansion adds a new difficulty tier to the Starbound Beta 'Furious Koala'.

The new Omega sector ranges in planet-level from 11-25 and holds the key to the new advanced ores 'Radium' and 'Iridium'.
    The sector can be unlocked by finding the X Sector tech and then constructing the Omega sector map.

Weapons and armors are craft-able after unlocking the Omega sector through the metalwork table.
    The nano-pickaxe is craft-able after just unlocking the X sector.

The new equipment is designed to withstand the harsher environments of the Omega sector and should be procured immediately.
    Radium ore can be found generally on any planet with levels 11 and greater, while the iridium ore is more elusive and is found deep underground.

The Radium Expansion REQUIRES a new character due to the new sector (note below on installing into old characters).
    TRE will only work in multiplayer if other players/servers have the mod installed.

New weaponry, armor and ores
    [​IMG]

New pickaxe
    [​IMG]

To the new and most dangerous sector yet
    [​IMG]

The Omega sector
    [​IMG]

Only the most seasoned explorers will survive in such a sector (Planet levels 11-25).
    Brave the dangers, bring home some new loot.
    Good luck!

Download
    ============

You can download the mod either at the Nexus (http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/80/?)
    or here at putlocker: http://www.putlocker.com/file/8BEA8A9706B38B03

Installation
    ============

Extract the contents of RadiumExpansion.zip directly to your Starbound/mods/ folder.
    (The starbound folder is usually located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\)
    If you have no mods folder, you will need to create one and place the extracted files into it.

Extracting the zip to the right location should give you /Starbound/mods/Radium/

You can now start a new character and search out the Omega sector!

Updating from an older version
    Follow the usual installation steps, you will not require a new game if you had TRE install previously.

Uninstalling
    ============
    Remove the Radium folder from your mods directory.

Uninstalling the mod is not possible without removing characters created with it.
    Characters that started with the mod will generally not be salvagable after the removal of the Omega sector.
    It may also be required to remove any characters from the players folder that were created with the expansion if you experience crashing after removing the mod.

Known issues
    ============
    If The Radium Expansion is installed, older characters may not be able to access the starmap until the mod is disabled. TRE is only designed for new characters.
    Remove the /mods/radium/ folder if you wish to play on older characters.
    Balance seems good at maximum level with the best TRE equipment, but it may change in future patches, rendering the new equipment less useful.
    Please remember that Starbound is currently in BETA, I cannot be held accountable for your characters spontaneously exploding etc.

Overrides
    =========
    The Radium Expansion overrides a critical gameplay file which may limit compatibility with future patches and other mods:

\biomes\oredistributions.configfunctions (radium and iridium ore distribution)

I recommend using Winmerge or similar to compare files and resolve conflicts should they occur with a future patch or another mod.

Note: TRE does not overwrite any Starbound data. It is a self contained mod.

Installing without a new character (unsupported! note: no omega sector)
    ===============================================

If you wish to add TRE to an already active character, you must delete the celestial.config file from \Mods\Radium\

Please note Radium and Iridium are extremely rare in Sector X and may only be found in small quantities on unexplored level 10 planets. Asteroids above planets may provide some radium and iridium also.

Permissions
    ===========
    I hereby allow anyone to modify, distribute, sell, and claim The Radium Expansion and its content as their own for any purpose.

Version history
    ===========
    1.0 Initial release
    1.1 Updated and rebalanced for 'Indignant Koala'
    1.2 Updated for 'Offended Koala'
    1.3 Armor is craftable once again
    1.4 Updated for 'Angry Koala'
    1.41 player.config and celestial.config are now mergable and should be compatible with any mod merging these files.
    1.41 Updated for 'Furious Koala'

Hope you enjoy this small expansion I've put together!​

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  2. Affero

Affero Contributor

Oh... My... Gosh... This looks freaking sweet

3. Magitek

Updated to version 'Indignant Koala' and rebalanced the broadswords to be in line with the new changes.

4. Kierran

Kierran Scruffy Nerf-Herder

For a moment I thought it was the real deal. Kudos for the higher cost on Starmap upgrade and probably the weapons.

5. DXLelouch

DXLelouch Void-Bound Voyager

mod needs updating
    no one likes to edit oredistributions.configfunctions if they dont have too =P

6. Magitek

Updated for 'Offended Koala'.

7. Magitek

Seems I misplaced a change while updating the mod, armor recipes were set to a crafting station that didn't exist! Fixed with 1.3, does not require a new game or anything for the recipes to become visible.

8. Attribule

Attribule Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for this.

I was under the impression that the mod didn't add any armor to begin with. :facepalm:

9. Magitek

I specifically recall fixing that problem before packaging the mod.. :facepalm: indeed.

10. Wernerson

Wernerson Big Damn Hero

Where can i get those Crystals?

11. Magitek

You'll find them in magma and volcanic biomes, typically on the surface, from 'plants' or 'trees'.

12. Metroplex

Metroplex Intergalactic Tourist

Any chance this could be updated to Angry Koala? :rolleyes:

13. Magitek

The mod has been updated for 'Angry Koala'.

14. Metroplex

Metroplex Intergalactic Tourist

How do I get the crafting recipe for the Omega Sector?

15. Magitek

You need to unlock durasteel through the tech upgrade, if something major hasn't changed.

16. Magitek

1.41 merges player.config and celestial.config automatically and should be compatible with mods that use the merging capabilities of Starbound. Keep in mind oredistribution is still not merged so if a mod adds an ore you should merge it manually with winmerge or similar.

17. Maximus

Maximus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Any chance this will get updated to the latest update? Cause I love this expansion!

18. Magitek

Updated the mod for 'Furious Koala', enjoy.

19. Maximus

Maximus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yay! Thank you!

20. Fullapple1991

Fullapple1991 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Horray! :D
    I already have a char. Do I need to create another one to be able to craft the "omega unlocker"?