1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Server Hackers! BEWARE.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Bacon, Dec 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainDingo

CaptainDingo 2.7182818284590...

Play with your friends. A thousand times, play with your friends.

You kinda get what you deserve when you open a server to literally anyone.

ReverendBonobo likes this.
  2. ChrisDom

ChrisDom Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]

Here's the path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\assets\default_configuration.config

Server owners do this and players will not be able to connect unless their assets folder matches to the tee. Unfortunately, this includes everything so no client-side additions what-so-ever including music for your instruments.

Nick1236 and Xendhaius like this.
  3. Mansen

Mansen Subatomic Cosmonaut

*epic facepalm commence*

Stop - Just stop.

SeaJay and Wyngale like this.
  4. Silverforte

Silverforte Spaceman Spiff

So in other words there was no 'damage'. Don't overreact and spread misinformation. If his PC bluescreened then it was most likely over due for a failure. Nothing people do in-game can break your computer. The ONLY way I can imagine this possible is if your PC needs to be cleaned and something graphical causes your GPU or CPU to overheat due to air flow constriction/dust packed into the intake.

krylo, Kohl124 and metaspy like this.
  5. Mattomattt

Mattomattt Exits to Find

It is possible to damage parts, they may have been in bad condition already at the time or OVERHEATING/OLD, Ive also damaged hardware before from certain programs so please tone down the the accusations Silverforte, you cant expect Starbound players to just suddenly be professionals on such a subject. This forum is full of trolls and i can already spot 2 of them in this thread; I'm surprised they haven't been banned yet as they have made zero contributions to this game (no badges and probably torrented the game lol) besides making other players feel bad.

6. vhmercenario

vhmercenario Subatomic Cosmonaut

remove the fishaxe, we just o the pickaxe, guns to break blocks, or even drills...

7. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

aww but i like the fishaxe

dont remove it, just make it so you cant use it in severs unless your an admin

8. NightCat

NightCat Void-Bound Voyager

You have to admit they do kinda have a point though. If you're not a professional at something then you shouldn't really be jumping to conclusions.

On a side note, how do I link my forum account with my preorder thingie so I can get my badge? Sorry in advance for OTness.

Wyngale likes this.
  9. Mansen

Mansen Subatomic Cosmonaut

No, no you have not. PC hardware turns itself off before any kind of damage occurs. You're trying to make wear and tear sound as though it magically allows for the hardware to spontaneously self combust if you overclock. The only way you'd be able to actually damage your hardware would be to tamper with the BIOS in such a way that the voltages will fry things. So zip it sailor.

Given how ownership badges aren't given out to anyone who bought the game through steam (The majority of all purchases by the way), I'd be willing to either call you painfully ignorant - Or a troll. "Lawl" :whoop:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  10. Lycrus

Lycrus Astral Cartographer

Please, PLEASE, dont spread misinformation about a game, in this case starbound, damaging pc hardware...
    In any normal case, and this is a normal case, hardware has got its own selfprotection against anything "overloading". Heat protection the most simple thing. So no, no hardware was damaged at all. What happened was a memory or a file issue and most likely due to a pc not handled correctly etc. though someone could argue what the correct way would be...

Wyngale likes this.
  11. BRAWW

BRAWW Vice-President of the Red Gang

Thread locked.

Mansen, Snappyr, Jonesy and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.