The future of Starbound

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

Hamburgers, nuff said

2. Tigerr13

Tigerr13 Subatomic Cosmonaut

All fantastic editions! I really want to see if that new starmap system pans out! As it stands I'm not a fan of clicking a random button to be met with a new layer of planets (sector). Flying there distance wise though would be phenomenal.

3. SkyggeEngel

SkyggeEngel Void-Bound Voyager

There is only one viable way of doing that though, zooming out the galaxy map even more. But I still think that's for late game, when we reach unexplored space. It's pretty obvious the first few regions of space are highly colonized and explored atm. But Sector to sector jumps should at the very least have longer FTL times than regular jumps.

4. Rueya

Rueya Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looks like a v. Badass Koala to me! :up: Great job guys!

Epsilon52 likes this.
  5. Sirduncan8

Sirduncan8 Subatomic Cosmonaut

This is all incredible!

6. saucy1dawsy

saucy1dawsy Void-Bound Voyager

OMG! I really can't believe it. An idea that I made a thread about seems to be coming a reality. (Please just tell me that it was me that gave you the idea for the star gates. Please! I NEED THIS)
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/star-gates.42549/

Also am really excited to the changes coming. I really like the space aspect of this game and bigger ships (an idea I also thought of (along with many others)) and the fact that there will be more to do in space is EPIC!

Seriously so stoked for this game! Keep up the great work Chucklefish! :D

7. NonBritGit

NonBritGit Cosmic Narwhal

That title concerned me a bit. A title like "the future of Starbound" sounds a bit like "the future of Blackberry".

8. XailentGames

XailentGames Subatomic Cosmonaut

Novakids? Fossils? Pets?

9. Vayne Atrius

Vayne Atrius Aquatic Astronaut

:< I'll just sit here waiting for the patch where I can see my kind the hylotl.

10. Remalis

Remalis Aquatic Astronaut

Huge fan of the proposed ship navigator changes. It just feels wrong the way sectors are separated, and that you can jump to anywhere in a sector right from the start.

Lazerballs likes this.
  11. Cubeloon

Cubeloon Poptop Tamer

Why can't they mean servers? We should hold them by this, it would be awesome to have a teleporter in your base to your friends private server, just walk through and join their game!

saucy1dawsy likes this.
  12. Cubeloon

Cubeloon Poptop Tamer

The above changes seem promising, but to go along with the improved starmap, here's my suggestion for the future of Starbound: A Star Log, that automatically updates with the names of planets you have visited, along with additional information that you can add by scanning plants and animals from each planet, adding them to that planet's Log entry. Changing the names of planets and animals would be great, and adding little notes to them would be awesome!

Epsilon52, Mainio and Deadegghead like this.
  13. Tigerr13

Tigerr13 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I agree, but as it currently stands the way sectors are spread out just kill immersion for me.

14. mmmmk2

mmmmk2 Void-Bound Voyager

Great the main reason I don't play is because I don't want to get too invested just to have my character wiped.

15. furcate

furcate Orbital Explorer

everfreeDragoness likes this.
  16. genjiworks

genjiworks Void-Bound Voyager

Starbound... the gift that keeps on giving.

17. CaptThad

CaptThad Pangalactic Porcupine

heh I'm a big fan of every single point on this list. I can hardly wait.

18. Faya Pendragon

Faya Pendragon Seal Broken

Many more times this ^^

19. jay_rab

jay_rab Void-Bound Voyager

Looking forward to the airless planets all you non-floransss can die :p

Epsilon52 likes this.
  20. higuysstarboundiscool

higuysstarboundiscool Orbital Explorer

I am so pumped for these changes, holy crap. I get giddy just thinking about it. Keep up the great work. My favorites are making planets more diverse