The future of Starbound

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Dec 16, 2013.

1. John Contreras

John Contreras Void-Bound Voyager

Good list! I'm most excited about Engine Optimization, since I currently go from about 30 FPS to 5 out of no where. Thanks!

Epsilon52, vanella and The Alien Way like this.
  2. Xitan001

Xitan001 Aquatic Astronaut

Okay, so first let me say that this is amazing news!
    You guys are aiming to make this game everything promised and more. Yet, there's faith you can actually pull this off which is saying a lot.

Now, on to my input on a few things.
    1. We need a Delete button for Characters. I'm dead serious about this.
    2. Races should have innate perks for playing them as opposed to perks related to their racial armors. I mean, why roll a Floran over a Glitch? Or an Apex over a Human? There's no real reason to do any of this without making their respective racial equipment.
    Frankly, what I would suggest is make Racial armors add bonuses or play off existing racial perks, so you could mix and match outfits and races, but you get improved bonuses when you match race to racial equipment.
    3. Ranged combat is okay, however I actually would much prefer an ammunition based system as guns sharing the same resource pool as Techs can be very limiting. This might be mitigated if there are ways to regenerate Energy faster or reduce consumption from
    techs as I know there is a way to do this with Guns. (if I have missed out on something that actually helps with this, please point it out to me).

And really, thats all for now :)

3. God Emperor

God Emperor Void-Bound Voyager

God just take my money over again.... If i could throw money at you guys to make you work 24/7 and complete this master piece I would.....

4. Carter X

Carter X Void-Bound Voyager

The only question I have right now is, EXPLOSIONS?!!!??

Epsilon52 likes this.
  5. WakeTheShark

WakeTheShark Phantasmal Quasar

There's grenade launchers now ingame, I found one and it's fun to use!X3

Epsilon52 likes this.
  6. Carter X

Carter X Void-Bound Voyager

NOT ENOUGH EXPLOSIONS.

7. Foqus

Foqus Master Chief

Ive discovered that some foods hal really well. I hardly ever use bandages now.

Epsilon52 likes this.
  8. StarxStone

StarxStone Void-Bound Voyager

yes, yes, Yes, YES, YES!, YES!!!, YES!!!

9. SpaceSoup

SpaceSoup Intergalactic Tourist

Great stuff on the way !

Thanks guys !

10. ~Drax~

~Drax~ Pangalactic Porcupine

Stargate Idea should be implemented through my suggestion, check out the link in my signature.

neutralentropy likes this.
  11. Weaxer

Weaxer Void-Bound Voyager

What about sidequests? For example if you walk into a village and meet someone who says "I wish I could go to space.", you can bring him to your spaceship and go to another planet and he will reward you with something unique. Just an example.

12. Tawyn

Tawyn Yeah, You!

I can hear jaws falling to the floor.

13. Haliburton

Haliburton Master Chief

I love the list, so very excited! This is my number one favorite item to be implemented. The monsters currently are pretty bland and underwhelming in variety (other than cosmetic). Adding unique abilities to monsters will create a much larger world sense while playing.

When a friend wants to go to a nearby planet that you've been to before

"Nah, let's go somewhere else. That one has fire breathing spiders that drop on your head".

vanella and donfonni like this.
  14. clasgutr

clasgutr Void-Bound Voyager

Not to be negative here, but a lot of these supposed future changes seem to be coming directly from tester suggestions. Discontent is at a high from what I can see, and I feel as this is a way to quell the masses. The game seems directionless under the current design. Do you guys think they are just incorporating user suggestions at this point because they don't know what else to do with the mess of a game they have right now?

My point being - are these pipe dreams? Or will the developers deliver the game they said they would?

Epsilon52 likes this.
  15. Elegant Sir

Elegant Sir Astral Cartographer

Omg TIY the updates...im going to have a heart attack if this game gets any better QQ

Epsilon52 likes this.
  16. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

Space combat sounds interesting, but what if you were to die?

edit: Your ship is your spawn, so would it be game over.

Epsilon52 likes this.
  17. TerraGenome

TerraGenome Space Spelunker

I also think NPC interaction should be worked on a bit, creating some investment into the villages and various sentient drifters. Also, really glad to hear about the ship customization.

18. SkyggeEngel

SkyggeEngel Void-Bound Voyager

I'd suggest space combat to take place pirate style, board em! Heck, I'd never shoot at something I can stea.. I mean, liberate.
    Love and tolerate them all to death!

19. WakeTheShark

WakeTheShark Phantasmal Quasar

Do red stimpacks work for endgame right now?

20. danceicarus

danceicarus Tentacle Wrangler

Everything sound extremely promising.
    Ican't wait!