1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Simple Extended Character Creation Mod: Now, even easier! 1.3.3

Just a clean looking modification to the character creation screen, for custom races.

1. Xander Kau

Xander Kau Phantasmal Quasar

Xander Kau submitted a new mod:

Simple Extended Character Creation Mod - Just a clean looking modification to the character creation screen, for custom races.

Read more about this mod...

2. Mwarner

Mwarner Industrial Terraformer

You sir are a genius for this!
    Amazing way to add the modded races with less clutter!
    -Mat

Xander Kau likes this.
  3. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Protip: it's safe to add predefined, pre-positioned button definitions. Just give them all the questionmark image and increasing ID values.

4. Xander Kau

Thank you Kawa! I attempted that, but I did it wrong and gave up after one try. I'll do that with the next update.

5. Xander Kau

Xander Kau updated Simple Extended Character Creation Mod: Now, even easier! with a new update entry:

Simple Extended Character Creation Mod: Now, even easier!

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. Kronuxx

Kronuxx Void-Bound Voyager

Can't download mod for some reason.

7. VIcariousViking

VIcariousViking Void-Bound Voyager

Not that i'm there yet, but on the off chance someone wants to add a 12th mod, because they're crazy and mod obsessed -cough- ...would it be possible to add support for a
    "page 2" button? that has another 12 race buttons you can add? I think that would pretty much make your awesome mod perfect.

8. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Negatory.

9. VIcariousViking

Really? What makes you say that? I'm no modder myself, but this sounds far from impossible, let alone very complex for an experienced modder.

10. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Mere JSON edits can't do it, and I'm pretty sure -- but not that sure so I'll check in a moment -- that there's no Lua part involved. That'd mean the character creator's interaction part is driven by C++ code which we mere mortal modders can't touch.

11. VIcariousViking

-gasp- Nnnnnoooooo!!!!!!!!

Kawa likes this.
  12. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I checked. There's no Lua involved in either the character selector (which already has a paging-like thing) or the character creator. Only UI control and style definitions.

VIcariousViking likes this.
  13. Biggaveli

Biggaveli Phantasmal Quasar

Badass Mod!! I hope more modders add compatibility!!

14. RockyTV

RockyTV Big Damn Hero

Second slot occupied by my mod.

15. VIcariousViking

....if this is so easy to use why doesn't it work for me at all anytime I try to add a 2nd race.... There are no clear instructions on how to add a 2nd race anywhere (which there should be somewhere on your mod page...like...the front page), but I think I figured out how it's SUPPOSED to work...but of course. It doesn't actually.

16. espilonarge

espilonarge Big Damn Hero

As much as I want to get my mod working with this, I keep running in to confliction issues with other races. :(

17. Sabboth

Sabboth Zero Gravity Genie

First off, I love the mod! My Argonian race mod uses this one as a dependency. Such a simple change, but so effective.

What you need to do is go to the charcreation.config file in the interface folder of your race mod and find it's button entry (the first one, not the second set at the very bottom for gender icons). First check that it's id number is unique from every other race mod installed (also check for the same unique id in the races x.species file), then in the "position" make sure it starts at [208, 0] and increases by 27 and decreases by 26 by the x and y coordinates respectively. So the first slot would be [208, 0] second slot [235, 0] fourth slot [208, -26] so and so forth.

Hope that helps.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  18. RockyTV

RockyTV Big Damn Hero

We should index which races uses which slots.

19. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Or just push the devs to get rid of the index BS.

Because if you lay index claims, it still won't work. Indices must be consecutive, and not everyone will want every single species mod just to fill in the gaps.

20. onerb2

onerb2 Pangalactic Porcupine

uuh, could you put a mirror option? the dl on chucklefish site is bugging.
    Oh, and it would be good to have a readme teaching how to install \ use the mod

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013