1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Ningen Race Mod 1.8a

Human replace and 90+ hairstyles

1. ODABUTSU

ODABUTSU Subatomic Cosmonaut

ODABUTSU submitted a new mod:

Ningen Race Mod - Human replace and 50+ hairstyles

Read more about this mod...

2. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

Oooh I really like the white haired one!

3. Biggaveli

Biggaveli Phantasmal Quasar

4. Liviane

Liviane Void-Bound Voyager

I crash on startup: "Error: Access violation detected at 0xa468ad (Read of addrss 0xf0)", tried installing both manually and through manager. derped D:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  5. Pinkishu

Pinkishu Phantasmal Quasar

These should be in the core game :p

CalamityQuote and Silverduke1 like this.
  6. Silverduke1

Silverduke1 Giant Laser Beams

How about making the Ears a seperate option from hair so you can choose ears to combine with any hairstyle? Its just a suggestion and i dont know hard hard it would be to implement

7. Hoxalicious

Hoxalicious Industrial Terraformer

Excellent job here. I look forward to messing around in Starbound with cool hair!

Can you supply an alternate link, please?

8. CadeStirling

CadeStirling Subatomic Cosmonaut

Loving this mod to death and I only had it an hour lol. Though I think I may have noticed a bug.
    When using a bed or...wagon u.u/) I couldn't tell if the eyes were closed and I'm not sure I ever saw my character blink. Do you also think you could make the hair compatible with the default human race?

9. Silverduke1

i downloaded try clicking the download link on the side of the mod's page version of this mod for now to download it.

10. 55904753zx

55904753zx Void-Bound Voyager

When i click the download it sends me to an error page, can't download :,(

11. Silverduke1

there are two download links on the page try clicking the other one, if this does not work refresh the page and keep trying eventually it should eventually work the mod download system has been cliamed to be even a little buggy by the developers. The second Download link isn't viewable in discussion so you'll have to click one of the other tabs at the top

12. jazari

jazari Scruffy Nerf-Herder

what version does it work for

13. Silverduke1

the current version indignant koala

14. Kehki

Kehki Void-Bound Voyager

I am have tried to apply this mod through the manager as well as just replacing the files in the starbound folder but I keep getting an error on start up either way. I have tried other mods with the manager and they were just fine so I know I set up the files for that just fine. Doing it manually is just as simple yet still the errors. What do?

15. DXLelouch

DXLelouch Void-Bound Voyager

i use to have those problems as well
    use the bootstrap method http://community.playstarbound.com/...way-to-install-mods.41929/page-8#post-1525645
    only instead of just putting it inside the mods folder, also edit the config files like codex,quests,player,universe_server,charcreation(use kawas), then delete the config files inside the race mods folders
    its what i did and it worked perfectly
    might wanna make a backup of the configs after modding incase all hell breaks loose next patch(beta so yea)

Kehki likes this.
  16. Slug

Slug Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love it! It's like humans then you got your anime humans!

17. Kehki

Kehki Void-Bound Voyager

There's a new patch out for the game but when this mod gets updated to be supported for it I'll definitely try this, thank you

18. DXLelouch

DXLelouch Void-Bound Voyager

well the whole reason i did that is cause there wasnt an easier method
    so yea

19. HappySailor

HappySailor Subatomic Cosmonaut

I don't really understand this mod... it's humans with anime hair? why not just make an anime hair pack instead of a whole new race? It seems unnecessary clutter for just adding hair... I mean, if you added more that makes this race unique from just "Anime Humans", then by all means you're entitled to this race, but you didn't do anything to explain that.
    All I've seen is that you called them Ningen, which is the word for a japanese giant ugly sea monster, and posted a picture of a bunch of anime hair.
    The mod looks great and your spriting is nice, but saying oh it's "kawaii anime" isn't a sell for me. If you could tell me why they are separate from humans either using lore or some other reason, if you could say what your plans for them are, like how do other races treat them? Will they be getting special race specific armor based on trending Kaiju, shonen, magic girl, moe or any other anime style? Are you even taking them any further? If this is just a mod for anime hair, simplify it, it doesn't have to be a race.

I want to like this, but for me to download it, AND give it a recommend to my starboundy friends, I need more, not more content, just more insight into what makes the "Ningen" a race and not just..."kawaii"

InevitableChoice likes this.
  20. John Titor

John Titor Intergalactic Tourist

Would love to see many of these hair-styles implemented in the official game!