1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Fully Customizable Ship 2.0 Upbeat Giraffe Beta

Lets you customize your ship block by block

1. Princeofmar5

Princeofmar5 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Princeofmar5 submitted a new mod:

Fully Customizable Ship - Lets you customize your ship block by block

Read more about this mod...

Original Post: http://community.playstarbound.com/...stomizable-ship-v1-0-4-indignant-koala.44650/

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    Jbuilder1234, Merilyian and Gazz like this.
  2. Princeofmar5

Jbuilder1234 likes this.
  3. Murlocking

Murlocking Astral Cartographer

Work with last update on Multiplayer? How does it work? Does everyone need the file to see and access my modded ship ?
    Will i lose my current items in my ship if i use this mod?
    I really don't want to lose anything before i try this, i only play multiplayer too.

4. Princeofmar5

The mod does work on multiplayer. It only uses materials that are in the vanilla game. It can only be applied to new characters, however I am considering adding a save file to the mod so existing characters can use the mod. If I do that, you will lose everything on your ship.

5. Axyl Drache

Axyl Drache Void-Bound Voyager

So I'm guessing for this to work in Multiplayer, each individual player needs to have the mod installed?

Either way, this mod looks great. I'll try it soon.

6. Princeofmar5

No, everyone can see your ship even without the mod installed.

7. Murlocking

Awesome, if you do, i'll download your mod :) I don't want to start over for now!
    Thanks for the replies!

Keep me up-to-date if you release this feature please!

8. ReeceDevonport

ReeceDevonport Orbital Explorer

I'm having difficulty installing this mod, I've deleted all of my shipworld files and created the mod folder and added it into the bootstrap file.

9. Princeofmar5

Right now the mod only applies to new characters.

10. Destructor

Destructor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

danks_ likes this.
  11. Raitatsu

Raitatsu Space Hobo

Maybe I'm completely stupid, but I'm STILL having trouble. I have followed all the instructions, deleted my character files, and still no luck.

EDIT: Found it out. I was hosting my OWN server the entire time. If anyone else encounters the same circumstances I did by some stupid luck, make sure you make the character in single player, or take down your server before creating your character.

12. Princeofmar5

Also you shouldn't have to delete character files, the mod just isn't compatible with old characters yet.

13. slyr114

slyr114 Yeah, You!

I added the mod manually at first and then ever tried with starloader, the mod seems to be setup perfectly but no matter what i do, even with new characters as you suggest, I can not modify my ships at all. Do I need a special tool?

14. ForceablePlace

ForceablePlace Phantasmal Quasar

15. Vandy

Vandy Space Hobo

Hey just wondering, if you delete the engine/burner things on the bottom/ back of your ship is there any way to get them back?

The Maltese Penguin likes this.
  16. Princeofmar5

I did all the coding myself. When I saw that their mod was only a save file release I decided to try and make one where you didn't have to manually apply it to all of your characters and wipe your ship. Their mod is currently the better choice if you want to use an existing character.

As a reply to Vandy, the burners should drop as items, right now I didn't include a way to replace them because I wanted to keep the mod vanilla and I didn't want to mess with starting treasure.

17. ForceablePlace

ForceablePlace Phantasmal Quasar

Ah, i see, but what do you mean "apply it to all your chars and while your ship"? Their mod, is just a edited ship file, you don't need to add it to ALL your chars, only the ones wanted, AI your mod just changed the code to force new chars to use the "Editable ship"? Why? Then you can't use it on existing chars, and you can also use it on new ones, sure their mod wipes your ship (only the one ship) but your mod doesent do anything different does it? Since making a new char is the same as wiping your current ones, you loose your stuff, imo the other ship mod seems more convenient lol

18. Murlocking

In my opinion, i think you're just being an ass to this guy. The author of the other mod even have a link to THIS page on HIS mod description.

Princeofmar5 likes this.
  19. D4rkWolf93

D4rkWolf93 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I really love this mod, wasn't fussed about making a new character or anything to test it out, seriously love it so far!
    [​IMG]
    Just an example of what I made in about.. 30 mins? :p
    I think though one thing which would be good would be a way to access more thrusts on the bottom and the back (would be good for those who wish to make a BIG ship :)

20. Princeofmar5

Wow that looks really nice, if you'd like I could include that with the mod and give you credit. I'm looking for ships to include to give players options.

Mage_Ethatre, julz19 and Renger45 like this.