Patchnotes for v. Indignant Koala 12/11/2013

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Dec 11, 2013.

1. hoschelhoff

hoschelhoff Starship Captain

Game is too easy now. Fall damage is non-existant, there's no risk digging down anymore. Mobs barely do any damage.
    I got so used to the harsh nature of the previous version that I feel invincible now. /sadface

Cozy Panda and xnez like this.
  2. fredmay20

fredmay20 Phantasmal Quasar

Great ideas! One of the best constructive criticisms I've seen! You should put this in the appropriate thread in suggestions ;)

vanella and Ciaran_D like this.
  3. fredmay20

"sadface" you avatar doesn't say that :p

4. Ciaran_D

Ciaran_D Zero Gravity Genie

Thanks pal! I have, I posted it there too. Thanks for the appreciation.

5. hoschelhoff

hoschelhoff Starship Captain

If only avatars worked like an actual mood indicator.

6. Crackington II

Crackington II Subatomic Cosmonaut

You can't use wood in the fuelery? What is this?

7. SkeithRei

SkeithRei Subatomic Cosmonaut

"Nerf the hell out of birds"

THANK GOD BIRDS WRECKED FACE THIS UPDATE IS AUTOMATICALLY AMAZING AS IS CAPS LOCK HURRAY

8. fredmay20

I found the same one, post it in the bugs section where the devs look for bugs ;)

9. fredmay20

You can turn wood into coal :p

10. Haliburton

Haliburton Master Chief

I love what the game is looking to become, but have one major problem so far.

The mobs in the game all feel relatively the same. I worry that this game might be experiencing the "Spore" delema, where even though creatures look very different, they are all too similar and lack anything special to make them unique. To me, the fighting and killing of these creeps just isn't that exciting, and more of a chore. They should drop a variety of items that can only be dropped by them. Meat, leather, and pixels gets old pretty fast.

Lastly, exploration feels a bit weak in my humble opinion. I realize there is a lot of more content that will be integrated in the game, but as it currently stands, traveling to other galaxies, solar systems, and worlds is a bit underwhelming. I would like to see a wider variety in planets. Every planet seems very similar, just re-textured with new randomly generated mobs and dungeons/villages. Perhaps a planet made entirely of glass, perhaps a planet that has only silver, another will only gold, I don't know. Just more interesting.

vanella and Vexon like this.
  11. fredmay20

You've got to realize that this is in its early stages. They are buffing,nerfing,changin...all sorts of things. To make posts like these more helpful post them in the suggestions page ;)

12. Thor

Thor Void-Bound Voyager

You know what else is helpful, you, bigguy

13. fredmay20

is that sarcastic.... or nice :p

Thor likes this.
  14. Thor

Thor Void-Bound Voyager

Yes.

15. fredmay20

Dang man I dont understand D: .... hahah. So whats your opinion on this update? :)

16. Thor

Thor Void-Bound Voyager

Seems spammy.edu

17. fredmay20

Don't comment on these things... just report it. Got scolded first hand O_O

18. AisenGaming

AisenGaming Void-Bound Voyager

I like that the post mentions that character wipes did not happen. Yet I lost 3 of my characters. One who had come pretty far into the game.

19. miniblini

miniblini Orbital Explorer

Okay, this isn't important, But I just can't stop thinking about it.... I understand that each update is supposed to be a koala in various stages of unpleasant.... BUT WHY KOALAS? What did they do to earn such unhappiness? Will they ever be happy? Will there ever be other animals? Or will the koala be forever alone? It is so distressing to me!

Oh, also, yay, Patch!

vanella and King Leonidas like this.
  20. GruntyMan

GruntyMan Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry, new to CF forums. I found the right place to post it.