1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Massive Mitarus Station, Presented by Alsehr Industries!

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by Alsehr, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Alsehr

Alsehr Pangalactic Porcupine

Alsehr Industries thanks you for your purchase, and welcome to your brand new,
    Mitarus Class Research Station!
    (The Mitarus Station is an extensive redux of previous "standard" stations, which were lacking in many venues.)
    [​IMG]
    The Mitarus was designed with research in mind, and has numerous features to assist you in your exploration and conquering of the vast, innumerable planets of the universe!

• Painstaking Grid Alignment to assist with building. (The original station that this design was based on had numerous alignment issues.)
    • Space, space, space! Any serious researcher, explorer or conquerer will require massive amounts of room for their equipment, loot and tools, and we at Alsehr Industries have taken the effort to give you that extra room! Not to mention several item lockers, in key locations on the ship. (More may be added later!)
    • Agriculture! The Atrium at the center of the ship has been expanded, giving plenty of room for many tiers of plants. An industrious farmer on the go can sow and harvest hundreds of edible vegetables, eliminating the need for planetary colonization!
    • Mobility! Did your previous space junker lack the room for a bed and your wooden crate collection? Well, now your dormitories move with you, and you can bring every item onto your ship. Our world-class Hangar and Armory boast enough space for even the most ambitious hoards.
    • Entertainment! The Mitarus is host to a large lounge/bar area, big enough for live music venues, drinks and can entertain up to several dozen individuals!
    • Lighting! Did your ancient space station offer little to no native lighting? Was it a nightmare to find enough fixtures just to illuminate the entire station? The Mitarus offers native lighting, so that even the most economical adventurer can still get a day's work done on any level!
    • Less Bulk! Previous versions of this station were so large as to prevent comforting views of the void, but with incredible technology and effort, we at Alsehr Industries have managed to decrease the exterior armor size to a mere 4 metras, allowing for beautiful views, and decreasing fuel costs!
    • An Albatross Class FTL Engine with 5000 fuel capacity! Eliminate frequent trips down to engineering by filling this engine. (Alsehr Industries holds no responsibility for fuel costs.)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Please leave feedback if you enjoy this fix! I will continue updating!

Alternate DL link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/rf7egam29y489sc/Mitarus+Station+ship+mod+by+Alsehr+V1.1.zip

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  2. juskom95

juskom95 Subatomic Cosmonaut

This might be worth starting a new character or messing around with the shipworld file.

3. Torren

Torren Ketchup Robot

Everything you touch is sheer magic.

4. Bandus

Bandus Big Damn Hero

I really like this mod. I am wondering if there is a way to make it work in multiplayer?

5. Alsehr

The issue currently, is that we can only modify the default race's ships, and that will make it so that anyone who has this mod will see the background images for the Mitarus over the default ships (For whatever race you have modified.) I have heard the devs say that they would allow ship mods to work in multiplayer by forcing other players to DL your BG images when they join your ship, but it's a functionality that has not been added yet. So, as of yet, everyone in your party must have this mod in order to see your ship. I have been experimenting with a workaround, but there is no other solution currently. Sorry, it works best as single player currently. Otherwise, everyone has to have it for... say, Avians, as an example. Or a mod as -all- of your ships, and that's silly.

Actually, I have just come up with something, that may prevent that issue, but it still requires your friends to download the image file and put it into the correct folder. I'll keep you posted.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  6. aidan1982

aidan1982 Seal Broken

Actually its easy to fix, all you need to do, is follow the file structure....

dropship.structure, dropshipblocks, shipship first file calls up the other two files. pretty much pulls it up fills it and bam all done.

dropship2.structure, dropshipblocks2, dropship2

etc. etc.

for mods:

just copy dropship.structure and modify everything in there for your modded ship(mostly the alignments and stuff done by the modders). New files:

dropship#.structure + dropshipblocks# + dropship#

after that its easy as editing the universe.config file, and changing the starting ship for the race you play to the one you want :). and all a server or other player needs is the same file structure followed, to have your mod ship pop up, and there ship still be what ever it is also. Till the devs come up with a simpler way for ship mods to appear properly.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  7. Alsehr

This post reserved.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  8. sixxes

sixxes Void-Bound Voyager

Seems to be a very nice improvement over the original asset. Good work.

9. sedk6

sedk6 Yeah, You!

Download?

10. WittyUsername816

WittyUsername816 Poptop Tamer

What would happen if I connected to a server with this, and more specifically, if someone beamed to my ship and they didn't have this installed, but I did?

Twidboy likes this.
  11. Alsehr

They would see the interior of the ship but not the background image.

12. WittyUsername816

So it would just be floating stuff and floor blocks to them?

13. Alsehr

Yes, but to fix this, you can give them the four image files, and have them put it in the respective folder to see your ship.

14. WittyUsername816

Alright sweet, thanks.

15. Hoxalicious

Hoxalicious Industrial Terraformer

One thing to note in my experience trying to break ship customization is that upon creating a third structure file (aptly named dropship3.structure) the entire server had a crapfit. This led me to the understanding that you do not need the dropship file you made for the custom ship once the .SHIPWORLD has been created.

What I mean with this is that once you have created the save for your newly downloaded ship, you can revert the dropship.structure data back to it's original form (the human hammerhead for example), and will encounter no problems with the modded save.

Here's something I've worked out that may prove useful, as well:

Once you have generated the .SHIPWORLD, all the relevant data is there. As long as other players have the .PNGs (namehere.png and namehereblocks.png) in the appropriate space, they will be able to visit your now-unique ship.

The beauty, here? You can actually package the .SHIPWORLD and the PNGs together. All the user has to do is rename .SHIPWORLD to fit their desired character (after backing up their old ship, of course!)

The downside: You will need to move all of your items from your old ship if this is a permanent change. This is easily done by simply renaming the .SHIPWORLD to back and forth.

This might be a good thing for ship modders to take note of, as they can save the end-user a lot of trouble by providing them with an empty ship for them to customize. No replacing of files required, and no dummy-alts being made to facilitate the mod. It's clean, it's fast, and it's user-friendly.

16. MichaelSeph

MichaelSeph Void-Bound Voyager

For those who want to have this type of station in Multiplayer, just get the original/default station mod which uses the files that are already in everyone's game, the old station images, so everyone will see your ship perfectly, just that it won't have a name up and you have to put your own lights (your own personalizable decoration, isn't that what you really want most ? :D ). Still 5000 fuel, locker, command chair and tech station, ofc.

17. Vulkax

Vulkax Void-Bound Voyager

Could you add a mirror download?

18. cm97878

cm97878 Void-Bound Voyager

The download link isn't working for me, sadly. I'll keep checking back, this looks like a great mod!

19. vorholamus

vorholamus Big Damn Hero

Люди кто его когда либо качал, скиньте пожаалста - skype dark77798
    People who download this mod? please send me to skype - dark77798

20. Ebon_Wolf

Ebon_Wolf Subatomic Cosmonaut

looks amazing hope you add alternative link